Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: How would you grade LeBron's performance in Game 5?
B - 14 (31.8%)
C - 22 (50%)
D - 8 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Attempt At A Realistic Poll on LeBron's Performance in Game 5  (Read 10569 times)
BteamBomber
MVP

Respect: +8

« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2011, 12:21:17 AM »

Nope, I have him a B.
Is that before or after you eliminated A as an option (after about 40 people had voted)

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »

Nope, I have him a B.
Is that before or after you eliminated A as an option (after about 40 people had voted)

Before.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2011, 12:24:46 AM »

78% gave him a C or higher so it's pretty safe to say that most people don't agree with you.

This is spin.  My god, Duck, Fox News couldn't have done it better.  

No, it's not.  You said that anything which is not an A is an F.

I just pointed out that most people did not agree with you, citing the fact that most people did not give Lebron the lowest grade available.

How is that "spin"?

Seriously, Jeremy created this poll because he thought he could prove a point that Lebron has been just excellent throughout the finals, and he assumed that people would come in droves to agree with his assertion that it hasn't been LBJ's fault that they are down 3-2 right now.  But when everyone disagrees with him (not ONE A other than him I assume), suddenly he moves the goal posts.

Nah, that didn't happen.  I think it's pretty clear on Hoophype right now that most people would not agree that Lebron has been excellent through the Finals.  There isn't a single person who is saying that, so I have no idea why you would think that Jeremy would create a poll assuming everybody would suddenly think so.

And he removed the "A" option.  Do you believe that anyone seriously wanted to give Lebron an "A"?  if not, how does that matter?  I know, I know, it somehow skews the results because nobody actually understands letter grades.

Before the "A" was gone, I thought this poll indicated that most people thought Lebron's play is average or slightly below average.  Now that the "A" option is gone I think the poll indicates that Lebron's play is average or slightly below average.  Nothing's really changed.

Lebron James is NOT Luol Deng, and therefore, his "C" is an "F" any way you try and slice it.  

...to you.  

And that's because you're adding in stuff that really wasn't included in the poll, nor was it intended to be included.  And you're doing it to justify your "anything that isn't an A is an F" by trying to change it into something that other people will agree with.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +355

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2011, 01:35:53 AM »

Since when is B "satisfactory"?
Yea, it's pretty damn unsatisfactory.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2011, 05:55:22 AM »

Huh

Soon....
DeronWilliams
MVP

Respect: +1080

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2011, 08:33:29 AM »

Huh

He's asian.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2011, 09:07:10 AM »

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Soon....
BeardsNotBombs
All-Star

Respect: +725

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2011, 10:00:43 AM »

B.

"When MWP retires, he should make a rank of MWP fouls on the NBA like the Horry clutch shots.

I will give this 4 Mettas."

-xlucasx
BteamBomber
MVP

Respect: +8

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »

78% gave him a C or higher so it's pretty safe to say that most people don't agree with you.

I just pointed out that most people did not agree with you, citing the fact that most people did not give Lebron the lowest grade available.

How is that "spin"?

Seriously, Jeremy created this poll because he thought he could prove a point that Lebron has been just excellent throughout the finals, and he assumed that people would come in droves to agree with his assertion that it hasn't been LBJ's fault that they are down 3-2 right now.  But when everyone disagrees with him (not ONE A other than him I assume), suddenly he moves the goal posts.

Nah, that didn't happen.  I think it's pretty clear on Hoophype right now that most people would not agree that Lebron has been excellent through the Finals.  There isn't a single person who is saying that, so I have no idea why you would think that Jeremy would create a poll assuming everybody would suddenly think so.

And he removed the "A" option.  Do you believe that anyone seriously wanted to give Lebron an "A"?  if not, how does that matter?  I know, I know, it somehow skews the results because nobody actually understands letter grades.

Before the "A" was gone, I thought this poll indicated that most people thought Lebron's play is average or slightly below average.  Now that the "A" option is gone I think the poll indicates that Lebron's play is average or slightly below average.  Nothing's really changed.

Lebron James is NOT Luol Deng, and therefore, his "C" is an "F" any way you try and slice it.  

...to you.  

And that's because you're adding in stuff that really wasn't included in the poll, nor was it intended to be included.  And you're doing it to justify your "anything that isn't an A is an F" by trying to change it into something that other people will agree with.
If you want to pour back through the Finals thread, you can find where Jeremy, even after game 5, stated that Lebron was playing excellent ball.  I'm not going to waste my time finding it myself, but he's said it over and over again throughout.  I wouldnt' be here challenging his stupid assertions had he not. 

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »

LeBron James is so great that he can have a triple double and 25% of fans don't even think he deserved a C.

As I mentioned in the other thread, those are probably Bulls and Celtics fans

I don't know to many Celtic fans who bother to dislike Lebron or the Heat this is not Kobe & the Lakers .
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2011, 11:16:05 AM »

If you want to pour back through the Finals thread, you can find where Jeremy, even after game 5, stated that Lebron was playing excellent ball.  I'm not going to waste my time finding it myself, but he's said it over and over again throughout.  I wouldnt' be here challenging his stupid assertions had he not. 

So...because he said it once in one thread at an undetermined time, you think that he thought everybody else here who has been putting Lebron on blast consistently was going to suddenly change their minds and say he was doing an excellent job?  You've backed yourself into a corner and that's causing you to say things that obviously don't make sense even to you.

And what about the rest of the post?  I'd really like you to explain exactly what I was "spinning" since you have thrown out that accusation over and over again.

Just admit that this was an overreaction on your part.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »

How is that "spin"?

...to you.  

No, I never actually said that. Good try though. If you're so sure that I said it, I challenge you to quote that post.

chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »

LMFAO
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Jump to: