Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anthony Randolph  (Read 3904 times)
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« on: November 08, 2009, 11:16:04 pm »

He is playing the same amount as last year. He should be getting at least 28 minutes a game right now, but he isn't. He isn't shooting well, but he's the future of the Warriors and he should be getting court time to develop. What the !@@#. He's a good rebounder and has improved his J...play him!!!
sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:27:31 pm »

Yeah they want to play him so bad, but man.... he is still so young.  Case in point:

The dude still runs wild around with the ball, like he is on the playground.  Its cool if you're an awesome shooter, not so cool when you're 6'10 and turn it over like you and I blink.  His game still needs alot of refining.

When we give him extended minutes, we get blown out.

He has great energy, but he needs to control it.
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:01:55 pm »

He needs to play to figure things out. His confidence is getting lower and lower.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
sjboy
Star

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 02:49:16 pm »

He needs to play to figure things out. His confidence is getting lower and lower.

Just had another double double last night.

I dunno its a tough call,.... I want to agree with you, but watching him I can see why Nelson has him on a short leash.  Dont want to release them into the wild too soon.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:05:00 pm »

Don Nelson just doesn't play him, he has the skill level to start for the team even. He's very verstaile, can paly SF and PF naturally but with NEllie ball he can play Center as well. With Wright out the year, and Buike' out the season as well he should get extended minutes. I see him playing a lot of SF/PF, Morrow and Bell will get minutes at SG (Morrow will paly SF as well) and have Ellis play PG and SG. This gives plenty of playing time for Randolph at SF, Mikki Moore won't take minutes away from him, and Beidrins is a pure Center for the team. Turiaf should start to get limited minutes at PF and play more Center now too.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
HoopWizard
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 12:53:58 pm »

I don't think there is anyone here would say that the Warriors are a playoff team this year, so why not play Randolph 35 minutes a game?  Who cares if they get blown out.  The big picture is getting Randolph some experience and getting him ready for next season to really contribute.  Young players will make mistakes.  Lets not forget the kid is 20 years old with worlds of potential   The problem is Nellie isn't coaching for this team's future. He's coaching to get himself into the record books and can give a rat's booty what happens after the season is over. 
kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 02:47:55 pm »

I don't think there is anyone here would say that the Warriors are a playoff team this year, so why not play Randolph 35 minutes a game?  Who cares if they get blown out.  The big picture is getting Randolph some experience and getting him ready for next season to really contribute.  Young players will make mistakes.  Lets not forget the kid is 20 years old with worlds of potential   The problem is Nellie isn't coaching for this team's future. He's coaching to get himself into the record books and can give a rat's booty what happens after the season is over. 

EXACTLY.

sjboy
Star

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 09:55:06 pm »

EXACTLY.

You guys and I must not be watching the same game, holy lord this guy still has alot of growing up to do.  I hear what you're saying about not making the playoffs this year, but the thing is... its that bad. 

He will take the ball and pull up a 19 foot shot, and brick it, or turn it over in the most inconvenient time, etc..

He needs more practice, and people need to stop telling him how great he is, because he just isn't.  Thats one of the toughest things for a coach to deal now a days, people just see potential and just crown someone before they ever do anything, and makes the coaches job insane, because he is telling this person one thing, and all the fans/media are telling him another.

Long story short, he needs to earn more minutes, and do his job when he is in there, which he does for the most part, but he still does a lot of 20 yr old things, committs STUPID fouls, and turns over the ball.

Still early in the season though
kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:30 am »

EXACTLY.

You guys and I must not be watching the same game, holy lord this guy still has alot of growing up to do.  I hear what you're saying about not making the playoffs this year, but the thing is... its that bad. 

He will take the ball and pull up a 19 foot shot, and brick it, or turn it over in the most inconvenient time, etc..

He needs more practice, and people need to stop telling him how great he is, because he just isn't.  Thats one of the toughest things for a coach to deal now a days, people just see potential and just crown someone before they ever do anything, and makes the coaches job insane, because he is telling this person one thing, and all the fans/media are telling him another.

Long story short, he needs to earn more minutes, and do his job when he is in there, which he does for the most part, but he still does a lot of 20 yr old things, committs STUPID fouls, and turns over the ball.

Still early in the season though

Yeah, but how's he going to learn sitting on the bench? Good game last night, 11/9 on 4-7 shooting.

We all know what he really needs is a real coach. I swear players don't develop under Nelson.

B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 03:25:02 am »

What a moot point now given his injury, but his minutes were kind of dependent on how he practiced.

kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 04:25:04 pm »

Yeah, him being out this season really hurts his development.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: