Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will they or Won't they???  (Read 2036 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: February 08, 2010, 03:05:15 pm »

With the season basically floating in the toilet waiting to be flushed...  sorry for the awful visual...

Should the Pacers pull the trigger on a pre-deadline trade???

Cleveland would be willing to trade Ilgauskas and Hickson for Murphy, assuming that we waive Ilgauskas.  The Pacers asked for picks on top of that.  I think we are being greedy.  Hickson has future skills and right now it is about the future, cause the present is toast.  Ask for a second rounder and make it happen.

Pacers are also rumored to be looking at Acie Law, whom we could probably get for Diener's expiring contract and maybe a second rounder. 

If you could make the above two trades happen...  Assuming Price is the future PG, which I like, and Law would back him up, would Watson make a great trade chip to package with Dunleavey to clear more space and maybe get something good back???

Are there other moves you would like to see happen, within the framework of reality???

Boom Baby!!!!
MSchmidt
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:39 am »

I don't think right now Indiana can make a realistic package that includes Dunleavy and his awful knees. Clearly, if Cleveland throws in Hickson the Pacers will make that trade, but my understanding is that Ferry has refused pretty much any package that has them giving up Hickson. I think it would be great to hear the conversations between the Pacers's Bird and the Cavs' Ferry.
pimpydoo
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 05:27:13 pm »

I dont think the Pacers will be making any moves. They are going to wait it out and let this season unfold as it is. Not a bad idea. If they get wowed for Murphy they will move him, but he will only become more valuable, his production is still stellar. It's too bad they couldn't jump on that Hickson offer, he is becoming a force to be reckoned with and would be a great complimentary player to the Pacers. Unfortunately, that's what most of the Pacers are with the exception of Granger. It would be nice to see them unload Dunleavy, he is pretty much worthless as a player now!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:40:35 pm »

they really should pull the trigger on the Hickson trade.

save money and add pieces for the future, instead of losing Murphy for nothing in 2011.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: