Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: So Miami wants Bosh...  (Read 17055 times)
ballers101
MVP

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 08:01:34 pm »

if Bosh leaves its via S&T not straight up signing bc of bird rights, and we know that he is not being traded at the deadline so....

Bosh could easily make up that money in endorsement alone next to Wade.
I don't think so. He has quite a few endorsement deals here as well and right now his team is looking pretty good, so him leaving doesn't make sense to me....

Both him, & wade have the same agent, & im sure Bosh will also get the same endorsements as Wade. So all those commercials you see Wade in, most likely Bosh would be in most of those with Wade.

But does that mean he is coming to Miami? no. My opinion is it 1st would depend on TOR playoffs.
Yeah I agree with the last part. I just want the offseason to be finished and all the big time FA to stay and shake the NBA by doing so.

Question for you though, if Bosh does not come to Miami, then what do you see the prospects of Wade staying? I don't know what Amare is doing, but if he becomes unavailable and Bosh stays in Toronto, Wade might be the one on his way out no?
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 04:42:17 am »

Question for you though, if Bosh does not come to Miami, then what do you see the prospects of Wade staying? I don't know what Amare is doing, but if he becomes unavailable and Bosh stays in Toronto, Wade might be the one on his way out no?

yes!!! funny, earlier in this thread you called me an idiot and now you're coming up with exactly my point lol

i already explained it here. before miami signs another superstar they'll have to resign their current players or renounce their rights first. what is wade going to do? risk and sign with miami or play it safe and sign with chicago to play alongside rose? as you said, if miami doesn't sign or trade for the right pieces, wade will be gone. this team is a lottery team without him and a low playoff seed with him. he knows they won't win anything soon.

the situation isn't much better in toronto either. if bosh decides to leave in the offseason they'll be stucked with hedo and jose. they'd be to good to get a high draft pick but still would be miles away from a playoff spot. that means mediocrity for a while. sure it sucks to trade your best player when you're winning but an early first round exit is the most realistic scenario for the raptors this season
iyamwutiam
Star

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 01:00:55 pm »

Good point -then New York should be all over him.

The power to fit in with one’s social peers can be irresistible. To a human lemming, the logic behind
an opinion doesn’t count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion.
ballers101
MVP

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 01:10:06 pm »

yes!!! funny, earlier in this thread you called me an idiot and now you're coming up with exactly my point lol

i already explained it here. before miami signs another superstar they'll have to resign their current players or renounce their rights first. what is wade going to do? risk and sign with miami or play it safe and sign with chicago to play alongside rose? as you said, if miami doesn't sign or trade for the right pieces, wade will be gone. this team is a lottery team without him and a low playoff seed with him. he knows they won't win anything soon.

the situation isn't much better in toronto either. if bosh decides to leave in the offseason they'll be stucked with hedo and jose. they'd be to good to get a high draft pick but still would be miles away from a playoff spot. that means mediocrity for a while. sure it sucks to trade your best player when you're winning but an early first round exit is the most realistic scenario for the raptors this season

Toronto is in much better shape than Miami, Turk, Jack, Jose, and Bargs are very talented players. The heat are full of d leaguers, look at Toronto, 5 games above .500 playing great ball, Miami is falling and falling fast. Wade does everything alone, this is not the case in Toronto.
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 02:01:50 pm »

you are right but IF bosh leaves toronto (again, i'm not saying he will but the possibility is certainly there) then they are in an even worse situation than miami right now. true, they won't be nearly as bad as miami if wade leaves but the huge salaries won't allow them to fully rebuild and the players they have will be too good to get a realistic shoot at a high draft pick. so they'd be stucked in mediocrity as i already said.
miami on the other hand won't be in cap hell and will be able to rebuild.
ballers101
MVP

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 02:08:21 pm »

you are right but IF bosh leaves toronto (again, i'm not saying he will but the possibility is certainly there) then they are in an even worse situation than miami right now. true, they won't be nearly as bad as miami if wade leaves but the huge salaries won't allow them to fully rebuild and the players they have will be too good to get a realistic shoot at a high draft pick. so they'd be stucked in mediocrity as i already said.
Your still an idiot, teams rebuild via the draft, what happened via the celtics doesn't happen 90% of the time. Lakers still have Kobe and although Lebron is the better player IMO, he was brought in via the trade when he was drafted and has been the face of the franchise since. Toronto has Derozan, Bargnani, Belinelli, Johnson, Weems who are all young talent, and lets say Bosh does leave, that leave 9 million dollars for us to sign a player, so much for cap hell.... You don't sign players to rebuild, you draft them. Toronto already has young talent, Miami has Beasley but he is far from a finished product, and besides him they have who, Chalmers? He can't even hold down a starters spot.

Yes Bosh leaving is an uncertainty, but so is Wade. If anything Wade leaving is more likely than Bosh with the way the teams are playing. Let me make up a trade bc who knows, Wade might leave, Calderon+Derozan+Bargnani+2 firsts for Wade. Is it gonna happen? No. But at this point, Wade leaving is more likely.
Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 03:09:06 pm »

if Bosh leaves its via S&T not straight up signing bc of bird rights, and we know that he is not being traded at the deadline so....

I don't think so. He has quite a few endorsement deals here as well and right now his team is looking pretty good, so him leaving doesn't make sense to me....

Both him, & wade have the same agent, & im sure Bosh will also get the same endorsements as Wade. So all those commercials you see Wade in, most likely Bosh would be in most of those with Wade.

But does that mean he is coming to Miami? no. My opinion is it 1st would depend on TOR playoffs.

Yeah I agree with the last part. I just want the offseason to be finished and all the big time FA to stay and shake the NBA by doing so.

Haha well let me put this to you, why would Bosh resign there, when once he does you are over the cap, and will never improve enough to get out of the first round let alone the championship? Don't even try and tell me your team is good enough to win a championship lmao.

Toronto is in much better shape than Miami, Turk, Jack, Jose, and Bargs are very talented players. The heat are full of d leaguers, look at Toronto, 5 games above .500 playing great ball, Miami is falling and falling fast. Wade does everything alone, this is not the case in Toronto.
LOL at this, Miami was once over .500 aswell, and you guys were below it, you can say ish until the season has finished. You'll finish higher then us, but you won't get out of the first round so it doesn't matter?

amaredaman
Benchwarmer

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 03:15:47 pm »

couldnt see toronto doing this giving up 3 good players for one and taking oneal back

PHOENIX 2009-2010 CHAMPS
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 03:21:12 pm »

Maybe. but i think (just my opinion) that as long *** Pat surrounds wade with a team that can compete he will be content. There will still be JJ, Boozer, & the one that nobody talks about. That we could always trade our cap, with picks, for players that are on another team if we dont get who we want in free agency.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 03:23:05 pm »

Good point -then New York should be all over him.

NJ has the brighter future.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 03:27:23 pm »

i don't agree. both of them want to win championships and while miami has the chance to sign two superstars, toronto already knows what it has, a playoff team but definitely not a contender. so i say bosh leaving is more likely.

and you don't build a contender just via draft. you also need to sign or trade for a star player and to do so, you need cap space or the pieces to make a trade. you mentioned the lakers, they signed shaq back in '96 and traded for gasol 12 years later to become contenders. without them they were an team that can't get past round 1 in the playoffs. same with miami, boston and especially detroit (just one player that they'd drafted was in the starting 5). the spurs could eventually count as an exception but even they didn't grow together.

EDIT: this was a response to ballers101's post
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:29:51 pm by Jack Dempsey » Logged
LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »

Realistically TOR looks better this year. But not going into the future. Pat mad sure off that by not getting desperate, & over paying someone like Turk. Low blow but you get the point.

Next year what do TOR have to look forward to? At least Miami has around $40mil, & ours, & your, 1st round picks.

If Bosh leaves, how much money will you have to improve? Now revers that. If Wade leaves ? You know the rest.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:58 pm »

Your still an idiot, teams rebuild via the draft, what happened via the celtics doesn't happen 90% of the time. Lakers still have Kobe and although Lebron is the better player IMO, he was brought in via the trade when he was drafted and has been the face of the franchise since. Toronto has Derozan, Bargnani, Belinelli, Johnson, Weems who are all young talent, and lets say Bosh does leave, that leave 9 million dollars for us to sign a player, so much for cap hell.... You don't sign players to rebuild, you draft them. Toronto already has young talent, Miami has Beasley but he is far from a finished product, and besides him they have who, Chalmers? He can't even hold down a starters spot.

Yes Bosh leaving is an uncertainty, but so is Wade. If anything Wade leaving is more likely than Bosh with the way the teams are playing. Let me make up a trade bc who knows, Wade might leave, Calderon+Derozan+Bargnani+2 firsts for Wade. Is it gonna happen? No. But at this point, Wade leaving is more likely.

This year is not important for Wade to stay. But if TOR screw up Bosh will leave.

Its not about this year. It,s about haveing the opportunity to build your team all at ones, with over $40mil in cap.

ballers101
MVP

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 03:58:18 pm »

Realistically TOR looks better this year. But not going into the future. Pat mad sure off that by not getting desperate, & over paying someone like Turk. Low blow but you get the point.

Next year what do TOR have to look forward to? At least Miami has around $40mil, & ours, & your, 1st round picks.

If Bosh leaves, how much money will you have to improve? Now revers that. If Wade leaves ? You know the rest.

LOL no not a low blow at all, fully agree there (sometimes you gotta overpay to get talent though), but this offseason is way overhyped. Only 3 players make it seem amazing, but otherwise if lets say Wade leaves, who will sign with Miami? No matter who they sign, that player will be no Wade. Same with if Bosh leaves. It's nice having money, but there needs to be talent out there which is worth fetching for, and this offseason isn't as great as people are making it out to be. Johnson, Allen, J Ho, TMac, Amare, Ginobili, Boozer all the FA after the big 3, which really isn't that great. Only real guy you can say is good is Johnson, and he really has no reason to leave. Lebron I doubt will leave, so that leaves Bosh and Wade. Amare if he goes to Miami will probably mean Bosh stays and nothing big happens in offseason, same with if Boozer goes to Miami. Boozer or Amare probably heading to Miami and Bosh staying is most likely at this rate. The whole cap situation with the new CBA could also effect how much you spend. If Miami gets Amare, Bosh or Boozer, they are a good team, but they are still not a contender IMO, they have little or no players around those guys at all, and Bosh if he does leave will be in a S&T (just trust me on this one) so the assets Miami does have will probably be back to Toronto. Bosh and Wade are good, but even then you need more than D-Leaguers to win a title....
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 04:00:23 pm »

I think it's hilarious that Miami fans seem to think Toronto will have no money to re-sign Bosh, but they'll be able to re-sign Wade, AND sign Bosh, and still be able to fill out a complete roster. You can have two stars on your team, but you generally need this thing called a bench. A centre who isn't Jermaine O'Neal might help, and an upgrade at point guard...but hey, those just grow on trees right?

Soon....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Jump to: