Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86   Go Down

Author Topic: (Un)official NHL season thread  (Read 103941 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« on: December 10, 2009, 06:41:54 pm »

Well, I know there aren't a lot of hockey fans on this site, if any. I know there's Josh, Steve, Mild Sauce, and maybe lil_flip_remix. So whatever discussion we can generate will be totally sweet, because there are no good hockey forums on the internet and I am hankerin' for some hockey talk.

So? Thoughts on a season that's almost at it's halfway point? My team, the Leafs, perennial losers, are starting to kick it up a notch being 7-2-1 in there last 9 after an abysmal start.

Red Wings look ordinary as hell this year. Everyone knew age would become a factor  for their core, and well, it has.

Penguins don't have as much spunk as a defending Stanley Cup champ should. Hangover?

Ryan Miller is about as sure a thing for the Vezina as it can get 30 games into the season. Dude is INSANE.

More to come, this will be stickied in favour of the baseball awards.

Soon....
Shemy
All-Star

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »

GO

New York Gaboriks

sigs come from realgm, "Brookylnstoops" and "shooters"
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:32:27 pm »

GO

New York Gaboriks

LOL for real, dude has been UNREAL this year..but give props to Lundqvist and my n*gga Ales Kotalik...

Soon....
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 10:39:07 pm »

Why wouldn't you just send your other topic over? Nerd.

RIP Madawg
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 10:51:48 pm »

Why wouldn't you just send your other topic over? Nerd.

Screw you arsehole.

Soon....
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 03:43:51 am »

Rough loss for the Blackhawks tonight. Still think that they're the best team in the league right now though, ever since Toews and Hossa have gotten back from their injuries, I feel like they're really the best team out there. Not just saying this as a homer, they're really looking good as a whole, things just didn't work right tonight.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 12:10:36 pm »

Gotta agree with you there, one of my favourite teams in the league, they are probably the clear choice for being the best right now. I think they have a real good chance of winning the Cup this year, the time is now for them considering half the team leaves to free agency at the end of the year, although they do have the key guys locked up. Toews is just starting to pick it up for me in fantasy, he is a great player.

Soon....
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 04:41:17 am »

Yeah, they do have a lot of guys leaving, but the main pieces are going to be there. That front office does things right, gets the main pieces locked up and puts guys around them. I think they also have Big Buff for at least one more year. He's my personal favorite player on the team. Thought I should throw in that my friend's uncle, is their senior executive director of ticket & business development. He took that job after being the CEO or something of Ticketmaster for the Chicago region. He's actually got me courtside tickets to Bulls games before and gave me a chance to get great tickets to the Winter Classic this past year. Funny thing is that the guy doesn't even like sports.

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 06:13:18 pm »

Wings baby! Hockeytown

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 07:23:22 pm »

Wings are decidedly average this year, although that's partly because everyone expects greatness year to year. They're playing better lately though, but they really aren't the same as the team that went to the Finals last year.

Soon....
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 04:35:39 am »

How the hell does a team like the Blackhawks blow a 4 goal lead that quickly and lose in a shootout? Frustrating loss to say the least, VERY frustrating. I was rough on Huet early in the year, warmed up to him as the season went on, but every time I say good things about him, he allows stuff like this to happen. 3 of those 4 goals should've been saved and would've been my most goalies.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 08:25:11 am »

How the hell does a team like the Blackhawks blow a 4 goal lead that quickly and lose in a shootout? Frustrating loss to say the least, VERY frustrating. I was rough on Huet early in the year, warmed up to him as the season went on, but every time I say good things about him, he allows stuff like this to happen. 3 of those 4 goals should've been saved and would've been my most goalies.

I don't know why they refuse to play Niemi more often, he's having a great year, his record is what 9-2? Huet is terrible, give the rook a shot, he's clearly the better goalie.

Soon....
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 01:27:51 pm »

I agree. Huet was looking VERY good for a stretch, but every once in a while, like last night, he reverts to his old self, giving up stupid goals and just playing terribly. Niemi has, I believe, 1 shutout, but he also is pretty consistent with how good he is. I mean, just looking at those 4 goals the Wild scored last night in the 3rd, a couple of those were ones that I could easily stop.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 01:31:05 pm »

Niemi is actually 11-2 let me correct myself there. He too is prone to the weak goal but he's a much smarter, more positional goalie than Huet.

Aside from the uncertainty in net I don't see one reason as to why the Hawks won't win the Cup this year (I've been following them closely, when you're a Leafs fan it's wise to enjoy another team), aside from the fact I've been reading rumors that the Capitals could be trading for Ilya Kovalchuk....Backstrom-Ovechkin-Semin-Kovalchuk would be insane. For the rest of the leagues sake, I hope it doesn't happen.

Soon....
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 02:04:09 pm »

I agree with you on Niemi, MUCH better positional. It's just funny how when he came in at the age of 33 the Chicago sports media was talking about how he was this great up and coming goalie when in reality he already had a lot of mileage on him. They were pretty much trying to sell us on him improving over the next few years when in reality, I've seen some, but I don't expect to see any more.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86   Go Up

Jump to: