Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bargnani is for REAL  (Read 3178 times)
bakax
Journeyman

Respect: +3

« on: July 06, 2006, 11:00:15 pm »

Bargnani got the player of the day honour in the first day of Las Vegas Summer League.

11 *  Andrea Bargnani F 7/11 2/5 4/4 20 0 4 4 6 0 4 2 1 29:46

20 pt 4 rb 2 blk in about 30 min in his debut sounds like a good start.   Cheesy

Note: LaMarcus Aldridge got 8pt-3rb.  He was almost invisible playing 33 min and spent most of his time taking outside shots.  He didn't spend much time in the post...so much about him being our Centre of the future.  I guess he's more of a not so powerful PF.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 11:01:00 pm »

Here is the boxscore.

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/documents/BoxScoresTemp/washington%20v%20toronto-game4.htm

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
_brian
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 07:41:42 am »

Quote from: "bakax"

Note: LaMarcus Aldridge got 8pt-3rb.  He was almost invisible playing 33 min and spent most of his time taking outside shots.  He didn't spend much time in the post...so much about him being our Centre of the future.  I guess he's more of a not so powerful PF.

Not to totally disqualify that notion but really, it's only been one game.  This may infact prove to be the case, who knows, but its way too early to tell.

Two stats that caught my eye tho from the Raptors summer leauge game were Graham getting to the line on 8 trips and P.J. Tucker's 3 offensive boards.  Let's hope to see more of this on a consistent basis.
Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 08:00:33 am »

Very Impressive start for Andrea B. he has proven that the Raptors weren't pulling a Rob Babcock by drafting him at thr #1 pick. And it also secures that the Charlie V. And T.J Ford trade wasn't a gamble if he keeps his game at this level in the NBA.

brat
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 08:47:06 am »

i know its just one game...and against summer-league-ites...but...

i really believe that Bargnani will surprise a lot of ppl this year...even more so than how Charlie surprised the helloutta Stephen A and the rest of the ESPN gang last year.

From what I can gather...anyone who's actually seen Bargnani play says he's the real deal.  The naysayers are usually cats who only saw tapes of his games and have some sort of a North American bias.
bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:28:11 pm »

It may just be one game, but LaMarcus just doesn't seem to have the fire to win or take over.  A lot of talent players just didnt' have the fire and they usually would never reach the All-Star level if they don't have that fire.  Actually he seems to be decent defensively.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 12:38:24 pm »

Andrea does not have the same attention on him like Charlie V. did. You got to understand Charlie was being critized for being drafted #7 and he had alot more to prove. While Andrea wasn't a bad choice for the number one pick. And they understand need a big man, Andrea does have to prove hes the #1 pick but the other players in the draft are weak to so i wouldn't be too worried.

Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 01:30:31 pm »

Quote from: "bakax"

20 pt 4 rb 2 blk in about 30 min in his debut sounds like a good start.   Cheesy

damn

i've read a couple interviews with Sam Mitchell and Jim Todd and when asked about how Bargnani is progressing they give a sly lil smile and say he's doing "OK", as in just wait to you see him for yourself

Nuggets
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 04:24:14 pm »

Quote from: "brat"

From what I can gather...anyone who's actually seen Bargnani play says he's the real deal.  The naysayers are usually cats who only saw tapes of his games and have some sort of a North American bias.

Yea, he really is the REAL deal... I've seen him play a few times actually. His team Benetton was in the same group (euroleague) as slovenian team Union Olimpija so i had a chance to observe him...
And to be honest i was already impressed then...

Raptors fans BC made a great decision drafting him!

Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 07:34:22 pm »

There may have been a few concerns on Andrea. But he wil come out and play his game and amaze people like Charlie did in his rookie season. Just wait and watch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: