Gilbert Arenas = $17,730,694
Randy Foye = $4,795,095
Al Thornton = $2,814,196
Andray Blatche  = $3,260,331
JaVale McGee = $1,601,040
Nick Young = $2,630,503
Quinton Ross* = $1,146,337

= $33,978,196

i say Bosh or Amar'e are prime candidates for your team. More likely than not, Bosh will sign with another team though so be ready to snag Stoudemire

PG = Arenas-Livingston*-draft pick
SG = Foye-Young
SF = Thornton-Ross*-draft pick
PF = Bosh/Stoudemire-draft pick
C = Blatche-McGee-draft pick

Ross has a player option that he might pick up on. Livingston doesn't but he's very talented and i would resign if i were you guys.

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »

not a bad looking team if blatche continues to develop

armand_a
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 03:35:15 am »

Come on now - if the money is there (there will be more team who can offer max money than actual 'max' players), no way will the top-tier free agent is going to go to a rebuilding project.

And even if you get a veteran like Bosh, the rest of the core are not developed enough to challenge anything yet.  And signing veterans will take their minutes away.

So set your sight on the summer of 2011 instead.

As for next season, the Wizards have some nice young talents in Blatche and McGee (though they are pretty clueless on the court).  Thornton and Young are serviceable and they are under contract anyway, so you might just give them a chance.  The Wizards can also extend a qualifying offer to Foye, and see if he can develop into a Tony Parker-type (although I won't be holding my breath for it).  So that's basically the starting five.

With the cap-room, I would see if there are any bargain free agents out there like last summer's Ariza (I guess there won't be though - because lots of teams who made room for LBJ-Wade-Bosh and come out empty-handed will be spending like crazy).  If not, I will talk to teams who want to offload salaries and take their 2011 free agents.  For example, Pacers or the Suns.  They've got Murphy and Richardson who's going to expire.  If they decide to save money next season you can probably get them for a second-round pick -kind of like how Memphis got Ronnie Brewer earlier.  With my 20 million or so cap-room I will aim to get two of those guys.

Then fill out the roster with model pros, veterans who lead by good examples, like Juwan Howard or something.  So guys like Blatche and McGee can learn from them. 

The elephant in the room will be Arenas, who's obviously too old for a rebuilding project and is virtually impossible to trade because of his contract.  The only real chance of trading him would be to the Magic I assume - they have an equally ridiculous contract in Rashard Lewis (20m per who gets your 13 pts and 5 rebs  Tongue).  Lewis earns more, but expire a full year before Arenas, so the Magic may not bite (unless they get sour on J.Nelson this summer).  However, I will definitely test their interest as the team's relationship with Arenas is really torn beyond repairable.

Whether you can trade Arenas or not, it will be a horrible season ahead.  The plus side is you will have a good draft pick.  See which of the Foye-Young-Thornton-Blatche-McGee core don't plan out and fill that void with the pick... that should be the plan going forward.  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:39:38 am by armand_a » Logged
armand_a
Star

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 07:48:54 pm »

Oh I only realize now that Young is actually 25... so scratch that.  And I forgot they will have a high draft pick this year as well... so use that on a SG/SF ala Turner.  And you have a Foye-Rookie-Thornton-Blatche-McGee core for next year.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:13:54 am »

arenas will still probably woo bosh or amare

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

Respect: +21

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:24:33 pm »

I think this would be the most realistic thing that would happen to Washington

Arenas = $17,730,694
Boozer = $13,495,744
Foye = $4,795,095
Blatche = $3,260,331
Thornton = $2,814,196
Young = $2,630,503
McGee = $1,601,040
Ross = $1,146,337
Livingston = $915,852
1st rd pick (Aldrich) = $2,812,200
1st rd pick (Singler) = $850,800
2nd rd pick (Brackins) = $473,604
2nd rd pick (Jordon) = $473,604

=====================================================================================

2010 lineup

PG = Arenas-Livngston
SG = Foye-Young
SF = Thornton-Singler-Ross
PF = Boozer-Blatche-Brackins
C = Aldrich-McGee-Jordon

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

helarik
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 08:54:08 am »

I think Bosh would be a great running partner for Wall. Bosh has said he wants to be the number one on a team. So a rookie standout will surely be happy being the second guy at the start of his career. Plus Wall isn't a selfish guy..
iyamwutiam
Star

Respect: +5

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 05:58:14 pm »

I think they pass on Foye.  If I was Washington -I would trade Arenas to Memphis for two picks + Connelly and Jaric.  Its great for Memphis and great for DC.

The power to fit in with one’s social peers can be irresistible. To a human lemming, the logic behind
an opinion doesn’t count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion.
Szahh
MVP

Respect: +37

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 03:42:15 am »

I think they pass on Foye.  If I was Washington -I would trade Arenas to Memphis for two picks + Connelly and Jaric.  Its great for Memphis and great for DC.

They would never do that. Conley is just not... good enough.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 04:34:03 pm »

The lineup I want

Wall
Young
McGuire
Blatche
McGee

with Thornton, Foye, and a young big with the 2nd pick, maybe.

Don't pay guys like Boozer to come here, rebuild the OKC way, only bring in a talent if it is age appropriate for example Rudy Gay.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 04:35:34 pm »

They would never do that. Conley is just not... good enough.

Are you kidding me? Hell it doesn't matter who we get back in the trade for Arenas as long as it is not, Elton Brand, Hedo Turkolgu, or Rashard Lewis, hell I would even consider the last one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: