Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: So Miami wants Bosh...  (Read 16910 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2010, 10:25:09 am »

*yawn* its the same old sh*t with you guys. we'll just wait and see in the offseason where Bosh is.

I love Raptors fans.  Their team's never won a championship and never will, but they keep trying to talk sh*t.  Try not to cry too hard after the Raps collapse in the 1st round of the playoffs.  Again.

blah blah blah blah...blah..blah...same..old..sh*t.

Soon....
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2010, 10:26:48 am »

It's "you're" not "your."  Learn to spell before calling other people idiots.  Idiot.  And whine about reffing to someone who cares.

And Toronto shouldn't throw in the towel.  Neither should they expect to win a championship.  They have to overpay medicore guys like Turk, Calderon, and Bargnani to keep them in Toronto. You aren't winning a championship that way.
ballers101
MVP

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 10:36:56 am »

It's "you're" not "your."  Learn to spell before calling other people idiots.  Idiot.  And whine about reffing to someone who cares.

And Toronto shouldn't throw in the towel.  Neither should they expect to win a championship.  They have to overpay medicore guys like Turk, Calderon, and Bargnani to keep them in Toronto. You aren't winning a championship that way.
Doesn't matter if the spelling is wrong, your thinking is completely wack. You will not accept the fact Miami is in bad shape and if they keep losing Wade will not stay nor will any FA want to go there like Bosh who is on a good team.

Bargnani overpaid? Name one player not named Wade who is close to his talent.

You keep talking BS but have no answer for why Toronto is not succeeding. Again Calderon is not even our best PG, its Jack.
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 10:37:31 am »

*yawn* its the same old sh*t with you guys. we'll just wait and see in the offseason where Bosh is.

I love Raptors fans.  Their team's never won a championship and never will, but they keep trying to talk sh*t.  Try not to cry too hard after the Raps collapse in the 1st round of the playoffs.  Again.

blah blah blah blah...blah..blah...same..old..sh*t.

It's funny because you always lose.
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2010, 10:50:41 am »

Doesn't matter if the spelling is wrong, your thinking is completely wack. You will not accept the fact Miami is in bad shape and if they keep losing Wade will not stay nor will any FA want to go there like Bosh who is on a good team.

Bargnani overpaid? Name one player not named Wade who is close to his talent.

You keep talking BS but have no answer for why Toronto is not succeeding. Again Calderon is not even our best PG, its Jack.

When Miami won its championship, they took a young superstar in Wade and combined him with several highly paid vets.  After 2007, it became apparent they weren't winning another championship with their current team.  So they traded Shaq, waited for their vets' deals to expire, and tried to keep the team a playoff team.  Now, with Wade in his prime, they are going to sign top shelf FAs and draft rookies to make another run at a championship.  Everyone except for you seems to understand this.

Calderon is your highest paid PG.  In total, you're paying Jack/Calderon $16-$18M a year for the next five years.  And neither's a top-15 PG.  Good luck with that.  And you're paying $50M from 2010-2011 until 2014-2015 for a center like Bargnani who can't match up against the Howards of the world.  Again, good luck with that.

And I'd take Haslem over Bargnani any day.  Less points but a better rebounder and much better defender.  
iyamwutiam
Star

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 11:14:45 am »

Beasley, Wade, Cook, James Jones and Chalmers are the only guys staying.  That leaves them 30M to fill out the team.  I personally would get Boozer over Haslen or just move Beasley to PF.  If you resign anyone -it should be J Oneil.

Since DWade is going to take around 16-18M off the cap that leaves you with 12 million.   Which meas at most you get one decent player - or sign a bunch of fillers -Nate/Haslem and ONeil.  How this makes Miami better than :

Bosh/Barngs/Hedo/Calderon/Jack/Evans and De Rozan -are quite an under-rated team imo.
You are talking about a front line that averages close to 20 pts/8.5 rebounds (42 points/17 rebounds) and a back court (Calderon/Jack/De Rozan/ Weems) -that gives you at least 30 points.  They can score at least 72 points a game if they hit their averages.  Throw in a ok game from Evans and Turk -and you get 16 pts/10 rebounds = 88 pts a game!!.

Beasley + ONeil -will give you 30 points and 15 rebounds at most.  DWade say 30 points and the rest of the team Haslem/Cook/Jones -another 20 points.  So they can score 80 points at most.  Beasley is getting better but he will never be the presence in the post that Boozer and others continue to be.  If they get Stoudemire -this works out a bit.

They have Stoudemire/ONeil/Beasley/Wade/Chalmers = 20+10+15+25+10= 80 points a game!! Throw in the rest of the team for 20 points = 100 points a game.  But they will be over tha cap for sure.  Thats why -in some ways -it makes more sense for Dwade to leave the team than it does for Bosh to leave.

The power to fit in with one’s social peers can be irresistible. To a human lemming, the logic behind
an opinion doesn’t count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion.
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2010, 11:34:11 am »

Beasley, Wade, Cook, James Jones and Chalmers are the only guys staying.  That leaves them 30M to fill out the team.  I personally would get Boozer over Haslen or just move Beasley to PF.  If you resign anyone -it should be J Oneil.

Since DWade is going to take around 16-18M off the cap that leaves you with 12 million.   Which meas at most you get one decent player - or sign a bunch of fillers -Nate/Haslem and ONeil.  How this makes Miami better than :

Bosh/Barngs/Hedo/Calderon/Jack/Evans and De Rozan -are quite an under-rated team imo.
You are talking about a front line that averages close to 20 pts/8.5 rebounds (42 points/17 rebounds) and a back court (Calderon/Jack/De Rozan/ Weems) -that gives you at least 30 points.  They can score at least 72 points a game if they hit their averages.  Throw in a ok game from Evans and Turk -and you get 16 pts/10 rebounds = 88 pts a game!!.

Beasley + ONeil -will give you 30 points and 15 rebounds at most.  DWade say 30 points and the rest of the team Haslem/Cook/Jones -another 20 points.  So they can score 80 points at most.  Beasley is getting better but he will never be the presence in the post that Boozer and others continue to be.  If they get Stoudemire -this works out a bit.

They have Stoudemire/ONeil/Beasley/Wade/Chalmers = 20+10+15+25+10= 80 points a game!! Throw in the rest of the team for 20 points = 100 points a game.  But they will be over tha cap for sure.  Thats why -in some ways -it makes more sense for Dwade to leave the team than it does for Bosh to leave.

this is a joke, right?
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2010, 11:44:27 am »

I think Miami's No. 1 plan is to get Wade and Bosh/LBJ on the same team, re-sign Haslem, draft well, and fill out the rest of the roster cheaply.  Then getting that final piece of the puzzle in 2010-2011 when they have a MLE.

I think Miami's No. 2 plan is to sign 2nd-tier FAs.  They'll have over $20M of cap room after re-signing Wade.  The complicated math I posted before.  I think they re-sign Haslem (as 6th man), O'Neal, and maybe even Q-Rich.  And then they go after Boozer, who would make perfect sense for this team (unlike OKC, where you keep pushing him).  They aren't going after Stoudemire - he doesn't fit their system and he needs a Nash-level PG to be effective (which is why he stays in AZ, I think).  With Haslem, O'Neal, and Boozer as their three main bigs (along with probably a rookie or vet minimum C), they'd have the best frontcourt in the East.  They then either draft or sign a decent PG.

I think Miami's No. 3 plan (i.e. Wade leaves) is to get good, decently priced FAs, to draft well, and to rebuild the team that way.  I don't think Wade leaves, so this is probably moot.

I'll agree to disagree with you about Toronto.  They have some decent to good players.  But they are, almost to a man, overpaid for their production.  They also don't have answers for guys like Howard, KG, and even Shaq in the playoffs.  I think they're a 25-30 win team without Bosh.  Same as Cleveland without LBJ.  Both teams have gone all out to keep their superstars with them.  If Bosh or LBJ leaves, it would be catastrophic.  
AirForceNone
All-Star

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2010, 12:00:17 pm »

So TO trades 3 core players for essentially an underwhelming Beasley + crappy mid 1st rdr?!

LMFAO

Colangelo hears "We'll trade you Beas....*dial tone*.....hello Bryan? Are you there?"

Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2010, 03:28:45 pm »

Huh I am Speechless on this "trade"

ballers101
MVP

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2010, 05:01:20 pm »

And I'd take Haslem over Bargnani any day.  Less points but a better rebounder and much better defender.

Although you made no relavent points, this one shows how much of a foolish homer you are.
ballers101
MVP

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2010, 05:03:17 pm »

I think Miami's No. 1 plan is to get Wade and Bosh/LBJ on the same team, re-sign Haslem, draft well, and fill out the rest of the roster cheaply.  Then getting that final piece of the puzzle in 2010-2011 when they have a MLE.

I think Miami's No. 2 plan is to sign 2nd-tier FAs.  They'll have over $20M of cap room after re-signing Wade.  The complicated math I posted before.  I think they re-sign Haslem (as 6th man), O'Neal, and maybe even Q-Rich.  And then they go after Boozer, who would make perfect sense for this team (unlike OKC, where you keep pushing him).  They aren't going after Stoudemire - he doesn't fit their system and he needs a Nash-level PG to be effective (which is why he stays in AZ, I think).  With Haslem, O'Neal, and Boozer as their three main bigs (along with probably a rookie or vet minimum C), they'd have the best frontcourt in the East.  They then either draft or sign a decent PG.

I think Miami's No. 3 plan (i.e. Wade leaves) is to get good, decently priced FAs, to draft well, and to rebuild the team that way.  I don't think Wade leaves, so this is probably moot.

I'll agree to disagree with you about Toronto.  They have some decent to good players.  But they are, almost to a man, overpaid for their production.  They also don't have answers for guys like Howard, KG, and even Shaq in the playoffs.  I think they're a 25-30 win team without Bosh.  Same as Cleveland without LBJ.  Both teams have gone all out to keep their superstars with them.  If Bosh or LBJ leaves, it would be catastrophic.  
The loss of Wade is what would be catastrophic, Toronto would still be borderline playoffs and Cleveland still has talent on their roster. Miami has nothing. 
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »

You could always jump on our bandwagon like a bunch of TOR, & CLV fans will be doing next year. Tongue

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2010, 09:48:50 pm »

They could always buy out tel aviv, or the Guantanamo bay league? Huh

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2010, 09:54:00 pm »

Please explain why?

& it,s whacked not wack, unless you are playing wack-a-mole Wink

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Jump to: