Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tough to watch  (Read 1431 times)
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: October 29, 2009, 08:47:42 pm »

Let me say first that Im a Spurs fan through and through, and that I had very high hopes for this season.  I think Pop is a good coach, though i use to think as recently as this morning that he was a great coach.

But after watching last nights game and 3 quarters of the second game, it is apparent he is off his rocker.

His offensive game plan is basically spacing and ball movement.  Have Tim Duncan and shooters around him and just hope you can move the ball around for an open shot, usually an open 3 pointer.  This is all well and good when players are making shots...

BUT

...when these shots are not falling, and you are shooting...last I hear 2-16 from 3...you need to do something else.  I know shooters are supposed to keep shooting and whatever, but when you have Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, and even Hil you need to drive the ball to the hoop and try to get layups and foul shots.  Too much of this offense relies on the 3-pointer and it drives me insane.  A perfect example of this was earier in the game Duncan came arcross the lane and he made a pass to Jefferson who instead of spotting up in the corner for a 3 he was cutting to the basket and the ball went out of bounds.  Im sure when he got back to the huddle he was told he messed up because they want to lead the league in missed open 3s.

They will not win the title this year if this keeps up because as we have seen they do not shot well in the postseason.

In years pasted they could make up for it because their defense was so good, but it is not anymore.  They need someone else that can block shots and stop insisting on playing Bonner.  Last year when Chandler suggested they needed to get camby I said no, but now Ive changed my mind and I think that is exactly the kind of player they need.  Duncan cant do it by himself.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:34:20 pm »

lol. yeah it was tough to watch. damn those pogo sticks on the glass. should i say stephen jackson?Huh

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 12:21:58 am »

I dont know, I dont think he really helps us does he?  Would you trade Manu for him?  Cause if not what would your end of the game line up be with Parker, Manu, Jefferson, and Jack on the team?  Those 4 and Duncan?  Entertaining.

We need another shot blocker that plays 20+ min.  Shot blockers are more important in todays games than in past years because no hand checking makes it hard for even the best defenders in the league to stay infront of players.  Thats why the lakers are so tough, not because of Kobe and Ron (who is not as good a defender as people say anymore), but it is because they have three guys in Odom, Bynum, and Gasol that can challenge people at the rim.  Even their 3rd string center DJ is a good shot blocker.

We need athletes, and by the way are three unactive players Ian, Marcus, and Malik, are three of our more athletic players.

Splitter cant get here soon enough.

Good thing we have the Kings coming in this weekend.  That will make us look better.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 03:35:58 pm »

They were also looking to run a lot. I don't think I like that. It took away from their half-court game and it's not Pop's style anyway. The commentators were talking about how there's "less pressure" on the defense if they run. But f.uck that, there's less pressure on the defense because they have Richard Jefferson on the offensive end now. This team shouldn't have problems scoring, especially at the end of games, even if they play slow.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 06:53:00 pm »

I'd love to get camby but is he worth giving up a George Hill and some expirings... I dunno... I'm not worried by any means.  It's game two, and I am more concerned about how theyshape  up in march april and once they get their plays and rotations and everything sorted out.

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: