Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacers to Sign Marcus Williams  (Read 3398 times)
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

Respect: +30

« on: April 07, 2010, 01:27:55 pm »

The Indiana Pacers are expected to sign Austin Toros standout Marcus Williams for the rest of the season, according to sources close to the situation.

Williams, a 6-foot-7 guard, averaged 24.3 points, 5.4 rebounds and 4.8 assists in eight games for the Austin Toros this season after beginning the year playing in China.

Williams is probably the D-League blogosphere's favorite NBA prospect just because he's so versatile with the additions he's made to his game since he was at Arizona where he was just a gifted scorer with an attitude problem.  Don't worry, though - things have changed.

He was drafted by the Spurs in the second round of the 2007 draft, but didn't make the team and ended up with the Spurs D-League affiliate, the Austin Toros, where he's been developing ever since.  While he's become more of a leader, rounded out his scoring to include a more consistent jump shot and is better on the defensive end, his developing point guard skills is what has me most intrigued.

youngrazzle7
MVP

Respect: +36

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:32:16 pm »

i been wanting him in the nba forever!!!!!!!! lets go marcus!!!

Bulls / Bills / Marlins / Noles
ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: