Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 straight!! Now check the schedule..& don't look now, we could make it TWELVE!!  (Read 2835 times)
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:47 pm »

So the next eight games feature lousy Indiana and the record-bad Nets twice, as well as slumping Sac-Town, Phili, aiight Memphis, and the write off Wizards..hmm looks like a win streak to me.   No way to count wins before the games are played, but if ever there was a time to reel off a bunch, this is it.  Portland/Cleveland at home would be a major feat, but everything before then looks like gravy.  Two back to backs, but against sub par competition all the way, how many are possible??
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:29:23 pm by Kenny Van Exel » Logged

DeMar DeRozan: Heading to practice.  ANOTHER DAY TO GET BETTER. Over 1 hour ago
AirForceNone
All-Star

Respect: +18

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:47:39 pm »

Are schedule is definately looking real good and we should be able to create some space between us and the other 3 teams (MIA, CHA & CHI) BUT.....I don't have in our consistency even against the crap of the league.  The Raps have a long history of getting complacent.  I still think we'll win our fair share and should be well ahead in 5th place when its all said and done but with this team nothing is a definite.

Before the season started I predicted 5th....I hope I'm right just out of sheer annoyance from posters like NP who comes through here just to crap on the Raptors and blab on how "tough" his team is.

Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:57:15 pm »

Anyway, this is our time to make a huge push and possibly overtake whoever is in fourth. But like AirForce said, Raptors can disappoint you anytime.

That dam No Pressure sure is a scrub.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
Chris151544
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 02:06:25 am »

Anyway, this is our time to make a huge push and possibly overtake whoever is in fourth. But like AirForce said, Raptors can disappoint you anytime.

I would love taht to happen, but i dont see Raps overtaking Atlanta, or Orlando actaully. But like Kevin Garnet, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

I predict that the NYK will have more lebron articles than wins.
Newt
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 03:31:13 am »

Well we can't count our eggs before they hatch.  It would be wonderful to see the boys win every one of these games but all of these games won't be as easy as they should be.  This is definitely the time we have to make some ground and I actually don't think the 4th place is out of the question, just not likely.
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 05:12:29 pm »

Fourth place would be incredible, as we'd be hosting someone like Atlanta, and in a tight series home court's everything.  That being said we haven't seen this team close out enough winnable games to go prognosticating some massive streak out of hand, and I also think before its all said BC may adjust this roster so that we wont be first round pushovers whoever we play.   

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 09:31:25 pm »

-100.  Learn when you when and when not to use the word scrub.

Anyways, 12 is definitely a stretch but you should be able to have a solid span.  As shaky as the Raptors defense is though, they can easily lose to the teams they should beat, just like any team can that is shaky on one side of the floor.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 02:21:50 pm by No Pressure » Logged

ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:51:14 pm »

-100.  Learn when you when and when not to use the word scrub.

Anyways, 12 is definitely a stretch but you should be able to have a solid span.  As shaky as the Raptors defense are though, they can easily lose to the teams they should beat, just like any team can that is shaky on one side of the floor.
THE LOCAL FOOL! WELCOME BACK!

How about you look at the raptors defensive numbers over the last 25 games please and thankyou!
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 12:28:30 am »

Anyways, 12 is definitely a stretch but you should be able to have a solid span.  As shaky as the Raptors defense are though, they can easily lose to the teams they should beat, just like any team can that is shaky on one side of the floor.

I call em like I see em. First time seein when in a 11 word sentence.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 12:17:10 pm »

How about you look at the raptors defensive numbers over the last 25 games please and thankyou!

Lol, you base defense off "defensive numbers"  If they were so great, you wouldn't be just 3 games above .500.

3pointgunner
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 12:26:58 pm »

and how great is your team?
where are they?

Thanks bballinyao06
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 12:43:28 pm »

Lol, you base defense off "defensive numbers"  If they were so great, you wouldn't be just 3 games above .500.

Sigh.. obviously our record isn't going to reflect as to how we've been playing over the last 25 games, which is what he said.. so why are you bringing up the way the team use to perform? The bulls were scum the beginning of the season so there's really no argument either way. If you honestly think the bulls are a better team right now then you clearly haven't taken in a game. Scimming box scores doesn't make you an analyst.
ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 01:00:11 pm »

Did I say all season? We were 7-13, since then we are 18-9 and our defensive rating since then has been in the top 10 in the league.
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 02:12:42 pm »

Why does one thing detract from the other?? The Bulls do look good right now.  That being said, if he thinks they've got our depth, overall firepower, or that their defense is worlds better than ours, he hasn't been watching so no use convincing him & I'd be very surprised to see them do what they did last year in a series but who knows.  As it stands in a hypothetical head to head, Raps over Bulls in six in my (most) unbiased opinion.

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 02:21:15 pm »

-100.  Learn when you when and when not to use the word scrub.

Anyways, 12 is definitely a stretch but you should be able to have a solid span.  As shaky as the Raptors defense are though, they can easily lose to the teams they should beat, just like any team can that is shaky on one side of the floor.

Lol, you base defense off "defensive numbers"  If they were so great, you wouldn't be just 3 games above .500.
Did I say all season? We were 7-13, since then we are 18-9 and our defensive rating since then has been in the top 10 in the league.

So your implying that you are now one of the better defensive teams in the league, which you aren't.  There defense has improved, sure, thats what happens when you score more points then the other team.  They still are a poor defensive team.  

Why does one thing detract from the other?? The Bulls do look good right now.  That being said, if he thinks they've got our depth, overall firepower, or that their defense is worlds better than ours, he hasn't been watching so no use convincing him & I'd be very surprised to see them do what they did last year in a series but who knows.  As it stands in a hypothetical head to head, Raps over Bulls in six in my (most) unbiased opinion.

I'm not even trying to make this a Bulls v.s Raptors thread.  My first post didn't even have the word Bulls in it, nor did i even say anything negative about the Raptors.  This forum just have a bunch of flamers that just go after certain posters, and it's pretty immature to say the least.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: