Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: should the spurs persue big Z?  (Read 1219 times)
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« on: February 21, 2010, 08:35:38 am »

With a buyout expected... Big Z will become available to teams around the league in the next week. Should the spurs persue him?  Maybe that's why they traded ratliff and maybe that's why the didn't do anything at the deadline?  The cavs don't have the available playing time for him between varejao, jamisin, shaq hickson taking up most of the minutes... So I think the spurs should snag him up

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:15:39 pm »

sure why not. idf we get lucky though. he still has some game left averaging more than a block over his career and averaged 9.3 rebounds just 2 years ago. a good spot up shooter too

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:03:32 am »

I'm going to say no.

Big Z would be an upgrade no doubt, but he doesn't put us back into contention and he has no future with the team.  If we were playing better and had a real shot at doing something this year in the playoffs I would say yes, but we are so far gone it would be a waste of time for both parties involved.  And because he doesn't put us into contention, there is almost no shot we could get him.  His agent already said he will only sign with a team if they have a real shot at a title.  And while I think he will go back to the Cavs, even if he doesn't there are a few other teams that would have a better shot at getting him, like Dallas, Denver, and even Atlanta.

For the last few weeks of the season, I think the Spurs need to worry about getting their 3 young guys (Hill, Blair, and recently recalled Hairston) more playing time this year and try to develop them because this season is a wash.  I would put Mahinmi in that group too, but I don't believe he will be back next year.  I think Pop and RC have made up their minds on him already.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:32:57 pm »

too bad. mahinmi just got injured in 08-09 thats why he could not play. in his contract year, with a spot open up front but still he wont get the playing time

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: