Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can no longer defend JOB  (Read 2720 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: March 04, 2010, 07:18:02 am »

Dear Larry,

I have been a fan of the Pacers, since moving to Indiana in the mid 1980's and for the last 15 years, I have been  a very loyal follower.  Over the last two years, I have always defended the organization's choices.  I think the trades and draft choices will pay dividends going forward, and have always defended coach in his efforts.  Well, that is until now.

Your coach of choice doesn't seem to understand his team enough.  He wants to play an 8 man rotation, like we are top-heavy with talent.  On paper, our starting 5 will lose to almost every other starting 5 in the league.  Our 8 man rotation, may beat 30% of the other teams top 8, and compete a little better, but will still end up in the lottery.  However, our 12 versus their 12 looks pretty damned good, no matter who the team is.

I would love the chance to run this team for a week.  We could do something that would set the NBA on it's collective butt.  Teams that rely on a short rotation so their big salary guys can play 40+ minutes, would be forced to re-evaluate. 

If you force these teams to play 12, they are in trouble.  The guys on the end of the bench play clean up minutes only, and are there for scrimmages and insurance against injury.  Let's see how their 3rd PG matches up, or how their rookies play when the game matters. 

This wouldn't be that difficult to accomplish and would be fun as hell to watch.  I would love to have a night where 10 players score 12 points each, or 12 players score 10 points each.  How would you prepare for that team???

Give me a call Larry, I have some time free right now...

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:32:02 am »

Yeah i think a new coach is order, this roster will look very different come 11-12 season, hopfully only Rush, Granger, Tyler, Hibbert and John Wall   Tongue  are still on the roster.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 02:57:54 pm »

Dear Larry,

I have been a fan of the Pacers, since moving to Indiana in the mid 1980's and for the last 15 years, I have been  a very loyal follower.  Over the last two years, I have always defended the organization's choices.  I think the trades and draft choices will pay dividends going forward, and have always defended coach in his efforts.  Well, that is until now.

Your coach of choice doesn't seem to understand his team enough.  He wants to play an 8 man rotation, like we are top-heavy with talent.  On paper, our starting 5 will lose to almost every other starting 5 in the league.  Our 8 man rotation, may beat 30% of the other teams top 8, and compete a little better, but will still end up in the lottery.  However, our 12 versus their 12 looks pretty damned good, no matter who the team is.

I would love the chance to run this team for a week.  We could do something that would set the NBA on it's collective butt.  Teams that rely on a short rotation so their big salary guys can play 40+ minutes, would be forced to re-evaluate. 

If you force these teams to play 12, they are in trouble.  The guys on the end of the bench play clean up minutes only, and are there for scrimmages and insurance against injury.  Let's see how their 3rd PG matches up, or how their rookies play when the game matters. 

This wouldn't be that difficult to accomplish and would be fun as hell to watch.  I would love to have a night where 10 players score 12 points each, or 12 players score 10 points each.  How would you prepare for that team???

Give me a call Larry, I have some time free right now...

Your a genius. Just force your opponents to play their worst players instead of their good ones and you'll be golden!

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 01:48:45 pm »

Pretty sure olsons3 is the only Pacers fan in the world.

Soon....
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 02:36:59 pm »

Nope...  There are a lot of us out here, but for many we have lost interest.  The original post date for this thread was a long time ago.  I just think there is more ways to play this game than the one way JOB tends to use.

He wants to run all the time, but then doesn't press after a made basket.  My thought was to wear the opponent down.  Teams in this league are all trying to rely on 8 man rotations, and to play that same game is to say my 8 are better than your 8. 

If a coach does a decent job and realize that our 8 can't go head to head  with their 8, you need to adapt and force 12 vs. 12 by pressing and running.  Extend your defense and wear them down.  You never see a great hockey team run a 10 man rotation, they would fall apart by the end.

Give me 15 guys who want to compete and don't need 12 continuous minutes on the floor to compete.  Just thinking of a decent use for the players we have.

Boom Baby!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: