Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UFC 111  (Read 1129 times)
SKY
MVP

三小?

Respect: +7

« on: March 28, 2010, 02:01:22 am »

GSP by decision in 5... Unsurprising. But I was really surprised by how resilient Hardy was. I can't believe he survived GSP's armbar AND kimura.

And Shane Carwin put on a show tonight, he killed Mir. I totally expected Lesnar coming up to trashtalk to Carwin as soon as I found out he was at the fight.

Imo, the best fight was the prelim's fight between Wallace and Hamman.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:04:17 am by SKY » Logged
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 04:19:49 am »

That GSP match only solidified how great that guy is on the mat. However, it did make me realize that if he went against anyone with takedown defense and real striking ability, that he'd be in real trouble. GSP showed how dominant he really is there, taking down Hardy at will, but he was never able to seal the deal until the final bell rang. Then again, that's what GSP is, hes a ground guy who will dominate you down there and force you to be down there. If he does go up a weight class, it's going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I honestly give Carwin a shot against Lesnar. That guy's short uppercuts are as powerful as I've seen since a prime Mike Tyson. I do hate Lesnar, and expected him to continue his kiddy BS tour, but bottom line is that he hasn't been able to live up to his duty as a champion, sick or not. That division needed a kick in the rear, but Lesnar is a child, plain and simple.

I agree entirely about the Wallace fight, although my favorite was the Carwin/Mir fight.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 08:17:57 am »

Hardy's a good, strong fighter. Not surprised he gave GSP a bit of a run.

Good for Carwin. I've never really liked Mir, and I'm not sure why. Just something about him.

Soon....
SKY
MVP

三小?

Respect: +7

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 11:24:30 am »

GSP's takedown was unstoppable, but I would like to see him fight in a heavier weight class and see what he can do there. I heard he's relinquishing his title to do wrestling later on though.
RIP ER7trey
a.k.a. iBall EST & iHU$$LE EST & ER7-Trey folife
MVP

where Facial Hair happens...

Respect: +1

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 06:28:27 pm »

dang.. i know you guys heard that mir wanted to kill lesnar like literally break his neck in the ring and looks like he wont get that chance now...

anyone do that go watch it in your theater for six bucks?

sig by bbyao06
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: