Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Pro Bowl Rosters  (Read 3481 times)
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 11:46:37 am »

Really?  Why is that?  Welker's leading the NFL in reception this season...by a lot.  That doesn't deserve a Pro Bowl bid?
He only has 4 touchdowns, Moss is leading the league with 13

Ok, but Welker does all the dirty work... Welker pretty much gets them down the field and Moss catches a 4 or 5 yard touchdown to cap the drive.  They are rewarding the harder working guy here, IMO.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 12:13:31 pm »

Really?  Why is that?  Welker's leading the NFL in reception this season...by a lot.  That doesn't deserve a Pro Bowl bid?
He only has 4 touchdowns, Moss is leading the league with 13

Ok, but Welker does all the dirty work... Welker pretty much gets them down the field and Moss catches a 4 or 5 yard touchdown to cap the drive.  They are rewarding the harder working guy here, IMO.
Exactly.  By propping up Moss, you're really only carrying about the end result rather than everything that leads up to it.  Welker makes the fact that the Patriots running game is absolute crap the last few seasons, okay because he for all intents and purposes their running game.  Not only that, but he leads the league in receiving yards per game (and would lead the league in receiving yards, if he hadn't missed two games).  He also leads all receivers in yards after the catch (the next closest receiver is over a hundred yards behind him0 and he's second in first down catches.  Not to mention he's leading the league in receptions by more than 20 (again, if he hadn't missed those two games, it might be closer to 40, in fact, looking at his per game numbers, if not for those two games, he'd be on pace to break the single season reception record).  How does a player like that not make it to the Pro Bowl?

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 12:52:08 pm »

My issues with the roster:
-Brandon Marshall over Vincent Jackson. Seriously, one game doesn't make a season.
-Tom Brady over Matt Schaub. The only reason I can understand is because Brady's team is in the playoffs easily and the Texans are still battling.
-Larry Fitzgerald over Roddy White. Reputation is the thing here, clearly. Fitz's stats aren't all that great and couple that with the fact White had Chris Redman throwing for a couple games...
-Thomas Jones over Huh. Seriously, I can't take off Rice, MJD, or Johnson over him but I think he deserves to be here. Special teamer?! Haha.
-Jason Witten over Brent Celek. Witten has 1 touchdown. 1!!!! 79 yards isn't enough to overcome the 7 touchdown difference between the 2. I would have picked Kellen Winslow and Tony Gonzalez over him, too.
-Leonard Davis over Reggie Wells. Somehow the Arizona Cardinals' offensive line has given enough time to Kurt Warner for the 7th fewest sacks in the NFL. Not to mention, the improved run game out of the team with someone halfway competent in the backfield.
-Bryant McKinnie over Sam Baker. McKinnie's play over the last 3 games has been awful. I understand better options are injured currently, but seriously; anyone over him right now. Sam Baker has played consistently in Atlanta to warrant the position.
-Jonathan Vilma over Jon Beason. Seriously, no forced fumbles or recoveries for Vilma. Fewer tackles, same passes defensed. I don't get this at all. It's not Beason's fault the Panthers DTs sucked.

Other snubs- Leon Hall, Cortland Finnegan, Brandon Merriweather, Antoine Bethea, Will Smith, Clay Matthews, and Justin Tuck.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:47:20 pm by Dice Dice Baby!! » Logged

RIP Madawg
RIP ER7trey
a.k.a. iBall EST & iHU$$LE EST & ER7-Trey folife
MVP

where Facial Hair happens...

Respect: +1

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 04:22:12 pm »

2010 Pro Bowl Rosters.

Agreements?  Disagreements?  Should someone be tarred and feathered for making the team?

I would've had Clay Matthews Jr. over Orakpo.  Gonna put a rookie in, gotta put a rookie from a Top 3 defense in the league.  Their numbers are pretty much identical.

What about Marques Colston?  Happy to see Desean Jackson get the start though.

Look at those young tackles on the AFC side.  Ryan Clady, Jake Long, Joe Thomas... impressive.

Aaron Rodgers and Favre on the squad together... awkward. LOL

Tom Brady over Matt Schaub?  I guess.

Its similar in the late 90s how we had 4 of the greatest tackles in history in Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden, Tony Boselli, and Walter Jones, we now have three young guys at that position who are going to dominate for the next decade hopefully.  I know Cutler wishes he still had Clady, that's for sure.  As for Schaub, he'll probably get in since personally, I think that its going to be either Manning, Rivers, or Brady playing in the Super Bowl.  You could argue for Big Ben as well.

and there was another one.. who played for the saints and the chiefs... his name is on the tip of my tongue

sig by bbyao06
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 04:41:51 pm »

Willie Roaf

RIP Madawg
jkilla
MVP

Respect: +23

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 02:03:45 am »