Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: !!! IMPORTANT: 2 Day Freeze Period On Trades !!!  (Read 4535 times)
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« on: March 09, 2010, 09:31:01 am »

Hey everyone, quick message from the Farc about making the rosters for 2k10 and will need a slight stoppage in trades (only 2/3 days) to get the 2k10 game set....

I was hoping there could be like a 2 or 3 day "Freeze Period" in which nobody, NO exceptions, can trade their players.  

This will allow me to create the 2k10 roster file literally more than 3 times faster than if I try to make the rosters gradually over a couple days WHILE people trade... it just get's confusing.

I am just mentioning this now... and stickying it so mods and GM's can expect something like this in the future.

Summary:  I need a "3 Day Freeze Period" so that I can copy ALL of your GM roster's and teams to my 2k10 game on PC and it's own roster file ( along with game specific sliders and settings to the GM game )

I have been doing some tweaking of the gameplay sliders, settings, and a few ( only a couple RANDOM players need changes ).  I downloaded the most RECENT roster file from the 2k server yesterday; it's officially marked as the NBA rosters, with "Player Progression" (skill progression and overall score is reflected and changes) from the roster file released March 5th, 2010.  It's pretty much a perfect file now that it's POST-trade and the players in the NBA are sort of in similar mindsets as we think they are in real life.

PS:  Still looking to trade, but people seem to undervalue my players or something.  I mean when you people talk about "VALUE" in a player, it's as if you forget this is done with 2k10(simmed) and their impact in 2k10 is just as key.  Now obviously the game's ratings are 100% reflecting real life stats and objective knowledge, especially the depth with defense used in 2k10 and how it reflects a players "overall" score; Let's say you have Player A and he is a 72 out of 100 in shooting from ALL ranges, etc.  He's a 64, and scores 16ppg in 36 minutes when simmed on average.  That same player can become a 74 and will score 16ppg in 36 minutes as well... the difference being he will play far better defense; and maybe more efficiently or something in other areas.  

POINT BEING: SIMPLE - THE OVERALL RATING'S ARE RANDOM IN A SENSE; Like I've stated before, Bargnani has become a 73 since this game came out ( he was like 67 or something when the game was released; proving that the "Player Progression" has worked well since Bargnani has improved this season and it took increases in certain parts of his profile that resulted in a +6 OVERALL score; +10 in post defense, +10 in low post offense, ETC.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:11:45 am by cselby » Logged

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:42:07 am »

Is JR Smith one of those random people that could be tweaked a little? I heard his rating's pretty bad. We saw in last year's playoffs that he can play some D and make impressive passes.

Everybody get your rotations in. Once everybody has them in, we can freeze. If it takes too long we'll have a deadline.
Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:59:14 pm »

People are barely trading at all right now, like 1-2 trades a day total. I don't think it would be a huge deal.

Sig by bbyao06
RIP ER7trey
a.k.a. iBall EST & iHU$$LE EST & ER7-Trey folife
MVP

where Facial Hair happens...

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:07:35 pm »

what about injuries and what not.. aren't those players out of it in the new ratings

sig by bbyao06
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 05:11:02 pm »

what about injuries and what not.. aren't those players out of it in the new ratings

He's not using 2k10's official updates but rather downloading from an unofficial outside source on the share network ... and then probably tweeking some players.

At least that's what I'm lead to believe.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:12:27 pm »

It won't matter. If you start a season or association everyone is healed.

Sig by bbyao06
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:41:17 am »

when will this take effect? as in immediately/ASAP?

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Jonathan
a.k.a. Takuya Kimura
Starter

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:23:52 am »

what about TMac and MF,are they gonna help simming?

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 11:54:44 am »

this game has been frozen for a while now, of course it will be frozen in the future.

Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:39:00 pm »

I'm not going to anymore, i think Farc likes doing it to be honest, and i'll let him.
I don't need to be on the xbox anymore then i already am, i'm on it alot.....

In the future if i'm needed to be a mod on here i would, if i were needed, i show alot of activity on here, but if no one wants me to be a mod on here that's cool too.

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 02:42:55 pm »

I'm not going to anymore, i think Farc likes doing it to be honest, and i'll let him.

In the future if i'm needed to be a mod on here i would, if i were needed, i show alot of activity on here, but if no one wants me to be a mod on here that's cool too.

Serious question.

What would you do if you were mod?

What will you do that you cant if you weren't a mod?

Please answer these please.
Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 02:46:52 pm »

Serious question.

let me un bold, and then bold inside my comments for your answer.

If i'm needed to help run stuff, later maybe J dissapears for a while, or Zander is on holiday....Settle down Ralph.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 02:52:05 pm »

i dont think he was being hostile towards you, he's just posing a question.

farc simming games, doesnt NEED to be a mod. zander handling free agency doesnt NEED to be a mod. so thats what he's trying to find out, what difference would it make

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 02:52:42 pm »

Serious question.

If i'm needed to help run stuff, later maybe J dissapears for a while, or Zander is on holiday....Settle down Ralph.

Woah calm down tiger i am actually supporting you right now i just wanted to know what would you actually do your post didn't specify what exactly you would be doing as a mod.  
another question for you though.

If zander goes on holiday dont we still have enough mods to cover him?  or do you feel there is enough on farc, jay, zunami and lil flip remix plate as it is?

Serious question no attitude intended.
Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 03:03:09 pm »

Serious question.

Woah calm down tiger i am actually supporting you right now i just wanted to know what would you actually do your post didn't specify what exactly you would be doing as a mod. 
another question for you though.

If zander goes on holiday dont we still have enough mods to cover him?  or do you feel there is enough on farc, jay, zunami and lil flip remix plate as it is?

Serious
question no attitude intended.
Flip doesn't do that much as a mod, he's more come and go and just does stuff to do with the players.
I'm saying if i were needed, does that bolding not make it clear? If Jay or Zu were to dissapear, i would be glad  to give a hand if needed. It doesn't say RIGHT NOW i want to be a mod.....

Re Read through it if you need to.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: