Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacers need to make some serious moves  (Read 7055 times)
Millertime31
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 19, 2006, 04:26:33 pm »

Ron Artest has ruined the last two seasons.  The currently assembled team will make the playoffs but can't be expected to do much more than that.  Here is what I would love to see happen.

1)  O'Neal and Jackson gets traded to Chicago for the #2 overall pick, Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni.  The Pacers then draft Aldridge.  With this move the Pacers are younger, more versatile and have roughly 15 million in cap space.  They are also weaker in the middle unless Aldridge comes through for them.  I think he will.

2)    They trade Tinsley, and Croshere's expiring contract, for the best available point guard.  (Andre Miller or Jason Terry in a sign and trade?)

3)   With the money they have under the cap, they sign a relatively  legitimate starting center (Nazr Mohammad).

Starting line-up:  Mohammad, Aldridge, Peja, Gordon, Miller?
Bench:  Harrison, Foster, Granger, Nocioni, Jones, Johnson, Jasikevicious.

In other words, keep the bench, ship off or replace the starters.
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:28:41 pm »

I liked what you said about Terry or Andre Miller. Here's what I think the Pacers should do this offseason.

Trade Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson for Ricky Davis, Trenton Hassell (filler), and the #6 pick

Draft Marcus Williams at #6 and Maurice Ager at #17 and a point guard to replace Eddie Gill at #45 (Guillermo Diaz maybe?)

Sign a shot blocking center (Kelvin Cato maybe?) with the MLE, I'd say just a 2 or 3 year deal incase Harrison develops real nice.

Resign Fred Jones and Peja (could resign just one, but both would be best)

Kelvin Cato/Jeff Foster/David Harrison
Jermaine O'Neal/Austin Croshere
Peja Stojakovic/Danny Granger/Trenton Hassell
Ricky Davis/Fred Jones/Maurice Ager
Marcus Williams/Anthony Johnson/Sarunas Jasikevicus/Guillermo Diaz

a full 15 man roster.
Millertime31
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 05:34:22 pm »

If Minnesota would go for that, and they might, if we sweeten the deal a bit, then I am all for it.
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 05:41:17 pm »

Quote from: "Millertime31"
If Minnesota would go for that, and they might, if we sweeten the deal a bit, then I am all for it.

Yeah. They might go for it if we threw in our #17 pick. I don't know.
SKY
MVP

三小?

Respect: +7

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 12:05:09 am »

Bulls won't deal Nocioni and Gordon. They want to develop a young team that's why they didn't want Tim Thomas to play.
PacerFan31
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 12:34:26 am »

I work for ESPN here in the Indy area, and I can't tell you everything, but let's just say that changes are coming.

I know it's not exactly breaking news lol, but some things that people aren't expecting going to happen.

scola
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 02:53:26 am »

Quote from: "Millertime31"
1)  O'Neal and Jackson gets traded to Chicago for the #2 overall pick, Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni.  The Pacers then draft Aldridge.  With this move the Pacers are younger, more versatile and have roughly 15 million in cap space.  They are also weaker in the middle unless Aldridge comes through for them.  I think he will.

Do you really think this trade is possible? I mean, John Paxson isn't abnormal, it would be completely insane. Maybe with Isiah Thomas as the Bulls GM...

You shouldn't be so optimistic.
Millertime31
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 06:02:05 am »

That's true.  This isn't the same Bulls management that gave away Brad Miller and Ron Artest for Jalen Rose.
Millertime31
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 09:06:32 am »

I work for ESPN here in the Indy area, and I can't tell you everything, but let's just say that changes are coming.

Come on Pacerfan31, tell me the big secret, I won't tell anyone else.  There are only 7 guys posting here.  We promise to keep the secret  Smiley
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 01:55:41 pm »

Quote from: "PacerFan31"

I know it's not exactly breaking news lol, but some things that people aren't expecting going to happen.

can't you at least tell us a couple things Cheesy

Like if JO is destined to get traded or not or what other teams are likely trading partners.
PacerFan31
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 06:45:13 pm »

Quote from: "Kilogram"
Quote from: "PacerFan31"

can't you at least tell us a couple things Cheesy

Like if JO is destined to get traded or not or what other teams are likely trading partners.

I'll tell you that about a month ago, I would've bet my house that JO was going to be traded.

Frantz
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 05:35:13 am »

For C position...
About rumors, Jamaal Magloire is on trading block
Magloire and Mo Williams for Tinsley and Foster?

Sorry for my English!!
Millertime31
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 06:08:18 am »

I think Milwaukee wants a power forward and also to clear some cap space.  I don't think they would take that deal.  Also, there are rules about matching salaries within a certain percentage of each other when trading.  Milwaukee would have to throw in another contract.

However, I would love to get Magloire and Williams.  If the Pacers could work out a trade for them without losing O'Neal, Granger or more than one first round pick, I would love it.
Frantz
Undrafted

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 07:18:19 am »

Last year Andre Bogut played power forward discreetly.
For clear some cap space they need a player like Austin Croshere.
Croshere and a 2° pick for Magloire is a trade credible?

Sorry for my English!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: