Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: popovich wants a change with the nbdl rules  (Read 972 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: January 18, 2010, 03:58:21 am »

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich would like to see the NBA loosen some of their rules regarding the Development League.

The NBA's collective bargaining agreement states that players are no longer eligible for the NBDL two years after signing an NBA contract.

San Antonio would like to send third-year center Ian Mahinmi down to Austin, but they can't.

Popovich said Saturday that he would like to see the rule changed, perhaps to award an injury waiver to young players such as Mahinmi who lose a full season to factors beyond their control.

"I don't see any downside for a player to be able to go play," Popovich said. "It just seems to be a good thing. This is a real good start, what we've done (with the D-League). Perhaps we can refine it a little more now moving forward."

Via San Antonio Express-News

i guess theres no chice but to play ian mahinmi and let him grow playing in the nba

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 02:10:35 pm »

My thoughts exactly.

But, this gives me hope that he will be forced into playing Hairston next year.  I think he will be a good addition to the rotation next year.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: