Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why I Am Excited For The Offseason  (Read 6379 times)
pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 09:25:35 pm »

felton isnt really a great pg and not what we need and we need to clear out the crap before we can progress and i do mean charlie v and gordan. This team will struggle cause of joe d's mistakes

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 01:52:42 pm »

i'll look at this seriously, Tay will be traded this summer (he will) most likely for a pg (maybe sign and trade with felton so they can save there m.l.e and possibly use it on a big) Ben will probably retire of jump ship[ with a contender(denver?) rip will most likely stay also guys rip contract isnt guaranteed after the second year so basically he's on a 2 year deal (after this season of course) so he has been getting numerous offers from other teams because his contract is favorable so he may be gone aswell.  this is the way im looking at it:

1. We draft cousins
2. Tayshaun for felton (gerald henderson is more of a 2)
3. Rip and maxiell for....... Kevin Love (there talking about re-signing millic who has done quite well with them they will most likely try to complete there team)
4. we still have our mle so we wait it out and see who's left

Roster

Felton- gordon-Jerebko- Love- Cousins
Bynum- Stuckey- Daye/summers- Villi- Wilcox

This is what i HOPE would happen

"I kinda wish we had ivo right now instead of Rip"

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 02:34:00 pm »

i'll look at this seriously, Tay will be traded this summer (he will) most likely for a pg (maybe sign and trade with felton so they can save there m.l.e and possibly use it on a big) Ben will probably retire of jump ship[ with a contender(denver?) rip will most likely stay also guys rip contract isnt guaranteed after the second year so basically he's on a 2 year deal (after this season of course) so he has been getting numerous offers from other teams because his contract is favorable so he may be gone aswell.  this is the way im looking at it:

1. We draft cousins
2. Tayshaun for felton (gerald henderson is more of a 2)
3. Rip and maxiell for....... Kevin Love (there talking about re-signing millic who has done quite well with them they will most likely try to complete there team)
4. we still have our mle so we wait it out and see who's left

Roster

Felton- gordon-Jerebko- Love- Cousins
Bynum- Stuckey- Daye/summers- Villi- Wilcox

This is what i HOPE would happen

"I kinda wish we had ivo right now instead of Rip"

yup when i said that ivo was still 20ppg so yea i stand by that
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 06:35:41 pm »

I like the idea of signing Isiah Thomas this off-season.

hugeneious
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 10:52:12 am »

trade the pick probably cousins charlie and gordon to the knicks for curry gallinari and sign n trade lee

C  - Lee Maxiell Wilcox Curry
PF - Gallinari Jabreko
SF - Prince Daye
SG - Hamilton
PG - Stuckey Bynum
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 04:12:52 pm »

trade the pick probably cousins charlie and gordon to the knicks for curry gallinari and sign n trade lee

C  - Lee Maxiell Wilcox Curry
PF - Gallinari Jabreko
SF - Prince Daye
SG - Hamilton
PG - Stuckey Bynum

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 03:30:26 pm »

Lmao!

Gallinari and "Jabreko"

pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 09:34:53 pm »

charlie v and ben gordon for turk and bosh  Wink

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 10:08:04 pm »

our most likely draft choice is cousins and i think he fits well here all depends on the lottery but currently we are in range of 3-6 we can not get lower then 7 based on the lottery rules and its extremely unlikely for us to get 7 so basically we are looking at picks 3-5 at 3 we take cousins 4 favors 5 cole
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 08:28:11 pm »

I see a lot of wishful thinking in here. the Pistons need to crack the top 3. If one or two teams bounce into the top 3, Detroit could be looking at the 6th or 7th pick, which will not yield a John Wall, let alone a DeMarcus Cousins. Cousins won't last past the 4th pick.

Detroit is in a stalemate. Their lottery pick is the only hope of true improvement this coming season. Sure, some people would like to see Dumars use the MLE on Raymond Felton, but the Bobcats are eying the sixth seed in the playoffs. Why on Earth would Felton want to leave the Cats now? Furthermore, why would the Cats want Felton to leave now that's he's developing into a quality NBA PG? Larry Brown loves his point guards, he's going to be in Jordan's ear to keep him around, especially as he's soured on the idea of DJ Augustin being the future PG of the Cats.

Detroit may as well be Minnesota in terms of basketball appeal. No quality player will want to come to a team with no clear nucleus, bogged down with bad contracts and guards who like to chuck the ball.

The lottery is our only hope at turning this ship around. I would say this team was in free fall mode, but I think it's already made a splat on the street down below.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:30:12 pm by thetravellingpalmer » Logged
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 03:42:30 pm »

I see a lot of wishful thinking in here. the Pistons need to crack the top 3. If one or two teams bounce into the top 3, Detroit could be looking at the 6th or 7th pick, which will not yield a John Wall, let alone a DeMarcus Cousins. Cousins won't last past the 4th pick.

Detroit is in a stalemate. Their lottery pick is the only hope of true improvement this coming season. Sure, some people would like to see Dumars use the MLE on Raymond Felton, but the Bobcats are eying the sixth seed in the playoffs. Why on Earth would Felton want to leave the Cats now? Furthermore, why would the Cats want Felton to leave now that's he's developing into a quality NBA PG? Larry Brown loves his point guards, he's going to be in Jordan's ear to keep him around, especially as he's soured on the idea of DJ Augustin being the future PG of the Cats.

Detroit may as well be Minnesota in terms of basketball appeal. No quality player will want to come to a team with no clear nucleus, bogged down with bad contracts and guards who like to chuck the ball.

The lottery is our only hope at turning this ship around. I would say this team was in free fall mode, but I think it's already made a splat on the street down below.

nets
minny
Gsw
Was

these are teams that dont need cousins

as of now i think the value scale is like this

1. John wall 2. evan Turner 3. Wesley johnson 4 Cousins/favors

look above and see what the teams need more

Nets- John wall
Minny- Evan turner (biggest need is a sg)
Gsw- Derrick Favors (they run the uptempo game cousins is a half court Big)
Washington- Wesley johnson
Pistons- Demarcus Cousins

the season is still in a toss up for the lottery picks 3-6 my money has the pistons on 5th possibly which is in cousins range or Favors range although i think favors will go quicker then cousins
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 05:14:37 am »

ALL of those teams would take Cousins! Minnie maybe being the close exception, but putting Al at PF and Cousins at C makes sense. the other 3 teams would definitely start him at the PF or C spot.
Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 03:04:14 pm »

NBAdraft.net has us taking Greg Monroe from Georgetown

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 05:15:04 pm »

I love that idea.

Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 12:58:13 pm »

I love that idea.

not i said the fly. 2 cant miss players are within range for us. Cousins and Favors.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: