Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sandwich Hall of Fame  (Read 5284 times)
LKdude
Hall of Famer

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 10:23:36 am »

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »

Portillo's is a favorite of mine, but at the same time, you can get dipped sandwiches just about anywhere around here, as it's one of those things that in Chicago is like a "duh" kinda thing, but most of us understand that it's still something that's more of an area thing. I remember finding out that it was a Chicago thing when I was in Kentucky...I gotta say, people in Kentucky don't take kindly to ANYTHING that they don't understand. I thought I was going to have to get a group to take out everyone in that restaurant just for my own safety, great customer service at that place too...

omg, send some Portillo's this way.... (that's why I asked you Cselby if you have ever been to Chicago, simply because of this place) Wow. One of those wet sandwiches right now.... I might have to open one here

I actually used to work for Dick Portillo's (founder of Portillos) brother Frank, who's the owner of a chicken chain in this area, but actually got to work alongside him several times when I was in high school. I guess they don't really get along too well though.

Anyway, yeah, I do love Portillo's, but I'm actually an even bigger fan of Buena Beef now, they were one of those small places before they just blew up, now just about everyone in the Chicagoland area is within a 20 minute drive of one. I was shocked the first time I ate there and realized that I actually liked it more than Portillo's. There's some other great beef places in the area, but they're not chains or anything. Oh, almost forgot about Al's Beef, not bad there either.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
pooflakes
Starter

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 07:37:25 pm »

Italian bread with pepperjack cheese.  Grilled chicken with Turkey salami and Pepperoni,  Fried Red green and yellow peppers along with Jalaps, fried in a little bit of alove oil.  Add mayo and mustard while on the grill mix together and put into bun.. Best sandwiches i have ever made.

Italian bread what type?? italy is famous for it different type of bread

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 11:46:07 am »

Portillo's is a favorite of mine, but at the same time, you can get dipped sandwiches just about anywhere around here, as it's one of those things that in Chicago is like a "duh" kinda thing, but most of us understand that it's still something that's more of an area thing. I remember finding out that it was a Chicago thing when I was in Kentucky...I gotta say, people in Kentucky don't take kindly to ANYTHING that they don't understand. I thought I was going to have to get a group to take out everyone in that restaurant just for my own safety, great customer service at that place too...

omg, send some Portillo's this way.... (that's why I asked you Cselby if you have ever been to Chicago, simply because of this place) Wow. One of those wet sandwiches right now.... I might have to open one here

I actually used to work for Dick Portillo's (founder of Portillos) brother Frank, who's the owner of a chicken chain in this area, but actually got to work alongside him several times when I was in high school. I guess they don't really get along too well though.

Anyway, yeah, I do love Portillo's, but I'm actually an even bigger fan of Buena Beef now, they were one of those small places before they just blew up, now just about everyone in the Chicagoland area is within a 20 minute drive of one. I was shocked the first time I ate there and realized that I actually liked it more than Portillo's. There's some other great beef places in the area, but they're not chains or anything. Oh, almost forgot about Al's Beef, not bad there either.

Wow, better than Portillo's.... I can't even imagine. I'll have to check Buena Beef out next time i'm in Chicago. Hopefully it's sooner than next years Big Ten Tournament.

I was at Western Michigan University this past weekend for an epic St. Pattys day party and we went to an Italian Beef place that just opened and I got a wet sandwich there hoping it would remind me of Portillo's... How dissapointing that "sandwich" was. I literally wanted to fight whoever made it. They had dry shredded meat somehow and their sauce tasted like water, oil and a bit of pepper. I'm still considering burning it down. Kinda like this...

Burger Shack Employee Scene - Harold & Kumar

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 06:21:54 pm »

Hahahaha! Yeah, it's tough to find good beef outside of Chicago, then again, at times I wish I didn't have it there to tantalize me all the time. I've been thinking about a business idea where I would start a Chicago style restaurant and put it in other cities, focusing on italian beef and sausage as well as deep dish pizza.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 05:11:26 am »

you guys are lasme. you actually researched a picture like that to amuse everyone

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: