Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF: Why Did We Trade Away Budinger?  (Read 2900 times)
bmoss12
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« on: January 14, 2010, 03:40:07 pm »

This guy has a great talent at his position. We drafted him in the 2nd Round and sent him off to Houston, not sure why Joe made this move as he has helped Houston out tremendously. I like this guy better the Jerebko.

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/11/detroit_pistons_draft_pick_cha.html

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:05:09 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged

BMOSS BABY!!!
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:35:12 pm »

This guy has a great talent at his position. We drafted him in the 2nd Round and sent him off to Houston, not sure why Joe made this move as he has helped Houston out tremendously. I like this guy better the Jerebko.

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/11/detroit_pistons_draft_pick_cha.html

thats a stretch but yeah man i agree. He lit up the summer league and is looking great off Houstons bench. At one point Bud was going to be a top 10 pick. Imagine if we kept him and took Blair and Lawson over Daye and Summers. Pheeeeeeew

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 07:19:31 am »

right from The pistons editior

After the Pistons had already selected Austin Daye in the first round and two players in the second round – DaJuan Summers and Jonas Jerebko – the Pistons believed would go in the first round, they knew they had three players worth of occupying roster spots for the 2009-10 season. They thought, at that point, they wouldn’t have room for another rookie draft choice. Had they exercised the pick, it would have been on a player who would have agreed to play in Europe for at least one season. Before making their pick, Houston called and offered cash and a future second-rounder for the No. 44 pick. The Pistons agreed to those terms. But because of rules governing the draft, the Pistons had to make the pick for Houston. So Houston instructed the Pistons to draft Budinger and they complied. The Pistons only drafted Budinger in the most technical sense. They did it at Houston’s bidding.

we never intended on drafting buddinger at all, or another player for that matter.
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 07:49:29 pm »

regardless of the article writer saying "Detroit never intended to draft Budinger", they point is that they DID and they shipped him out.

Joe D completely bombed this years draft. considering how many impact players he passed on when he was looking to make an "impact" in the offseason. imagine how much better we would feel if he used that #15 pick on Ty Lawson, and their first 2nd round pick on DeJuan Blair! we would have zero need for Ben Gordon, Stuckey, or Villanueva. then throw Budinger and Joe D would look like a psychic!

another classic Detroit case woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 08:10:09 am »

regardless of the article writer saying "Detroit never intended to draft Budinger", they point is that they DID and they shipped him out.

Joe D completely bombed this years draft. considering how many impact players he passed on when he was looking to make an "impact" in the offseason. imagine how much better we would feel if he used that #15 pick on Ty Lawson, and their first 2nd round pick on DeJuan Blair! we would have zero need for Ben Gordon, Stuckey, or Villanueva. then throw Budinger and Joe D would look like a psychic!

another classic Detroit case woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I actually liked this year's draft, we got some good guys in Daye and Jerebko i havent seen enough of summers.  Daye is a project and jerebko is more nba ready.  Assuming you watched the pistons game last night daye scored 12 points and 14 mins, thats good.  Alot of teams wish they didn't passed of blair and lawson, and jennings so dont pretend like it was only Joe D that passed on them.  i know that you said joe D needed that "impact" player, but my question is, When you play more then 8 mins in a game, dont you make a "impact".  also jerebko>buddinger, buddinger don't play defense and he is really streaky.  He don't hustle, rebound, or be gritty.  all he do is make streaky shots sorta like jr smith.  If anything i wish we 'd drafted omar casspi, but thats just me.   
All in All Joe D made a solid draft and some solid free agent signings, now next off-season is where we focus on our pg and c hopefully we win the lottery and get wall, but if we dont do that we should snab aldrich, then sign raymond felton for the M.l.e and we have fixed our pg and C issues.
bmoss12
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 10:33:48 am »

If Joe D bombs this season and they get Wall I will forgive all. Maybe even Favors

BMOSS BABY!!!
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 02:55:39 pm »

If Joe D bombs this season and they get Wall I will forgive all. Maybe even Favors

agreed. I would have a "it was all worth it" feeling. now if only the would condemn Stuckey to the D-League....
bmoss12
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 09:29:03 am »

agreed. I would have a "it was all worth it" feeling. now if only the would condemn Stuckey to the D-League....

Alot of people were excited when they drafted him I was like RUDY FERNANDEZ!!! ahh well either we have really bad scouts or Dumars just looks at Mock Drafts and says well that seems right.

BMOSS BABY!!!
Da Jacka
a.k.a. L3GiT & Smil3y Face
Star

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 10:11:21 am »

thats all we needed was budinger and then we would have the ugliest *** team in the league... ginger and the hairless mole rat, fake *** 50 and a shittier 2nd coming of the round mound of rebound..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: