Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade Deadline  (Read 2383 times)
pimpydoo
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: February 16, 2010, 05:54:44 pm »

Is nearly approaching...what players would you like to see moved or would you not mind acquiring.
Trade-Dunleavy(no market, I know I know!), but he could be good filler in a larger trade, even though his contract is valuable to the Pacers because it will expire, just as a player, he has shown me next to nothing this season. His days should be numbered.
Diener.....I think he is a decent pg, its too bad he hasn't played, I still think he could be a contributor.
Murphy....If what they say is true, his value is at an alltime high. He is a very good player, but I dont think that he fits what we are trying to accomplish and like I said, value will never be higher. I would trade him for a matching expiring deal, a first rounder and any prospect. If you could get that, I think that is a solid move.
I think I have picked the most obvious chips that the Pacers are trying to move, is there anyway they could move a first rounder along with Murphy and someone else for Stoudemire? I'm not too good with the trade machine. This team still needs another scoring option to help out. .
I really hope that they do not move Brandon Rush as I think that he will excel when the Pacers play a new system and have some more help at pg.
I guess I really made this thread to highlight that Id really like to see Hickson acquired by the Pacers or a player with a similar skillset. I hope they do not acquire any fringe pg talent as I think it would just hinder the development of AJ Price who definetly has the "potential" to be a starter for this team.
pimpydoo
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:58:03 pm »

Also it is too bad because of the Foster injury. He has been such a noble and loyal player to the franchise. We owe it to him to let him play in the playoffs because he really is a gamer. It is too bad I don't think that will ever happen and his injury highlights what could happen when you hold onto a player for too long
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:32:17 pm »

Pacers are asking for too much for Murphy.

They are asking the Cavs for Ilgauskas, Hickson and a first rounder (releasing Ilgauskus).  I think if we turn the first rounder request into a second round request, this deal could get done.  I agree with you that he just doesn't fit in. 

I would love to see us somehow package TJ Ford, but that won't happen.  His stock isn't very high, and the player option this summer will definitely be exercised.  Next year he, along with Dunleavey will be trade chips.

I think with the team looking towards the future, Watson becomes somewhat expendable, and a great trading chip right now to a playoff bound team needing a good point.  You give his minutes to Price and let Ford back him up.

I would like to see the team retain Head and McRoberts.  They may not play much, but can contribute now, and for the $$$$ they are still good value.

Next year will be Foster's last year, and hopefully he will be healthy.  Hansbrough will get his head cleared out.  He needs to spend a month in the desert.  The Jones boys are the type's of players that the team needs to have around.

Boom Baby!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: