Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Croshere for Daniels  (Read 3869 times)
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: July 05, 2006, 08:52:48 pm »

FINALLY!

A playmaker that can play some D and pass the ball. This will go down as the best offseason move for this franchise in years.. Also with extra depth at PG gives Indy leverage to fanagle a sign & trade for Harrington.

Sad to see Croshere go though. Always played good minutes when needed, and a bit underrated in my opinion.
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:06:26 pm »

I think we could have done better. Daniels is good and all, but Croshere was one of our only backup power forwards and a 9 million dollar expiring contract.

As much as I like Fred Jones. I think his days in Indy are up with this trade.
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 09:49:20 pm »

Presumably this is a move to open up more PT for Harrington as well. It's pretty obvious that management is looking for multi-position players, so I wouldn't write off Freddy just yet. He's one of the more versatile guys on the team and I'd expect that he'll get a reasonable offer.

If Jones' stock explodes like James Jones or Brad Miller, I say let him go -- obviously its not worth another huge contract just to have him come off the bench.
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:13:10 pm »

Quote from: "31"
Presumably this is a move to open up more PT for Harrington as well. It's pretty obvious that management is looking for multi-position players, so I wouldn't write off Freddy just yet. He's one of the more versatile guys on the team and I'd expect that he'll get a reasonable offer.

If Jones' stock explodes like James Jones or Brad Miller, I say let him go -- obviously its not worth another huge contract just to have him come off the bench.

If we somehow get rid of Jackson, yeah I'd want him resigned. But not if someone drastically overpays him because he's a restricted free agent.

I agree with what you said about versatile players. Granger and Shawne Williams can both play the 4, 3 and probably 2. If we get Al Harrington he can play both the 4 and 3. Jackson can already play the 3 and 2.

I want another power forward though, maybe a second year or undrafted rookie we can sign at the minimum. Incase JO or Al gets injured. We only have 11 players under contract (12 if we sign Harrington).
Craig_Hodges_Is_My_Hero
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:30:57 pm »

I mean Daniels is solid but unless they get rid of Jackson (which I hope they do) this really doesn't make too much sense to me.  They have Granger at the 3, another pick at the 3, now there's talk of Harrington?  Enough with the swingmen geez.
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 10:35:38 pm »

I think we if add Harrington we'll have just enough swingmen. They are versatile. Granger, Williams, and Harrington can all play the 3 and 4. I think the combination of JO, Granger and Harrington on the floor will be nice.
pinoyballa
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 10:50:19 pm »

only one on one trade?

Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 10:50:48 pm »

Quote from: "pinoyballa"
only one on one trade?

yeah it was Austin Croshere for Marquis Daniels straight up.
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 11:40:54 pm »

It was a good trade for the Pacers, they got a solid guy in the backcourt who doesn't need to start and is a bit more consistent and athletic than anyone they have at point.  Oh, and does anyone actually expect Shawne Williams to play next season, don't you think might be stretching it just a little bit?

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
Millertime31
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 01:14:39 pm »

I like this trade a lot.
Rashidi
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 12:17:50 am »

Good trade for the Pacers, he's an upgrade over Fred Jones.

Halfdan The Black
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 02:31:32 am »

You Pacer fans are going to love Daniels.  He is ready for a break out season I am betting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: