Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How good could Minnesota be...  (Read 3576 times)
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« on: December 18, 2009, 11:45:22 pm »

With some competent wing players? Corey Brewer is the most inconsistent player in the league, but even he manages to go off for big games every once in a while. What happens if they get a player that could do that a little more often?

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 08:16:40 am »

WIth a potent scorer at SG/SF and the team understanding the triangle better I guess with the current core we could be a .500 team in the West. But after that we're still some defense in the post away from contending though.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 08:35:21 am »

Not that he's the answer at all, or the type of player you want to add to a struggling team, but would you guys consider dealing for Maggette? Don't know what the cap situation is for Minny, but at worst he's some scoring punch for a team seriously lacking a player than can create his own shot.

Soon....
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 10:45:53 am »

We definately need a scorer and shouldn;t be concerned by ball-hogging since we need the shots to fall anyway. Maggette has a bad deal IMO and if we are to waste our enormous cap space next season I'd rather he wasn't the major pickup. He's also mroe of a slasher... we need a shooter in the Ray Allen vein.

Kevin Martin. He WILL get traded since Tyreke is proving him (and his deal) redundant with Donte Greene, Casspi and Thompson occupying the other swingman spots. I hope we snag him.

Ramon Sessions and Mark Blount (expiring 9 million) plus maybe a 1st rd pick (we own 3) for K-Mart? Ideally I'd give them Flynn to pair up with Evans and start Sessions in Minny... but I know the organization wants Flynn to be the starter.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 02:26:25 pm »

I'm going to start off not being on topic: Ramon Sessions refuses to shoot. Anyone else notice that?

Seriously though; Wilkens, Brewer, Ellington, Pavlovic. Any team could be better with better wings than that. I won't say .500 yet because of the defense and youth, however.

RIP Madawg
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 03:01:25 pm »

Brewer would be better coming off the bench, he's a solid perimeter defender but he lacks the scoring that they need in the starting lineup (Especially on the wings). He needs work on his jumpshots, and I like him as a 6th man instead. With what the Wolves have right now, starting Sessions at SG might not be a bad idea. He can score and playmake and would be a good fit alongside Flynn imo. Downside is they're already pretty small with Jefferson-Love frontcourt.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 04:08:36 pm »

Weird, great wing play from Brewer and Ellington means victory again.

RIP Madawg
French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:59 am »

The Wolves have a good core: Love, Flynn and Big Al (even if his season is not as good as last year). For sure, they will have a lot of money this summer, but do you really believe that a big free agent like Wade, Bosh or Amare will sign for the Wolves? Who is the last big free agent signing for the Wolves? Sessions? He signed with this team because no team wanted to give him so much money. So cap space is useless for the Wolves (or they could use this money for a trade exception). To improve, I think the wolves need to do good choice during the draft (not like last year) and trade one of their core player (probably Jefferson or Love) for  someone who brings some hope in Minnie.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 11:45:31 am »

The Wolves were never even considering one of the four most coveted 2010 players ('Bron, Wade, Amare, Bosh). Those guys already have what the would get here - lots of money in a medium market. If they even change teams, it's going to be for a top-5 sports market like NYC, Chicago, NJ.

We could lure a solid player (top 25 all-NBA) but we'd have to overpay. I'd rather the space is used in trades with teams looking to cut payroll (hence giving us better deals).
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 05:59:54 pm »

The Wolves have a good core: Love, Flynn and Big Al (even if his season is not as good as last year). For sure, they will have a lot of money this summer, but do you really believe that a big free agent like Wade, Bosh or Amare will sign for the Wolves? Who is the last big free agent signing for the Wolves? Sessions? He signed with this team because no team wanted to give him so much money. So cap space is useless for the Wolves (or they could use this money for a trade exception). To improve, I think the wolves need to do good choice during the draft (not like last year) and trade one of their core player (probably Jefferson or Love) for  someone who brings some hope in Minnie.
This is dangerously close to trolling. Just letting you know.

We could probably lure someone if they threw enough money at them but I agree the money could be better spent. Building through the draft is a much better idea and with the team's assets and Kahn it wouldn't be surprising if the team was able to move up once again into the high to mid lottery. Then sign Nikola Pekovic and fill out the roster with whatever veterans feel like coming and let the team roll.

Mike005
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 08:57:28 am »

Does this assume they'll ever be able to stop anyone defensively?

Mike
Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +18

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 09:14:19 am »

We could probably lure someone if they threw enough money at them but I agree the money could be better spent. Building through the draft is a much better idea and with the team's assets and Kahn it wouldn't be surprising if the team was able to move up once again into the high to mid lottery. Then sign Nikola Pekovic and fill out the roster with whatever veterans feel like coming and let the team roll.
Are you sure this is trolling, he pointed out a good point about your team (that they have a very strong core) which i totally agree with.

He was correct that you aren't the largest market team in the league, and you haven't seemed to lure a huge free agent really....Sure that could change but based on history doesn't look likeit. I think his post was innocent and shouldn't be classified as trolling.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 09:50:37 am »

Are you sure this is trolling, he pointed out a good point about your team (that they have a very strong core) which i totally agree with.

He was correct that you aren't the largest market team in the league, and you haven't seemed to lure a huge free agent really....Sure that could change but based on history doesn't look likeit. I think his post was innocent and shouldn't be classified as trolling.
Pssst, check the response dates.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 05:02:04 am »

When put in context with some other posts he's made on this forum it's clear all he does is come here to try and bash the Wolves. Besides like I said it's only close to trolling.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: