Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joe Dumars = Fail  (Read 1935 times)
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« on: February 18, 2010, 02:21:30 pm »

JOE D. WTF man? No deadline deals? I mean to even move Rip or Tay to a team and not get *** back would have been prime going into the candy shop offseason that is coming up. Couldnt get Boozer, couldnt get hickson...hell I would have been satisfied with anyone with an expiring contract.

Come on Joe. Us piston fans were counting on you and with your last 3 decisions (Billups for Iverson, BG and Charlie V, No deals), your all but proving us that you just dont have it anymore.

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 04:35:26 pm »

Joe doesnt like the deadline, teams werent looking to trade talent for talent they wanted rip hamilton for lint on a dollar.  Not a bad decision actually to me i rather keep rip then trade him for jj hickson or something liek that.
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »

Joe doesnt like the deadline, teams werent looking to trade talent for talent they wanted rip hamilton for lint on a dollar.  Not a bad decision actually to me i rather keep rip then trade him for jj hickson or something liek that.

Hickson would have been more than i thought we'd get for him. We need to clear up cap space to sign some sort of post player. I'd have taken the lint off the dollar, bought the dollar out and sent rip and the dollar lol

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 09:20:01 am »

it's easy to hate Joe D for his lack of activity. but, it takes two to tango and I have more doubts that any team wanted all of Detroit's bad contracts than Joe D simply didn't do anything. he's always been active in trade talks, but usually he asks too much in return.

you can blame him for committing an insane amount of money to Gordon & Villanueva. you can blame him for giving away Billups. but you can't blame him for his inactivity at this trade deadline. Rip, Tay, Gordon and Villi have been injured for the majority of the season. why would anyone want them for years to come when they haven't even seen them healthy since October?

I wish Joe gave these guys away for pocket lint and maybe a couple young guys with potential (like Hickson). right now Detroit are in the gray area of bad. they're winning enough games to dramatically decrease their chances of having a high lottery pick, but aren't anywhere near good enough to be thinking about the playoffs. they're basically where the Pacers have been the last 3 years. which is nowhere.
eSGee
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 01:02:44 am »

Yeah at this point I kind of just want to see them tank to have a better chance of a high draft pick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: