Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sandwich Hall of Fame  (Read 5282 times)
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 12:38:50 pm »

Italian bread with pepperjack cheese.  Grilled chicken with Turkey salami and Pepperoni,  Fried Red green and yellow peppers along with Jalaps, fried in a little bit of alove oil.  Add mayo and mustard while on the grill mix together and put into bun.. Best sandwiches i have ever made.

Jesus Christ that is a sandwich for the ages. I feel like such an amateur now.

themadkiwi
MVP

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 12:56:47 pm »

I'm jealous of you American/Canadians - you're very creative when it comes to your sandwiches.

Well, speaking as a colonial stuck in Oregon... what they can't do is a damn mince pie! Jesus, all these pot pies have the most saccharine and crumbly dessert pastry. The only time I can get a frickin' mince pie is when the Highland Games are on in town.  Lips sealed
SKY
MVP

三小?

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 01:48:22 pm »

I really enjoy eating paninis. I've tried eating one with closed edges, there's cheese, mushrooms and corn and all the contents are hot (temperature).
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 02:05:42 pm »

philly cheese steak FTW

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »

grilled cheese!

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 05:38:21 pm »

grilled cheese!

Simple, but effective.

A plain old BLT never goes wrong.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 10:31:18 pm »

There's 2 sandwiches that stand above all others:

1. Philly Cheesesteak
2. Italian Beef & Sausage combo (dipped (since most here are non-Chicago people, basically taking the bun and dipping it in the juice to make sure the flavor of the juice is saturated within the bun), with mozzarella cheese)

IMO, nothing comes close.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 12:00:16 am »

There's 2 sandwiches that stand above all others:

1. Philly Cheesesteak
2. Italian Beef & Sausage combo (dipped (since most here are non-Chicago people, basically taking the bun and dipping it in the juice to make sure the flavor of the juice is saturated within the bun), with mozzarella cheese)

IMO, nothing comes close.

So I take it you frequent Portillo's or do you make your own dipped sandwiches?

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 12:20:35 am »

Portillo's is a favorite of mine, but at the same time, you can get dipped sandwiches just about anywhere around here, as it's one of those things that in Chicago is like a "duh" kinda thing, but most of us understand that it's still something that's more of an area thing. I remember finding out that it was a Chicago thing when I was in Kentucky...I gotta say, people in Kentucky don't take kindly to ANYTHING that they don't understand. I thought I was going to have to get a group to take out everyone in that restaurant just for my own safety, great customer service at that place too...

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 01:23:37 am »

Portillo's is a favorite of mine, but at the same time, you can get dipped sandwiches just about anywhere around here, as it's one of those things that in Chicago is like a "duh" kinda thing, but most of us understand that it's still something that's more of an area thing. I remember finding out that it was a Chicago thing when I was in Kentucky...I gotta say, people in Kentucky don't take kindly to ANYTHING that they don't understand. I thought I was going to have to get a group to take out everyone in that restaurant just for my own safety, great customer service at that place too...

Kentucky is an interesting state. I kept walking around asking for directions to Colonel Sanders' house, people didn't seem to appreciate it.

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 02:26:38 am »

ham and cheese. i also love subway

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 05:39:43 am »

this thread needs pictures...
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 05:53:54 am »

my mouth will never water even if you bring up pictures

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 10:18:06 am »

omg, send some Portillo's this way.... (that's why I asked you Cselby if you have ever been to Chicago, simply because of this place) Wow. One of those wet sandwiches right now.... I might have to open one here

Oliver
Star

peace coming from the far east

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:41 pm »

grilled cheese!
throw some bacon into that, and its brilliant.  If I'm feeling ambitious I throw in a fried egg as well.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: