Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting 5  (Read 15466 times)
ruelzsantana
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2006, 08:19:16 pm »

Quote from: "Josh"
uhm, poor defense?  do you maybe mean offense?

well haven't u seen most of there later games in the season including there defeat to miami they played alot of "catch-up" they had to b-cuz of poor early game defense they have the offense they jus need a starting 5 that'll play good D y do u think Gordon always come of the bench he's instant offense but little defense

BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2006, 08:42:55 pm »

Quote from: "ruelzsantana"
Quote from: "Josh"
uhm, poor defense?  do you maybe mean offense?

well haven't u seen most of there later games in the season including there defeat to miami they played alot of "catch-up" they had to b-cuz of poor early game defense they have the offense they jus need a starting 5 that'll play good D y do u think Gordon always come of the bench he's instant offense but little defense

And that was all one sentence.
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2006, 09:10:19 pm »

as a team, the bulls play pretty great defense.  if they were an average, or, dare I say it, above average offensive team, they would be title contenders.
cucumberjones
Benchwarmer

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2006, 02:40:42 am »

Quote from: "steve"
Skiles' offense last year was based on spreading the floor out and you can do that better with Nocioni than you can with Brown.  You're still not going to have much offense in the post with Brown or Wallace so why play them both at the same time when you can have more scoring options on the floor.  Nocioni also doesn't give up much on the defensive end and is actually quite good at guarding 4s.  And if anyone decides to point out that "Brown is a power forward, he doesn't play center", I suggest you look at where he played most of his minutes for the Hornets last season (who was also a team that in the East probably would've made the playoffs over the Bulls).

I never said Brown is a power forward and doesn't play center. I know he can play center, especially for a Hornets team who didn't ever really have a true center last year. Not to mention they needed to keep David West on the floor as the same time as Brown.

I think PJ would do better starting alongside Ben and either Deng OR Nocioni than he would coming off the bench. And he is actually quite a talented offensive player, and more experienced than Nocioni is.
sunnyks14
Undrafted

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2006, 04:06:16 pm »

Quote from: "3sixD"
Quote from: "sunnyks14"
From what I have read, the Bulls are planning on going with this lineup:

STARTING LINEUP:

PG - Hinrich
SG - Gordon
SF - Deng
PF - Brown
C - Wallace

BENCH

Nocioni
Sefalosha
Griffin
Thomas
Sweetney
Allen
Khryapa

da *****, you havent even got Duhon in there....

calm the *** down.....i just didn't remember to throw him in with the bench guys.
3sixD
Benchwarmer

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 03:59:24 pm »

who's not calm, just random not to throw Duhon in there.

todaloop
Starter

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 05:59:25 pm »

I think the starting five will evolve as the season progresses.  We have two rookies that have to learn the NBA game and we have several new players that have to get used to the Skiles's system.

Skiles strategy seems to be to put the team on the floor that works the hardest in practice, matches up most favorably with the opposition, and makes the most sense at the time.

He will not stand for ego over teamwork and is not afraid to sit someone down who isn't performing.

This bus goes beep, beep
lungi101
Journeyman

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2006, 03:47:33 am »

Quote from: "cucumberjones"
Quote from: "steve"
Skiles' offense last year was based on spreading the floor out and you can do that better with Nocioni than you can with Brown.  You're still not going to have much offense in the post with Brown or Wallace so why play them both at the same time when you can have more scoring options on the floor.  Nocioni also doesn't give up much on the defensive end and is actually quite good at guarding 4s.  And if anyone decides to point out that "Brown is a power forward, he doesn't play center", I suggest you look at where he played most of his minutes for the Hornets last season (who was also a team that in the East probably would've made the playoffs over the Bulls).

I never said Brown is a power forward and doesn't play center. I know he can play center, especially for a Hornets team who didn't ever really have a true center last year. Not to mention they needed to keep David West on the floor as the same time as Brown.

I think PJ would do better starting alongside Ben and either Deng OR Nocioni than he would coming off the bench. And he is actually quite a talented offensive player, and more experienced than Nocioni is.

Regardless of whether brown starts or not, I dont think he should be played any more than 20 minutes a game. This could keep him fresh for the playoffs. But I would still prefer to start Noch. He is the heart and soul of this team. The type of menacing defence that Noch plays, just cant be matched by a player of Brown's age.
Shaq Daddy
Undrafted

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006, 04:38:07 am »

I'd go with this lineup come playoff time:

C Ben Wallace
F PJ Brown
F Nocioni
G Gordon
G Hinrich

Experience in Ben and PJ and young guns in Kirk, ben and Nocioni..Plus Luol Deng from the bench Cheesy

TheWhiteGuy
Journeyman

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2006, 03:14:40 pm »

Starters
PG:Kirk Hinrich
SG:Ben Gordon
SF:Luol Deng
PF:PJ Brown
 C:Ben Wallace

But i can see a line up like this(just not starting)
PG:Chris Duhon
SG:Adrian Griffin
SF:Noch
PF:Micheal Sweetney
 C:Eddie Griffin

LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2006, 09:12:40 pm »

G - Hinrich
G - Gordon
F - Nocioni
F - Sweetney
F - Wallace
swodaem
Undrafted

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2006, 08:19:54 am »

all of your problems would be fixed...except... Tyrus Thomas thinks he's a 3....and we already have 2 3's who are good enough to start.  if Thomas plays the 4 then we have a good combination.  PJ Brown aint that bad, but I think he's mostly there for experience and locker room support..kind of like a HUGE cheerleader...he also has a developed post game...something no one else on the bulls have.  why the *** did we spend so much freaking money on ben wallace?
gregorius
Undrafted

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2006, 08:27:23 am »

Wallace
Sweets
Deng
Gordon
Hinrich

When Deng comes out Noc comes in at the 3, Brown enters for Sweets also.

When Lu re-enters Noc stays in and slides over to the 4.

kwolffsc
Starter

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2006, 07:55:10 pm »

PG Kirk Hinrich- One of the best point guards in the league.
SG- Ben Gordon- Great SG and score in bunches
SF Luol Deng- Very smart, can pass and score.
PF P.J. Brown- Mature older exp. player. Can he still bang?
C Ben Wallace- Big Ben wow! Good signing guys but can he improve?

Bench
Chris Duhon is a above-average PG backup and could even be a starter. Howard Eisley bring that maturity to locker room, along with P.J. Brown. Adrian Griffin is a great defender and helps the depth of this team. I like Thabo Sefolosha. This kid is great and I see great potential. Viktor Khyrapa effect has not been seen yet. Maybe their is a place for him on this team. Andres Nocioni and Deng will probably trade the starting spots and also depending on Brown's health, Nocioni might have to take the 4 spot. Tyrus Thomas is a beast. If you watched any of LSU's NCAA Tournament apperances' you have seen this beast. If he develops well he might take a starting role. Solid depth behind the PF spot as well. Center is an issue. Big Ben Might not be able to play 35 a night, but you never know. Excellent signing on the defensive end.

todaloop
Starter

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2006, 09:41:33 am »

Starters

Hinrich
Gordon
Deng
Nocioni
Wallace

2nd unit

Duhon