Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another trade target  (Read 4676 times)
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: January 02, 2010, 04:45:02 pm »

Brendan Haywood

I keep reading that everyone on the Wizards roster is available, and he is the kind of player that the Spurs need to add.  He is putting up great numbers this season (10.3 boards and 2.3 blocks, though that production would dip with the Spurs because his minutes would be down) and would provide the added defensive presence the Spurs need.  Another thing about him is his salary is only 6 mil expiring, so it would be easier to come up with matching salaries for him as opposed to a Camby at nearly 9 mil.  However, I think he is a player that most contenders would be interested in and I dont think he is one of the players the Wizards are seeking to move.  To get him I think we would have to give up a young piece, unless a 3 team is brought in.  Just expiring contracts wont get him.

But he is another player on a short list that could put the Spurs over the top.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:49:13 am »

If we could get Haywood for cheap, i'd have no problems going for him, maybe sending Michael Finley and some filler for him.  If He's going to cost Roger Mason or something, i'd say forget it. I think the laker game ad the dallas game will be a good challenge to see where we are in the season

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 03:35:15 am »

i thought about this one too. but haywood's range is only from 10 feet. i guess they wont go get him because they value a center who could shoot well, bailing duncan out of those double teams. plus haywood is kind of a badass. he challenged etan thomas to fights just because he wasnt a starting center

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 02:18:35 pm »

Alright, got another.

Samuel Dalembert.

In only 25 mpg this season he is getting 9 rebs and 2.2 blocks.  He does come at a huge price, but he is another guy that would help the team a lot defensively.  There has been talk that playing with AI has helped him because AI is always dribbling around looking for a big at the rim, I think Manu could do the same for him here.  Again there would be concerns about his shooting same as haywood, but this is a guy that could come without giving up talent because they are just looking to dump him for cap relief.

And if it doesn't work out this season, next year he is a huge expiring contract that could be used to trade for someone mid season.

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 01:00:16 am »

yes, ive been watching a lot of sixers games lately and i think AI is to blame for the turn around in dalembert's season. but his contract is too hefty i dont think we can afford him. though he blocks a lot of shots, i dont think he is that type of presence. i think he is the kind of player who helps on defense. blocks shots from behind rather than blocking people face to face. im more sold on brendan haywood for now, unless theres a rumor of the spurs going for camby. and dalembert isnt likely going anywhere with his contract. haywood covers a lot of space and i heard his wingspin is longer than a natural 7-footer's. bet when he gets open for 10 feet he can knock em down. haywood also has a post-game from what i remember

14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 07:36:35 pm »

Alright, another

Ronny Turiaf

ESPN's Ric Bucher says the W's a looking for anyway to save money, so Turiaf could come on the cheap.  Plus at only 4 million this year and next with a 4.5 million dollar option in the final year, he is very affordable.  Big energy guy that can really defend at the rim.

Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 05:14:25 am »

ok, ok, i got one, i got one....

what if the rumors that minnesota isnt trying to trade jefferson aint true? though its a slap in the face for mcdyess, what if we trade him to the wolves along with mahinmi/blair and mason for al jefferson? we wont have to sacrifice manu

14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 12:47:45 am »

Yeah, I like that one.  Though, he could be very hard to get because they don't have to trade him now.  They have him locked up and can just sit back a wait for a great offer.  I personally don't know why they would want to trade him, I would rather keep him and trade Love but whatever.

I'll also add Marcin Gortat to this defacto list here.  He impressed tonight against the C's.

Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 02:14:09 pm »

ok, ok, i got another one. this one is out of the box...

emeka okafor. hornets are slumping and we could send them mason, a 2-guard which they are lacking plus the expirings of bonner and finley or we could also throw in splitter or mahinmi.

this how it goes:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhv6g5t

hugeneious
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 02:19:51 am »

Brendan Haywood

I keep reading that everyone on the Wizards roster is available, and he is the kind of player that the Spurs need to add.  He is putting up great numbers this season (10.3 boards and 2.3 blocks, though that production would dip with the Spurs because his minutes would be down) and would provide the added defensive presence the Spurs need.  Another thing about him is his salary is only 6 mil expiring, so it would be easier to come up with matching salaries for him as opposed to a Camby at nearly 9 mil.  However, I think he is a player that most contenders would be interested in and I dont think he is one of the players the Wizards are seeking to move.  To get him I think we would have to give up a young piece, unless a 3 team is brought in.  Just expiring contracts wont get him.

But he is another player on a short list that could put the Spurs over the top.

Jamison for Jefferson and
Bonner, Finley and Mason for Butler work

C  - Duncan Blair
PF - Jamison McDyess
SF - Butler
SG - Manu
PG - Parker Hill
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 03:46:13 pm »

michael finley and mahinmi for rasual butler. ive seen the guy play lately, he has improved a lot. and we have to get something out of mahinmi

Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 11:47:20 am »

what about eddy curry if he gets bought out in the summer or opts out? i heard they might buy him out so they can free up two million in cap space. and the spurs have had interest in him in the past. the behemoth is still young 28 next season and we need a guy whom we can turn the franchise over to. tim is getting too old. so is manu, and parker cant be a franchise player. so how bout this guy curry? IF HE EVER GETS BOUGHT OUT?

or lets just trade for him now. matt bonner, ian, finley, mason for curry. its a win-win. those guys we'll trade wont be around next year while we help new york clear cap space. we get to rent curry. if it doesnt work out? we let him go...

Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 07:39:38 am »

i heard luol deng was available...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: