Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a trade idea that involves maggette  (Read 1793 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: January 23, 2010, 10:00:01 am »

spurs send:
bonner
finley
mason

warriors send:
maggette
wright

dont worry about maggette's behavior. he has been quite an angel as of late and he gives us another athletic swingman who can score. golden state, well, they get cap relief plus they still could re-sign mason. wright could be a good project for pop. imagine this lineup at the end of games...duncan, jefferson, maggette, ginobili, parker. looks quick and athletic aint it? theres no more problem about weakest links who cant create their own shot.

plus if we could sign marcus camby to a veterans minimum or mid-level this summer. the lineup would be...camby duncan jefferson maggette parker. with ginobili and george hill and blair getting experience, we should be the deepest team in the league. with no weaknesses. we wont suffer what portland is susffering cause we have a cast of vets that are unselfish

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:00:35 pm »

Might make sense if they hadn't traded for Richard Jefferson this offseason. And I really don't think Maggette would do too well at SG.

Sig by bbyao06
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 11:26:22 am »

spurs send:
bonner
finley
mason

warriors send:
maggette
wright

dont worry about maggette's behavior. he has been quite an angel as of late and he gives us another athletic swingman who can score. golden state, well, they get cap relief plus they still could re-sign mason. wright could be a good project for pop. imagine this lineup at the end of games...duncan, jefferson, maggette, ginobili, parker. looks quick and athletic aint it? theres no more problem about weakest links who cant create their own shot.

plus if we could sign marcus camby to a veterans minimum or mid-level this summer. the lineup would be...camby duncan jefferson maggette parker. with ginobili and george hill and blair getting experience, we should be the deepest team in the league. with no weaknesses. we wont suffer what portland is susffering cause we have a cast of vets that are unselfish

Hate to say it man, possibly one of the worst trade suggestions.  The spurs need a big Center.  They need marcus camby, and i bet they will be doing everything possible to trade for him come the deadline,  Matt Bonner, Roger Mason JR and a 1st or Matt Bonner,Michael Finley and a 1st

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:42 am »

For this year, I don't think this helps a lot.  The problem with the Spurs isn't their ability to score the ball, its not being able to stop other teams from scoring.  Neither Maggette or Wright helps them defend this year.  I would look at Wright being the prize in the trade and not Maggette, because Wright could still turn into a pretty good player if he could ever stay healthy.  And I don't think Maggette's contract is one that many teams will want to add because it is such a longer term commitment to a one dimensional player.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:47:40 am »

ok...

still no love for maggette anywhere huh?

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 07:40:53 pm »

Might make sense if they hadn't traded for Richard Jefferson this offseason. And I really don't think Maggette would do too well at SG.

Like Zander said, not now.

I liked the idea of adding him when he was a free agent when we didn't have Jefferson, and they were talking about potentially signing him to the full MLE.  Now, the Spurs have someone better and with Maggette's current contract I'm not as high on him.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: