Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Darren Collison  (Read 1759 times)
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« on: March 19, 2010, 06:11:25 am »

It would be a shame to see him rot on the bench next season. I don't see how you could effectively play him and Paul on the court at the same time.

Darren Collison, Mo Pete's expiring and their 1st rounder for Michael Beasley, Daequan Cook and their 1st rounder?

Paul
Thornton
Beasley
West
Okafor

Collison
Wade
Richardson
Boozer
O'Neal

Other Collison trade ideas?
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:18:16 am »

i wouldn't trade collison for a guy like beasley straight up, let alone swapping the 1st rounders. miami won't do it either, they seem to biased on him
jmlamerson
Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:37:34 pm »

New Orleans is probably not able to trade Okafor unless they do it in conjunction with CP3.  His contract is too bad.  I do think they could trade Collison with Posey to clear cap room.  Assuming the Pacers lose out on the Wall sweepstakes, how about:

Posey, Songalia, and Collison to the Pacers for Dunleavy, Price, and a conditional first. 
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:55:37 pm »

New Orleans is probably not able to trade Okafor unless they do it in conjunction with CP3.  His contract is too bad.  I do think they could trade Collison with Posey to clear cap room.  Assuming the Pacers lose out on the Wall sweepstakes, how about:

Posey, Songalia, and Collison to the Pacers for Dunleavy, Price, and a conditional first. 
That sucks for the Hornets... they're better off doing Paul for Granger
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 04:10:14 pm »

It would have to be Paul for Granger pluss this years first rounder.  Or Collison for this years first rounder + a player or 2 to make it look sweet.  Basically it wont happen.  How about Baron Davis and Eric Gordon Pluss exchanging this years first rounder for CP3?? or Eric Gordon for Collison??

"I hope death is like a big French orgasm."

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." - Lil_flip_remix
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »

It would have to be Paul for Granger pluss this years first rounder.  Or Collison for this years first rounder + a player or 2 to make it look sweet.  Basically it wont happen.  How about Baron Davis and Eric Gordon Pluss exchanging this years first rounder for CP3?? or Eric Gordon for Collison??

you'd do that as a NOH fan?  Huh
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 06:58:17 pm »

you'd do that as a NOH fan?  Huh

Name one trade that is fair for NOH that doesn't involve LBJ, Kobe, Durant, or Wade?  If you expect to get dollar for dollar for a CP3 trade thats hilarious.  That's the best trade I can think of for CP3 that the other team would actually do.

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." - Lil_flip_remix
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 07:12:18 pm »

well, to me baron davis has a bad contract and you don't trade your best player & top 10 player in the league for a bad contract, a prospect and a pick SWAP (moving up 2 spots).
tchman58
Star

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 08:25:28 pm »

Hawks would trade Joe Johnson for cp3 straight up. Gives the hawks a Paul horford Josh smith core to build around and would give the hornets collison-thorton-Joe Johnson in the starting lineup. I think it's about as good of value as NO could get talent wise
tchman58
Star

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:35:32 pm »

I got another idea involving Joe Johnson. Trade collison, NOH lottery pick, and peja's expiring for Joe Johnson in a sign and trade. The hornets instantly become contenders with cp3, Joe, okafor,west as their core. All 4 are relatively young and should have a good 4 years together at least. They'd still have songalia, mo pete, thornton, and posey as role players.

For the hawks they'd get a true pg that has looked great this season. He'd have bibby as a mentor for 2 years. They would also get cap space that they need to resign horford and a top 10 pick. With the pick they could get a potential replacement for Joe that could develop beside collison. Whatcha think?
Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 09:02:40 pm »

i like it
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 08:58:14 am »

Both those trades are really good. 

trej
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 12:28:35 am »

Thats a good trade
humboldt
Star

The official drink of hoopshype

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 09:03:34 am »

I got another idea involving Joe Johnson. Trade collison, NOH lottery pick, and peja's expiring for Joe Johnson in a sign and trade. The hornets instantly become contenders with cp3, Joe, okafor,west as their core. All 4 are relatively young and should have a good 4 years together at least. They'd still have songalia, mo pete, thornton, and posey as role players.

For the hawks they'd get a true pg that has looked great this season. He'd have bibby as a mentor for 2 years. They would also get cap space that they need to resign horford and a top 10 pick. With the pick they could get a potential replacement for Joe that could develop beside collison. Whatcha think?

yeah that trade is good.

. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
HornetsFanOf2012
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:23:53 pm »

I don't know. I like it slightly but Collison seems just too good to let go. Peja's good but he would be a possible player to trade. Would admit, though, that'd be one hell of an offense. Should be considered I guess.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: