Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: So Miami wants Bosh...  (Read 17315 times)
Jack Dempsey
Star

« on: February 04, 2010, 03:02:06 pm »

and since you don't get Chris Bosh for scrubs...

Bosh, Turkoglu, Calderon for O'Neal, Beasley, Jones, 1st rounder '10

why for TOR? they don't have to fear to lose bosh for nothing. they're getting a young prospect and a pick in return. also, they get rid of two bad contracts.

why for MIA? they get a superstar next to wade and don't have to bid against NY and NJ in the offseason. they will only have to extend them. also, they get hedo and calderon who have bad contracts but should look fine in miami uniform. losing beasley hurts but that's the price you have to pay for chris bosh.

projected lineups:

Toronto: Jack/DeRozan/Wright/Beasley/Bargnani

Miami: Calderon/Wade/Turkoglu/Bosh/Anthony
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:26:00 pm by Jack Dempsey » Logged
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:28:31 pm »

Why would Miami do this when they can just wait until Bosh expires and sign him this summer?  They're going to be way under the cap, and could add his max contract easy this offseason.
3KingsofMIAMI
a.k.a. Incandescentbasketball
All-Star

Dynasty:Wade, Lebron, Bosh

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 03:29:43 pm »

if bosh and wade signed max contracts immediately after the trade happened absolutely.

the heat get a bonafide -1-2-3 punch in Wade/hedo/Bosh a pg who can hit free throw and handle the rock i like it then resign j.o in the offseason for 5 mill or so

Sigs by BBYAO
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 03:35:51 pm »

Yeah, except Hedo is overpaid and on the downslope, and Miami would rather keep Beasley than get him. 

If Miami wanted to trade for Hedo (and they don't), then they'd do that.  But they won't give up picks, Beasley, or take on Calderon's salary for a guy (Bosh) they can sign as a FA in three months.

It makes no sense for Miami to mortgage their future or take on salary unless they really think they have a shot to win this season.  And they don't.  They say "no".
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 03:48:50 pm »

sure they could sign bosh i the offseason, that would be the best case scenario. the worst case scenario would be if he signs with another team or decides to stay in toronto and wade leaves the heat because of the lack of real talent. hedo and calderon are overpaid but still useful.
now, the question is what would both teams rather do? risk or play it safe?
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:57:24 pm »

It will ultimately be Bosh's decision whether or not to be on the Heat in 2010-2011.  Whether or not Miami trades for him makes no difference.  Adding a guy, no matter how good, who expires in three months won't entice Wade to stay long term if the other guy decides not to stay long term.

Miami would be crazy to trade for Hedo and Calderon's salaries, trade away Beasley, and decrease their chances of resigning Wade and Bosh.  Especially because if Wade does opt out and Bosh doesn't resign, then they are in cap trouble for the next three years as a result fo this trade.

They will have a better chance if they offer Bosh and Wade max contracts this offseason, keep their 2010 pick, and keep Beasley.  No way MIA does this. 
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 04:09:25 pm »

no, the major reason why wade/bosh want to opt out is the lack of talent at their current teams. if you put them together miami suddenly looks like a contender.
also, miami could offer them more money and a longer contract than anybody else in the league. there'd be absolutely no reason for them to leave the heat
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:27:39 pm »

You're vastly overestimating Calderon and Hedo.  Both are on the wrong side of 30 and would total about $18M-$21M of salary on Miami's books until the summer of 2013.    They would be a detriment to signing Bosh, not a positive.

Bosh and Wade are going to opt out and see what other teams are offering.  No matter what happens in 2009-2010.  If this trade goes down and you are Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade, you can either resign with a Heat team that is going to be over the cap due to your max contracts and the Calderon/Hedo contracts, that doesn't have a 2010 pick, that has no other real young talent, and that has no big man except Bosh.

Or, if you don't make the trade and you are Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade, you can both sign a max contract with a Heat team that will still be under the cap by about $8M after your max contracts, that has a 2010 1st rounder (probably 14-18), that has a good young talent in Beasley, and that will probably be able to resign Haslem and O'Neal.  You'd be resigning with a team that is a PG away from a championship.

I dunno.  Seems and easy choice to me.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 04:30:41 pm »

Not good for Toronto.

They had JO. He played like sh*t and got hurt a lot. They don't want him back.

Beasley is a nice player, but not when your only other frontcourt player would be Bargnani and the aferomentinoed O'Neal.

Jones is irrelevant, and the pick is as well considering how good Miami becomes after this.

Look, in case anyone hasn't noticed, the Raptors are winning. They aren't moving Bosh right now...no chance. Any trade will happen in the off-season, and will likely be a sign-and-trade at that...or, the Raptors re-sign him.

Soon....
ballers101
MVP

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 04:47:00 pm »

Is that an honest trade offer? For you people out there if Bosh leaves it is a sign and trade so yes it must be a trade, and Bosh himself could probably get all that by himself no need to throw the others in. Either way Bosh aint leaving.
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 05:44:06 pm »

You're vastly overestimating Calderon and Hedo.  Both are on the wrong side of 30 and would total about $18M-$21M of salary on Miami's books until the summer of 2013.    They would be a detriment to signing Bosh, not a positive.

Bosh and Wade are going to opt out and see what other teams are offering.  No matter what happens in 2009-2010.  If this trade goes down and you are Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade, you can either resign with a Heat team that is going to be over the cap due to your max contracts and the Calderon/Hedo contracts, that doesn't have a 2010 pick, that has no other real young talent, and that has no big man except Bosh.

Or, if you don't make the trade and you are Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade, you can both sign a max contract with a Heat team that will still be under the cap by about $8M after your max contracts, that has a 2010 1st rounder (probably 14-18), that has a good young talent in Beasley, and that will probably be able to resign Haslem and O'Neal.  You'd be resigning with a team that is a PG away from a championship.

why would bosh and wade opt out if they are on the same team? i mean there's no team that could offer them more money than their original team and how many teams will be able to sign two superstars anyway? NY only if they get rid of curry/JJ and maybe NJ. an improvement over bosh/wade would only be lebron. sure the bulls and the nets have some nice pieces but hedo, calderon (who are solid players on bad contracts) and haslem aren't that bad by themself. also, since the heat own toronto's '10 1st rounder they will have a pick this year.

@cselby
sure, the raptors are winning but i don't think they can win it all. and hedo and calderon while on bad contracts won't get better. and if bosh decides to leave toronto then of course they could sign and trade him but won't be able to package their bad contracts with him. then they'd be stacked with hedo, calderon and the pieces they get from the bosh trade (won't be equal value for sure)
ballers101
MVP

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 06:05:11 pm »

why would bosh and wade opt out if they are on the same team? i mean there's no team that could offer them more money than their original team and how many teams will be able to sign two superstars anyway? NY only if they get rid of curry/JJ and maybe NJ. an improvement over bosh/wade would only be lebron. sure the bulls and the nets have some nice pieces but hedo, calderon (who are solid players on bad contracts) and haslem aren't that bad by themself. also, since the heat own toronto's '10 1st rounder they will have a pick this year.

@cselby
sure, the raptors are winning but i don't think they can win it all. and hedo and calderon while on bad contracts won't get better. and if bosh decides to leave toronto then of course they could sign and trade him but won't be able to package their bad contracts with him. then they'd be stacked with hedo, calderon and the pieces they get from the bosh trade (won't be equal value for sure)
Your an idiot
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 07:07:37 pm »

That's my point.  If Miami stands pat, they will be the only team in FA with the ability to offer two max contracts.  Which means they have a much better chance of attracting to max contract stars if they keep their cap clear.  And you keep assuming that Bosh and Wade are a package.  They aren't.  Wade might decide to resign for the max in Miami.  Or he might decide that he has a great chance at a ring in Chicago.  Or he might decide he wants to live in NYC.  Or any number of things.  Same with Bosh.  They might take a little less money for any number of reasons.  It is entirely possible (and probable) that they're going to play for separate teams.  Bosh might go to NYC, and Wade might become a Bull and form a terrifying backcourt with Rose for the next decade.

Why would Wade or Bosh opt out?  First, because they have to in order to get the new contract.  Second, Wade and/or Bosh, aren't going to resign with a team in cap hell, which is what the Heat will be if they make this trade.  Third, and most importantly, a team with a starting 5 of Calderon/Wade/Hedo/Bosh/O'Neal is winning exactly nothing.  Not to mention that their bench would probably be the worst in the NBA.

I know you want this to happen.  But trust me.  The Heat aren't adding any salary between now and FA.  They are going to entice FAs with their massive cap room, picks, and location.  Not with the opportunity to play with the likes of Hedo and Calderon.
ballers101
MVP

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »

That's my point.  If Miami stands pat, they will be the only team in FA with the ability to offer two max contracts.  Which means they have a much better chance of attracting to max contract stars if they keep their cap clear.  And you keep assuming that Bosh and Wade are a package.  They aren't.  Wade might decide to resign for the max in Miami.  Or he might decide that he has a great chance at a ring in Chicago.  Or he might decide he wants to live in NYC.  Or any number of things.  Same with Bosh.  They might take a little less money for any number of reasons.  It is entirely possible (and probable) that they're going to play for separate teams.  Bosh might go to NYC, and Wade might become a Bull and form a terrifying backcourt with Rose for the next decade.

Why would Wade or Bosh opt out?  First, because they have to in order to get the new contract.  Second, Wade and/or Bosh, aren't going to resign with a team in cap hell, which is what the Heat will be if they make this trade.  Third, and most importantly, a team with a starting 5 of Calderon/Wade/Hedo/Bosh/O'Neal is winning exactly nothing.  Not to mention that their bench would probably be the worst in the NBA.

I know you want this to happen.  But trust me.  The Heat aren't adding any salary between now and FA.  They are going to entice FAs with their massive cap room, picks, and location.  Not with the opportunity to play with the likes of Hedo and Calderon.
Where do you get this stuff? Yeah the raps are just gonna throw those guys away because they don't want them in a deal where all the stuff they could get with just Bosh. Do you seriously read what you write? No rumours of those two at all and now there are discussions of Wade playing with them.

Its obvious they will opt out and get the max contract, if Bosh leaves its via S&T not straight up signing bc of bird rights, and we know that he is not being traded at the deadline so....
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 08:19:03 pm »

Where do you get this stuff? Yeah the raps are just gonna throw those guys away because they don't want them in a deal where all the stuff they could get with just Bosh. Do you seriously read what you write? No rumours of those two at all and now there are discussions of Wade playing with them.

Its obvious they will opt out and get the max contract, if Bosh leaves its via S&T not straight up signing bc of bird rights, and we know that he is not being traded at the deadline so....

I was responding to Dempsy's trade proposal, idiot.  Get less stupid before posting again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Jump to: