Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: So Miami wants Bosh...  (Read 16461 times)
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2010, 09:15:55 am »

Conley's having a pretty great season, and his development is a decent size reason why the Grizzlies are doing so well (although, obviously, not as big as Randolph or Gasol).  I like his potential (he's only 23) to develop into a top tier PG.  If I were rebuilding a team, and my choices were either Conley at his salary and age v. Calderon as his salary and age, I'd take Conley.  I can, of course, see the argument against Conley given his slow start, but he's showing his talent now that he has real teammates and a real coach.

And ballers, you're right that Evans has been playing a lot of SG, but I think that's more a result of Martin being out so much.  When Martin's been healthy, they've started Evans at PG (http://www.82games.com/0910/09SAC3.HTM).  I think that after they dump Udrih and Martin, Evans becomes their PGotF.

me too but right now i think calderon is the better PG.

also i like evans more at SG than PG. they were a playoff team until martin came back, since then they only won 3 games. i think a guy like rubio would be great next to evans.
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2010, 12:01:24 pm »

almost 3 months have past since i've made this trade proposal. back them 99% called me crazy. now, the heat lost in the 1st round of the playoffs and the raps didn't even make it to the postseason. so there's a strong possibility that both bosh and wade could leave their current teams.

now, what would have happened if my trade proposal went through?
toronto still wouldn't have made the playoffs but they wouldn't have to deal with hedo's and jose's contracts anymore. they could easily start to rebuild their roster around derozan, beasley and bargnani. and btw, they'd probably have a top 10 pick as well. o'neal would have been released and probably signed back by miami for the minimum.
miami would have their two superstars and would probably still be in the playoffs. bosh and wade would resign in the offseason and they would also be able to retain haslem, JO, Qrich,... the two contracts they got with bosh obviously suck but a contenting team won't matter as much as a rebuilding team.
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2010, 05:22:25 pm »

Nothing has changed for the Heat since the summer. Wade said himself that these playoffs had nothing to do with his decision to resign, or not.
As a Heat fan im glad we are not straddled with Turkeys contract.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2010, 05:57:29 pm »

Nothing has changed for the Heat since the summer. Wade said himself that these playoffs had nothing to do with his decision to resign, or not.

i think you didn't get my point. let's say the heat resign wade and sign another superstar (and that's the best case scenario). they'll have about $10mill (too lazy to calculate right now lol) for i guess 8 roster spots. unless you find some 2nd round diamonds like thornton, matthews or blair you'll have a really hard time to put together a good bench.
if the trade went through you'd have your two superstars and wouldn't have to renounce your own FAs. you could have resigned whoever you want and also you'd have the MLE. and hedo and calderon are solid roleplayers as well, just on horrible deals. but bad contracts don't hurt contending teams as much as they hurt rebuilding teams imo. they'd expire or become a useful trade chip when your '10 draft pick has to be resigned.
but who knows what'll happen this summer...
jcldallas24
Undrafted

Free Roddy B

« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2010, 06:49:28 pm »

The trade overall is pretty good Toronto is getting cap space, and a good young player but Beasley's natural spot is PF, and Bargnani should not be playing Center at all its not that he can't but its that he shouldn't...and if they trade for Beasley it would lower Beasley's effectiveness in the game...unless they can swap Beasley for a C in this trade i don't think Toronto does it but they definately consider it...

Also miami would be a beast team if they could get a Center in FA like say Gortat/Dampier/Haywood/Miller

Center?
Bosh
Hedo
Wade
Calderon
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2010, 07:04:51 pm »

i agree that bargnani shouldn't play C anymore. if they can't trade beasley for a C i'd keep him as a 6th man and draft a C in the draft. if cousins is gone, whiteside will be there for sure.

also, add qrich, haslem, JO, chalmers to the miami lineup as backups.
Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2010, 12:44:34 am »

Nah trade is still garbage.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2010, 01:07:58 am »

i think you didn't get my point. let's say the heat resign wade and sign another superstar (and that's the best case scenario). they'll have about $10mill (too lazy to calculate right now lol) for i guess 8 roster spots. unless you find some 2nd round diamonds like thornton, matthews or blair you'll have a really hard time to put together a good bench.
if the trade went through you'd have your two superstars and wouldn't have to renounce your own FAs. you could have resigned whoever you want and also you'd have the MLE. and hedo and calderon are solid roleplayers as well, just on horrible deals. but bad contracts don't hurt contending teams as much as they hurt rebuilding teams imo. they'd expire or become a useful trade chip when your '10 draft pick has to be resigned.
but who knows what'll happen this summer...

Only way it still wouldn't suck is if there was a 3rd team involved, & Calderon, & Turky were going there for something we actually liked.

I'll take my chances with Pat resigning Wade, signing a max player, trading Beasley Cook, & Jones, & get that 3rd star, & then let Pat build the team up from there even if it doesn't happen overnight.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2010, 07:15:04 am »

in a regular trade you have to give to get something in return. and haslem & beasley won't net you bosh or any other star player for sure (unless the other team is in a rebuilding mode but even then they'd ask for some picks as well). so if you don't have any valuable assets you'll have to take something bad in return. i think turk and calderon would do pretty good in a lineup with wade and bosh and in two years they'll become valuable trade assets anyway.

but hey, in another 2 months we'll know much more and then i'm gonna ask you the same question again OR i'll admit i was wrong.
LordLeoshes
All-Star

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2010, 04:16:38 pm »

in a regular trade you have to give to get something in return. and haslem & beasley won't net you bosh or any other star player for sure (unless the other team is in a rebuilding mode but even then they'd ask for some picks as well). so if you don't have any valuable assets you'll have to take something bad in return. i think turk and calderon would do pretty good in a lineup with wade and bosh and in two years they'll become valuable trade assets anyway.

but hey, in another 2 months we'll know much more and then i'm gonna ask you the same question again OR i'll admit i was wrong.

Alright cool we'll wait & see then. I've been hearing allot of buzz about both Amare, & Boozer, both signing in Miami. Dont like the idea defensively, but with the right system it might work. What i do know is offensively, in pick, & roll situations it will be devastating with wade/boozer, Wade/Amare.

Newt
Starter

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2010, 07:56:45 pm »

If you don't like Amare or Boozer defensively then I doubt you'll like Bosh.  I'm not a Miami fan but if I was I'd be happy with any of those players to play with Wade.
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2010, 09:39:16 am »

as promised, here i am... admiting that i was wrong about miami. congrats to pat, he's becoming the red auerbach of our generation. first the shaq trade 6 years ago with adding a couple of great role players and now this...

raptors fans should love this trade now though lol  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Jump to: