Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monta Ellis trade possibility?  (Read 9195 times)
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 02:54:23 PM »

I was hoping this thread would last 30-40 pages because I already love it so much, but the battle is already so one-sided, I can't see how it goes on.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

Respect: +26

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »

Ellis is getting a bad rap as he is a pretty decent team player and a much better scorer than people give him credit for. He is GS best player by far and a trade for anything other than a 4 or 5 does not make sense (granted GS would have to add depending on who it is). Trading for Deng just doesn't work for GS. Wright just had a breakout season.

Breakout season?  Wright had a breakout season as a proven role player, nothing more.  As for Ellis, he's not exactly very efficient, not a true point guard and needs the ball in his hands to be really effective.  You could say, in some sense, that he's a poor man's Derrick Rose.  I just don't see the two of them fitting together.

You don't know what efficiency means

That comment proves that you don't...at all.  Pretty much fail there.

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »

Ellis is getting a bad rap as he is a pretty decent team player and a much better scorer than people give him credit for. He is GS best player by far and a trade for anything other than a 4 or 5 does not make sense (granted GS would have to add depending on who it is). Trading for Deng just doesn't work for GS. Wright just had a breakout season.

Breakout season?  Wright had a breakout season as a proven role player, nothing more.

Statistically he was almost identical to Luol Deng.
Hmm.  42% from the field versus 46%.  Defensive rating of 111 versus 102.  Yeah, identical chief.  Why, they are completely interchangeable.  Once again, Duck using the stat test to prove that two players are identical.  But I bet if I state that Deng and Pierce are the same because they are almost statistically identical (18, 5 and 3 and 17, 5 and 3) then you'll throw intangibles at me and tell me that stats dont' matter, right?

Yeah, Bteam, I don't know if this is just the usual baiting on duck's part or just stupidity.  Then again, he's the same guy that for the majority of the season was trying to convince everyone that Wilson Chandler is a much better player than Luol Deng.  So yeah...there's that.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »

Breakout season?  Wright had a breakout season as a proven role player, nothing more.

Hmm.  42% from the field versus 46%.  Defensive rating of 111 versus 102.  Yeah, identical chief.  Why, they are completely interchangeable.  Once again, Duck using the stat test to prove that two players are identical.  But I bet if I state that Deng and Pierce are the same because they are almost statistically identical (18, 5 and 3 and 17, 5 and 3) then you'll throw intangibles at me and tell me that stats dont' matter, right?

Yeah, Bteam, I don't know if this is just the usual baiting on duck's part or just stupidity.  Then again, he's the same guy that for the majority of the season was trying to convince everyone that Wilson Chandler is a much better player than Luol Deng.  So yeah...there's that.
Well, Much better may be a reach, I think we can all settle with just being labelled as a better player. Yay, compromise.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2011, 05:30:32 PM »

Well, Much better may be a reach, I think we can all settle with just being labelled as a better player. Yay, compromise.

Funny man!  But no.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »

I never said "much better"(in fact, all I said was that I would take Chandler at that time based on his play in the season so far, when there was 3 point gap in their PERs and Chandler was scoring more efficiently than Deng), and I'm glad you brought that thread up because it's the one where YOU said that Taj Gibson is a better offensive player than Raymond Felton and used "he(Felton) is a perimeter oriented player with limited inside game" to justify saying so.  I think that was the moment that you decided to go full retard.

But this is typical for you, responding to a post that is based on hard facts by trying to dodge the issue.  Were Deng and Wright not similar statistically last year?  Please explain why they were not or shut the *** up and stop trolling.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »

I never said "much better"(in fact, all I said was that I would take Chandler at that time based on his play in the season so far, when there was 3 point gap in their PERs and Chandler was scoring more efficiently than Deng), and I'm glad you brought that thread up because it's the one where YOU said that Taj Gibson is a better offensive player than Raymond Felton and used "he(Felton) is a perimeter oriented player with limited inside game" to justify saying so.  I think that was the moment that you decided to go full retard.

Tropic Thunder - Full Retard - in Typography

B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »

Got to love how people throw stupid shiiit up and then defend it for pages on end...

Depressed Clown
MVP

Counterpoint/trolling

Respect: +1436

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 02:09:46 AM »

As for Ellis, he's not exactly very efficienthe's a poor man's Derrick Rose.

You don't know what efficiency means

That comment proves that you don't...at all.  Pretty much fail there.

Ellis career ts% = 54
Rose career ts% = 54

And he's a shooting guard.

As a further comparison, Bryant's career ts% is 55, Wade's is 57, Jason Richardson's is 53.

Worth noting that he plays more minutes per game than any of his contemporaries.

So perhaps it's you who fails, given that you were wrong, and all.

[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »

chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

But... BUT!

I thought he was the founder of Naughty Dog!!!
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2011, 03:12:19 PM »

OH NO!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

RIP Madawg
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »