Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Andre Dawson elected to HOF  (Read 2395 times)
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 02:06:23 pm »

I always agreed with Simmons' take on the Baseball Hall of Fame.  It's a museum for the history of baseball and whether we like it or not PEDs are/were apart of baseball history, therefore shouldn't be shunned (for instance, while maybe not on the same level, *** Perry is renowned for doctoring his pitches and even touts the fact that he wasn't thrown out of game despite it's obviousness for 21 years).  There are already "cheaters" in the Hall of Fame and unless they feel the need to not allow and entire era of players into the Hall of Fame (how exactly can they be sure who did and didn't use), they should start inducting the players that have the numbers and accomplishments (given their era) in.  With that said, I still think McGwire is borderline.

On a side note, while I feel that Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame, I also feel that he's been a big enough jerkass about the whole thing that he shouldn't be inducted in until after he's dead.

Also, on Robbie Alomar, if their holding the spitting incident against him, why the hell is Ty Cobb in the Hall of Fame?  He's the best second basemen of the last 50 years (give or take).  There are so many things wrong with the voters, whether it being the ones who think every player needs to be on a moral high ground (again, Ty Cobb) or that certain voters don't believe any player should get in on his first try, the whole group needs to be cleaned up.

They censer the name of G.A.Y.L.O.R.D. Perry, but then you call Pete Rose a jerkass, and it's up there for everybody to read. Somebody really needs to tweak the requirements for what gets censored and what doesn't. ha
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 04:14:26 am »

I wanna throw in a little side note, the amount of people complaining about Dawson getting in (not necessarily here, but just all around blogs and other internet boards) really shows how jaded we are from the steroid era. 15 years ago he's a no doubter, much earlier than 9th ballot hall of famer.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: