Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sit down, have a drink before you read  (Read 1872 times)
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: December 17, 2009, 10:43:24 pm »

Alright, I think it is clear that this team as presently constituted will not compete for a championship.  Even if their offense improves greatly to where they cut down turnovers and Tony pulls his out of his ***, they are not a good defensive team and cant stop anyone.  Their defense needs to improve greatly.

I am of the belief that with the contracts they have and the way they approached the offseason, everybody with an expiring contract on this team is expendable, personal relationships be damned.  They are clearly going all out, and will not accept being this second rate team which they are at this point.  The owner is paying too much and I think all involved, from Holt to RC to Pop, come hell or high water will have this team in championship form come playoff time.  As this season goes along, it will become increasingly obvious the only way to have this team compete for a title is with a trade.

I feel the best way is just to put a package together to go after Camby, as Chandler said in the other thread.  He improves the defense immediately, hes a veteran that will limit the mistakes, and is just one new player that has to be worked in.  He is my first option, and I think they should stay pat and try to get him all the way either till he is traded or the deadline.

But if that is not going to happen, I would like to submit a plan B.  And as the title of this thread reads, I will remind everyone.

Sit down, have a drink, just relax and try to keep an open mind.

As with Camby and like I have been saying for a while this defense has to improve for the team to be a title contender.  I love the idea of adding a shot blocker to play along side Duncan that is long and can defend against all the length of the Lakers, Celtics and even the Nuggets to an extent.  But if I can't add a shot blocker, then let me get longer and more athletic on the perimeter.

Again, take a few swallows, swish it around in your mouth and keep a bucket close by in case you spew.

Send a package of Finley, Mason, and Mahinmi to the Knicks for Jeffries and Chandler.

The length and size of these guys helps out a lot.  You can replace Bogans with Chandler in the starting line up, and now you have size and strength at your wings in the starting line up with Chandler and Jefferson.  If Pop is scared about Jeffries inability to shoot you can play him at SF off the bench with Bonner and have great length when Bonner is in the game.  I love the idea of even playing zone and having Jeffries at the top to trap people on the baselines to create turnovers and steals.  I know this does little for the bigs against the Lakers but if Theo does play more in the playoffs you have your big guys.  Plus a frontline of Jeffries, Duncan, and Theo is unbelievably long and a great defensive line up.

I know neither of these guys are your typical Spurs with their attitudes, but are they any worst than Captain Jack?  Take a few mintues, think about it before you hit reply and just blast me, because this is absolutely do able because all the Knicks want is Jeffries off the payroll for the offseason.

Sorry about this lengthy post, you may want a pillow as well before you sit down to read.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:17:31 pm »

The trade scenario is fine except for the fact that Chandler is better than any player the Spurs get back and while they do wish to be rid of Jefferies, Chandler I believe is in their long term players.

Soon....
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:32:53 pm »

they think chandler will be better than marion there in new yorkland

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:41:56 pm »

Well darn, I didn't know they were that high on him.  I was under the impression that everyone on there roster is available, especially if they could trade Curry or Jeffries.

Alright, come on Clippers help us out.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 08:33:48 am »

Well darn, I didn't know they were that high on him.  I was under the impression that everyone on there roster is available, especially if they could trade Curry or Jeffries.

Alright, come on Clippers help us out.

It's not that they are necessarily high on him but he is a young talented player and while they are cleaning house, they want to keep 1 or 2 core pieces around and I believe he is one of them. Of course, any Knick fan can come in here and prove me wrong at any time.

Soon....
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 10:55:31 am »

Last year thes spurs were close to landing marcus camby at the deadline, however, they didn't want to get rid of George Hill and probably because the spurs had a good indication ginobili was out for the season and didn't want to pull the trigger.  If the spurs could somehow land camby, and i have a feeling they will be pushing hard for him at the deadline, It would be ideal to send expirings in return and a pick.  I would be very reluctant to send George Hill the other way.  I would even be reluctant to send Roger Mason Jr the other way.  So who do the spurs have left to get rid of?  A veteran foe like finley? I'm not sure how it's going to work, but what i can agree, and i will happen is that Camby will be gone from the clippers by the end of the season to a contender that needs him.  Portland has the right amount of exceeding young talents at the guard and SF spot that could be expendable.  If the spurs managed to get camby, which would be insane, their line up would be incredible.

I've always wanted to see timmy moved back to the PF spot and Camby could help this.

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:34 pm »

The Spurs have won 5 of their last 6. It's definitely looking like the original poster jumped the gun.

Sig by bbyao06
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 05:34:57 pm »

The Spurs have won 5 of their last 6. It's definitely looking like the original poster jumped the gun.

What?  A fan posting to an online forum jumping the gun...please.  That never happens.

All joking aside, I dont think I was jumping the gun because they have beat mostly bad teams, and they lost to the only decent team they played in Phoenix.

By the way, anybody notice this trade got mentioned on ESPN's NBA Today podcast?  Ryen gave his approval.  This fake trade is picking up some steam.

Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 04:27:27 am »

15-10, winning again tonight. It's definitely jumping the gun to dismiss that team from title contention when we know who is on the team.

(It's not a bad trade suggestion though, that's not my issue)

Sig by bbyao06
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: