Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]   Go Down

Author Topic: The (UN)Official FIFA 2010 World Cup Thread  (Read 66947 times)
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #795 on: July 11, 2010, 04:38:34 pm »

A South American ref would have said "I'm the boss biatch, get the hell off my ***" ... or something like that, I'm sure.

LOL at this, it's true, referees today lack the attitude to clash against star players, this would never happen against a Pierluigi Collina or a Castrilli (head of the Argentinian Referee federation) but it seems like it's happening more and more, just like Iverson screams himself out of a Tech, footballers do it too.

It's just that they are really scared at *** up in front of the boss on the big stage, remember, referees were actually "auditioning" for this job.

I love how HH censored pitch because I wrote biatch next to it .... fail on you Hoopshype.

Football misses Collina.

steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #796 on: July 11, 2010, 05:17:46 pm »

On a semi related note, and no Jaime i'm not trying to steal your thunder:
Uruguay's Diego Forlan has won the adidas Golden Ball as the outstanding player at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™.

The Atletico Madrid man scored five, including fine strikes against South Africa and Germany, as Uruguay exceeded expectations to reach the semi-finals and then lose the third-place play-off 3-2 to Germany.

Forlan finished in a four-way tie with Thomas Muller, Wesley Sneijder and David Villa for the Golden Boot with five goals; an award Muller took on a tie-break thanks to having more assists.

Muller also picked up the Best Young Player award, while Spain captain Iker Casillas can add the Golden Glove award to his FIFA World Cup winners' medal.
Yeah, Forlan's the player I'm going to remember the most from this World Cup (at least the guy I'm going to remember for positive things anyhow).  Teams were scared shitless any time he got a chance to size up the goal within 30 yards.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #797 on: July 11, 2010, 05:20:23 pm »

The only thing that makes me sad is that he won't be able to keep doing this because he's already 31, but i'm proud of him and I appreciate all the things he has done to my country.
The_Pleasure_Man
Star

The pinnacle of male evolution

Respect: +1249

« Reply #798 on: July 12, 2010, 12:38:19 am »

Spain, dominating the world of sport haha. Congrats to the Spanish and our man Jamie ... totally deserved. Best team in the tournament, best in the game, best in the world right now.

It's a shame Holland played like they did, I think they got what they deserved really. They didn't really play to win in the first half, mainly just to stop Spain ... they were lucky only one guy got sent off.
But never the less, Spain did what it took and absolutely deserved it, no doubt.

Did we watch the same game? Holland battled and played to win for sure, why do you think they subbed de Jong for  Van der Vaart? And although Spain played better, I'd say Holland actually had better chances... and by no means were they lucky only one guy got send off, the officiating was terrible, Spain were lucky Heitinga got send off in the first place.

De Jong should have been send off early in the match. Puyol and Iniesta should have both been send off as well.

Not to say that Spain didn't deserve to win, and congrats to them and Jamie Gasol, but Holland put up a good fight.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 05:22:41 am by The_Pleasure_Man » Logged
sprewell
a.k.a. maradinho
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #799 on: July 12, 2010, 02:00:01 pm »

Spain, dominating the world of sport haha. Congrats to the Spanish and our man Jamie ... totally deserved. Best team in the tournament, best in the game, best in the world right now.

It's a shame Holland played like they did, I think they got what they deserved really. They didn't really play to win in the first half, mainly just to stop Spain ... they were lucky only one guy got sent off.
But never the less, Spain did what it took and absolutely deserved it, no doubt.

Did we watch the same game? Holland battled and played to win for sure, why do you think they subbed de Jong for  Van der Vaart? And although Spain played better, I'd say Holland actually had better chances... and by no means were they lucky only one guy got send off, the officiating was terrible, Spain were lucky Heitinga got send off in the first place.

De Jong should have been send off early in the match. Puyol and Iniesta should have both been send off as well.

Not to say that Spain didn't deserve to win, and congrats to them and Jamie Gasol, but Holland put up a good fight.

i cannot agree here. i got the impression that holland played from the first minute extremely hard to destroy the spanish system. van bommel must have been sent after 10 minutes easily. i hate players like him, these players are the real reason why big matches often doesnt have a high level.

i miss the holland-team from 2008 that played spectacular football. i liked them very much. the '10 team will be remember by me as a over-aggressive team that had a great moral but rarely played nice football. where is the "Voetbal totaal"? even cruyff said that he is from the netherlands, but that he supports the footall from spain.

the game actually was not very good. the worst man on the pitch was obviously the referee who made many wrong decisions - on both sides. still i think holland was favored by him because he was scared to send a player off.

fortunately iniesta scored and spain won deservedly. although holland (robben) had two very good chances, spain deserves the title more imo.

congratulations @chelo
chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #800 on: July 12, 2010, 02:06:07 pm »

i cannot agree here. i got the impression that holland played from the first minute extremely hard to destroy the spanish system. van bommel must have been sent after 10 minutes easily. i hate players like him, these players are the real reason why big matches often doesnt have a high level.

i miss the holland-team from 2008 that played spectacular football. i liked them very much. the '10 team will be remember by me as a over-aggressive team that had a great moral but rarely played nice football. where is the "Voetbal totaal"? even cruyff said that he is from the netherlands, but that he supports the footall from spain.

the game actually was not very good. the worst man on the pitch was obviously the referee who made many wrong decisions - on both sides. still i think holland was favored by him because he was scared to send a player off.

fortunately iniesta scored and spain won deservedly. although holland (robben) had two very good chances, spain deserves the title more imo.

+100 to this.
jaime_gasol
All-Star

Oh You!

Respect: +20

« Reply #801 on: July 12, 2010, 03:58:41 pm »

Did we watch the same game? Holland battled and played to win for sure, why do you think they subbed de Jong for  Van der Vaart? And although Spain played better, I'd say Holland actually had better chances... and by no means were they lucky only one guy got send off, the officiating was terrible, Spain were lucky Heitinga got send off in the first place.

ARRRIBAA ESPAÑAAAAA THANK YOU EVERYBODYY MY THROAT STILL HRTS the celebration was crazy here, we totally deserved the win, pleasure man I must have seen a different game,Holland didnt play soccer, all they did was play karate, they were D I R T Y   C O W A R D S ,they had no ambtion at all,their aim was to reach the penalty kicks, Van bommel and de jong should have been sent off on the frist half and punished by the FIFA, and you say iniesta and puyol should ahve been sent off too ?gimme a *** break, you had to be igh when watchin the game

sometimes life is fair and the good times win, you had more ocassions ? I laugh at that,Holland put up a good fight,literally, they put up a good KARATE fight, I always congratulate my rivals when my team wins, ike the celtics this year because they played their game  with honour, but Holland didn´t play soccer at all, even Cruyff was with Spain, if I was dutch i would be ashamed of my team,you bunch of DIRTY COWARDS,but as I said before sometimes life is fair and the most deserving team wins ARRIBA ESPAÑAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,suck on that dutches

chelo que sepas que el sitio en el que estoy esta lleno de alemanes y anime a uruguay a pesar de estar rodeado,chelos should be proud of his team even though they lost, unlike the dutches, congratulations for havin that great team chelo
WE WOOOOOOOOOOON YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

jaime_gasol
All-Star

Oh You!

« Reply #802 on: July 12, 2010, 04:13:39 pm »

about van bommel, that guy should be severely punished by the FIFA, but no referee seems to even show him red cards, he has spent his whole career playing karate and always gets away with it, yesterday he was kicking spanish legs because he knew the referee wouldn show him a red card,that guy Howard Webb should never officiate a game, he almost cost us the world cup, can I ask, what did Van Bommel need to do to get his second yellow card ?he could kill a spanish player and the referee wouldnt even call the foul,it was a shame BUUUUUUUUUUUT STILL SPAIN WON BECAUSE WE ARE WAY BETTER, WE ARE A TEAM ARRIBA ESPAÑAAAAAAAAAAAA

The_Pleasure_Man
Star

The pinnacle of male evolution

Respect: +1249

« Reply #803 on: July 12, 2010, 06:29:26 pm »

ARRRIBAA ESPAÑAAAAA THANK YOU EVERYBODYY MY THROAT STILL HRTS the celebration was crazy here, we totally deserved the win, pleasure man I must have seen a different game,Holland didnt play soccer, all they did was play karate, they were D I R T Y   C O W A R D S ,they had no ambtion at all,their aim was to reach the penalty kicks, Van bommel and de jong should have been sent off on the frist half and punished by the FIFA, and you say iniesta and puyol should ahve been sent off too ?gimme a *** break, you had to be igh when watchin the game

sometimes life is fair and the good times win, you had more ocassions ? I laugh at that,Holland put up a good fight,literally, they put up a good KARATE fight, I always congratulate my rivals when my team wins, ike the celtics this year because they played their game  with honour, but Holland didn´t play soccer at all, even Cruyff was with Spain, if I was dutch i would be ashamed of my team,you bunch of DIRTY COWARDS,but as I said before sometimes life is fair and the most deserving team wins ARRIBA ESPAÑAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,suck on that dutches

chelo que sepas que el sitio en el que estoy esta lleno de alemanes y anime a uruguay a pesar de estar rodeado,chelos should be proud of his team even though they lost, unlike the dutches, congratulations for havin that great team chelo
WE WOOOOOOOOOOON YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I guess we didn't watch a different game than because I agree that Spain deserved to win (like I said in my original post). I also agree that de Jong should have gotten red (also in my original post). If he had gotten red, there is a good chance the Dutch would have lost by more, so the Dutch also benefited from bad refereeing.

The only thing I did not agree with is that the Dutch played extremely dirty, I don't agree Van Bommel should have been given red, I think Heitinga's second yellow card was ridiculous. Puyol and Iniesta should have been been given red, like De Jong, Iniesta kicked Van Bommel with no intention of playing the ball (the ball was on the other side of the pitch) so if you think De Jong deserved red than you surely believe that Iniesta got a pass there as well. The last yellow card the Dutch received (on van der Wiel) defined how badly the game was officiated (again, on both sides).

Like I said though, the best team won and you don't lose games because of refereeing but because of bad play, and that's what happened.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:41:56 pm by The_Pleasure_Man » Logged
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #804 on: July 12, 2010, 07:14:51 pm »

I got to say that Holland had some disguting things, they should have ended the game with just 8 players, Howard Webb was a disgrace.

I don't think Webb had a bad game really (apart from the non-corner decision, oh dear) it was a very hard game to referee. But, I think he was too scared to dole out a red card earlier, which he really should have. There was so much said about him not giving a red card or penalty in the world cup before the final ... it was obvious he was too scared of taking over, when he really should have.
A South American ref would have said "I'm the boss biatch, get the hell off my ***" ... or something like that, I'm sure.

I think the referee (Howard Webb) did a very good job - he doled out the yellows freely like candy, but he kept the match relatively under control.  The Netherlands (especially Van Bommel) were being so physical with Spain, and it worked for a while, but ultimately Spain's skill and talent surfaced and won out.  

Forlan finished in a four-way tie with Thomas Muller, Wesley Sneijder and David Villa for the Golden Boot with five goals; an award Muller took on a tie-break thanks to having more assists.

Muller also picked up the Best Young Player award, while Spain captain Iker Casillas can add the Golden Glove award to his FIFA World Cup winners' medal.

Forlan was incredible, he deserves the Golden Ball - that's the award given to the best player of the tournament, right?  And he was the best in the tournament in my opinion.  He was the best long-distance shooter, and would make some awesome goals.  And don't worry about him getting old, Uruguay still has the young man Suarez.  
Also the Spain keeper was phenomenal, he was stopping every shot, great job - best goalkeeper of the tournament.  
As for Muller, all I can say is... he'll be back!  
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #805 on: July 13, 2010, 06:19:04 am »

I got to say that Holland had some disguting things, they should have ended the game with just 8 players, Howard Webb was a disgrace.

I don't think Webb had a bad game really (apart from the non-corner decision, oh dear) it was a very hard game to referee. But, I think he was too scared to dole out a red card earlier, which he really should have. There was so much said about him not giving a red card or penalty in the world cup before the final ... it was obvious he was too scared of taking over, when he really should have.

I think the referee (Howard Webb) did a very good job - he doled out the yellows freely like candy, but he kept the match relatively under control.  The Netherlands (especially Van Bommel) were being so physical with Spain, and it worked for a while, but ultimately Spain's skill and talent surfaced and won out.  

Forlan was incredible, he deserves the Golden Ball - that's the award given to the best player of the tournament, right?  And he was the best in the tournament in my opinion.  He was the best long-distance shooter, and would make some awesome goals.  And don't worry about him getting old, Uruguay still has the young man Suarez.  
Also the Spain keeper was phenomenal, he was stopping every shot, great job - best goalkeeper of the tournament.  
As for Muller, all I can say is... he'll be back!  

Germany are going to be scary good come the next European Championships.

I agree that Webb didn't do too bad of a job. The teams really didn't make it any easier for him. Who wants to see a bunch of red cards in the first half of a world cup final? The yellow cards should have been a warning, but they seemed to do nothing - especially with Van Bommel, although he just appeared a step too slow for him man.
I think, when it was obvious it wasn't going to stop (though it did tone down in the first half) - he should have gone over to the coach and told him to tell his guys to calm down or he's going to have no option than to send someone off. But Holland probably thought they were getting away with it anyway.

When the Dutch had the ball they created some chances and actually look more of a threat for portions of the game. But everything was coming from set pieces and when they stopped the ball ... passes and runs coming from counter attacks. They didn't really create much else other than that. Spain didn't really either (I thought they attempted through balls a little too much, when it didn't appear to be working), but their passing and creativity was what set them apart. And they deserved it.

I was sent this ... for anyone who wants a good laugh. There's a few pages of it.

http://www.redcafe.net/f8/photoshop-arjen-robben-301973/

My faves:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:22:41 am by Stinkinbishop » Logged

jaime_gasol
All-Star

Oh You!

« Reply #806 on: July 18, 2010, 09:54:36 am »

pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #807 on: July 26, 2010, 07:39:33 pm »

like the last two world cups another disapointmenting tourment not much quality and huge amount of defensive football, no real standout player of past years, teams afraid of gettin beat than rather going for wins. The teams that played attackin football tend to be teams out early which is a shame.

:'(Sadly 1998 was the last good world cup

jaime_gasol
All-Star

Oh You!

« Reply #808 on: July 27, 2010, 03:22:44 am »

Spain would always attack, always that is our style, but all of the teams we faced except Germany were defensive cowards that wouldn´t allow you to play nice football

jaime_gasol
All-Star

Oh You!

« Reply #809 on: July 27, 2010, 03:42:38 am »

lol

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]   Go Up

Jump to: