Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the weapons that we have  (Read 1676 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: January 31, 2010, 04:30:09 pm »

well the spurs lost to the nuggets today and the thats the last game before the long road trip that they call the 'rodeo trip'. after the loss i thought that we really should trade manu now before he loses trade value. plus we have some good pieces to offer teams to go along with him. im talking about tiago splitter whom the spurs drafted some 2 years ago. word is that he is willing to come to the nba and get out of his spain contract. we have blair and george hill who are offerable to teams. but what i really want to say is... LETS TRADE SPLITTER, MANU, BONNER, MAHINMI/BLAIR/HILL AND 1st ROUND DRAFT PICKS IN 2010 AND 2012 FOR AMARE OR BOOZER. phoenix might just let manu walk after the deal cause they are looking to cut salary and those draft picks and splitter are enough to build a good foundation. on the boozer thing, i dont care if he has double-crossed two teams already as long as we get an upgrade. he will be that guy that duncan passes the torch to. the two players i think will help us get to the number 2 spot. maybe not the top. lets see what we can do this offseason

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 12:27:20 pm »

I was with you on Manu until I watched these last two road games.  Other then still struggling with his shot, he is as good as ever.  He still makes too many questionable decisions, but he is getting better as the season goes along.  He is untradeable because of all the intangibles and he is their best closer.

I don't want Boozer anywhere near this team.  He is a me first guy, only cares about money, and I don't think is that much of an upgrade over Blair.  Amare I'm still undecided about, but I wouldn't trade for him if it included Manu, which any deal would almost have to.

As far as their other weapons, I like the guard rotation of Parker/Hill/Manu with Bogans as the 4th option, with some time at the SF.  With their bigs, I like Duncan/McDyess/Blair with Theo as a 4th.  Including Jefferson that would be my rotation, leaving out Mason, Bonner, and Finley.

I don't think it is a coincidence Mason and Bonner are losing minutes, and I think their expiring deals along with Finley would be part of any deal they would make.  Unless they can get a superstar I would hold onto Splitter, and just try to trade the expirings.  They still need a big for several reasons, one that doesn't get mentioned is Pop's desire not to play rookies come playoff time, as we saw last year with Hill saw his minutes drop off.  Blair could see the same happen to him.

While my top trade target is still Camby (though I think the Clips will get better offers from other teams), the deal I like and think they can do from now until the deadline is Mason, Bonner, Finley, and Mahinmi for Dalembert.  I watched him a couple weeks ago hold Andrew Bynum to 6 points on 2-6 shooting in 25 min.  Thats the kind of D they need to play these bigger teams.  And while you could say that is just Bynum having his ups and downs to the season, over his last 21 games he's been averaging 16 points a game and in double figures all but 4 times.  Those four times were against Orlando (Dwight), Cleveland (Shaq, Varejao), Memphis (Gasol, Randolph, Thabeet) and Philly (Sammy).  He has problems against teams that can match his size, length, and athleticism.  Bynum had 23 against the Spurs in their first meeting, so they need someone to control him because Duncan can't.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »

yeah i dunno about trading manu, i really think in order to trade camby we'd have to trade hill or blair.  clippers won't trade a good expiring for 3 crappy expirings, just doesn't make sense.  that's my opinion in the camby deal. 

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:49:34 am »

^^
Yeah, and it just doesn't seem like the Clips are in any hurry to deal him.  I think if he goes anywhere it would be to Portland because they have so many young pieces to offer.

But getting back to the weapons topic, I was just thinking about what the team would look like next year.  I have to believe Hairston will get some minutes next year, and I do believe Splitter will come over this summer.  His Euro contract expires this year and at 25 years old, its now or never for the kid.  So that adds two more players to the rotation, and Parker, Duncan, Jefferson, Hill, McDyess, Blair are all under contract for next season as well.  I think they will resign Manu, so that makes 9 players already.

The team looks pretty set at the moment, which really reduces the chance of a trade to bring in an impact player with their expiring deals.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: