Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Silver and Black so Far  (Read 1090 times)
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« on: November 03, 2009, 01:14:03 pm »

Well they have a few days break now till their next game on thursday against utah.  You would have thought they'd come out with more energy in Chicago given the fact of how deep they apparently are.  But it was the bulls home opener. 

What's everyone thoughts on the first few games of the season?

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 02:48:15 am »

well im impressed so far even with the chicago loss i feel that rc and pop got the right guys in the offseason. ratliff is blocking shots so well, blair is rebounding well. the old guys like manu didnt show signs of slowing down and timmy has been a beast on the boards like always. so overall 2-1 aint too bad because they showed up in their wins. they will be a beast of a team after a few games of play

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 12:11:08 am »

SOS

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 12:34:37 am »

Alright full disclosure, I'm still thinking in terms of football were every game means sooo much and so my thoughts on these Spurs will change wildly from game to game.

Shoot me.

But I just watched them play their best game of the young season.  That was by far their best defensive effort, and they did something that I havent seen from the Spurs since Robinson retired, they didnt pack it in after being down double digits on the road.  Granted the Blazers had a lot to do with that with a lot of mindless turnovers late, but this defense was great on the perimeter.  I love the idea of starting Bogans because he is a better on the ball defender than Finley or Mason.

By the way, could some one help me with how to react when your team does a highlight dunk?  I havent seen a Spur do one in a long time and when RJ dunked in the fourth I just looked at the screen with a blank stare and didnt know what to do.

But the best part is that they tried to press, with mixed results, but they attempted it.  I dont understand why more teams dont try this.  It is 8 seconds now people, and alot of teams have some bad ball handlers on the court at times.  It would absolutely **** some teams up.

Now, I still have several concerns.  Still think they need another shot blocker, still shoot too many threes, and Manu just isnt a good shooter anymore (although that very well could be just a bad start to the season), but I still have a little hope for this team that they can hold that trophy at the end of the season.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: