Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This just in ...  (Read 2482 times)
Haifa
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 06, 2006, 10:57:19 pm »

Summer League game recap by draftexpress can be found here: http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?

Highlights

Bargnani didn’t waste any time showing us why he was drafted with the 1st overall pick. In the first three minutes of the game he hit one mid-range jumper, one NBA three and two free throws. Bargnani drew quite a few fouls in the first half with his excellent first step and ball-handling skills, so when his defender sagged off him a bit he showed absolutely no hesitation getting off a lightning quick jumper even when off-balance. On one occasion he wowed the crowd with a pretty crossover before pulling up and draining a mid-range jumper off the dribble.  Bargnani struggled a bit defensively and on the glass, but all in all he left a very nice impression with what he showed in the first half. He finished with around 14-16 points.

Bargnani is still passing the ball nicely and not forcing the issue.

Bargnani came back in the 4th quarter and looked a little bit more lively. He got on the board early after a series of unselfish passes between the Raptor starters that saw him end up with the ball in a tough spot under the rim in traffic. Bargnani went up and finished without hesitation using a surprising underhanded flip that caught the defense entirely by surprise. A minute later he continued his good momentum by hitting the offensive glass and coming up with a nice putback dunk.

Sounds like a good begining.  PJ Tucker apparently wasn't a hugh factor and it sounds like Graham did well offensively.
Bryan.Colangelo
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 08:51:22 am »

Bargnani is beggining to seem like the right pick...we'll see if he can keep this play up once the season starts

Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 08:55:25 am »

Lets all chant " IN B.C WE TRUST " Don't judge him till he has done his job. He knows what he is doing.

Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 01:32:03 pm »

Quote from: "Chri§ ßo§h 4"
" IN B.C WE TRUST "

Haifa
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 02:40:21 pm »

I can't wait to see what he does next!

Does anyone else wish they had live coverage of all the going ons at the summer leagues?  Well, ok, at least the Raptor games.
Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 02:43:16 pm »

Yes, Id die to give coverage. The Score let me down id thought they would atleast provide us with some hoops this sumer. Sadely no... Sad

Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 10:04:29 pm »

Quote from: "Haifa"
Does anyone else wish they had live coverage of all the going ons at the summer leagues?  Well, ok, at least the Raptor games.

they've had it on the raptor channel in previous years.  not sure why its not on this year.  i was really looking forward to seeing AB and co.

saham
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 10:12:15 pm »

lets just hope he keeps it up when the season starts........honestly i think he is going to do good, probably going to average 18 points in the first years i guess!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: