Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pistons' 2007 Draft  (Read 5753 times)
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« on: March 05, 2007, 07:59:39 pm »

The Pistons have three picks in this year's draft:

1st Round: ORL (from Cato for Arroyo/Milicic trade) (VOID IF PICK IS 1-5)
1st Round: DET
2nd Round: DET

With such a deep draft, what are some players that the Pistons could realistically accquire that would help the team?  IF YOU MENTION A BIG MAN YOU WILL BE...(<insert threat there).  We have enough big men.  Maxiell and Johnson will be very good one day.  As I type, Johnson is tearing up the D-League, earning Player Of The Week honors.  Using the ESPN Mock Draft/Lottery, it seems that most of the good players this year are big men.  Of course, Nazr Mohammed will be gone this off season (be it by trade or being waived) so maybe there is some room to draft another project and move Maxiell further up in the rotation.  But, Johnson would be a 3rd year player by then and no longer eligible for being assigned to the D-League.  So the Pistons need to make a few decisions over the offseason (which is so far away that I can't believe I'm talking about it now), and I am confident in Joe Dumars' decision making process that he has used to our advantage on countless occasions (except for Darko :wink:).

Anyway, basically I'm asking if there is a quality guard out there that we could realistically get and could fit into the rotation to replace Hunter and/or Murray, or a swingman that could back up at the 2/3 for Hamilton and Prince, because Delfino and Dupree are not getting the job done.
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 11:33:40 pm »

Yeah, Acie Law IV from Texas A&M.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 06:47:08 pm »

maybe a pg and sg backups, as lindsey is gettin past his best, and maybe a another big man because dale davis is gone by then and there no tellin if webber will get injured
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 02:45:59 pm »

Detroit won't make any big drafts.

the draft isn't deep, it just has the potentially most promising top picks since the 2003 if Oden, Durant and that dude from Florida goes pro.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 05:14:30 am »

they never draft big or well. they havent had a decent draft pick since theo ratliff, which was way back in 95

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
naptown
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 08:18:13 am »

Quote from: "thetravellingpalmer"

the draft isn't deep, it just has the potentially most promising top picks since the 2003 if Oden, Durant and that dude from Florida goes pro.
The draft is very deep wit big men. An detroit should be looking for a replacement for webber and billups cuz gonna be after a max contract.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 01:46:51 pm »

It's a very promising draft and at least know who your talking about if your going to say something dumb like that.

That "dude" is Joakim Noah.

Soon....
born2behated
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 09:47:26 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
they never draft big or well. they havent had a decent draft pick since theo ratliff, which was way back in 95

umm Tayshaun Prince and Mr. Okur

bballinyao06

wolverine30
legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 08:14:03 am »

Quote from: "born2behated"

maxiell looks good, blalock has been solid considering he was no.60, bonzi wells we drafted then traded, junk yard dog who was a great rebounder and a fans favorite
naptown
Star

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 02:51:28 pm »

Quote from: "born2behated"

How could u miss that??!
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 09:49:02 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"

It's a very promising draft and at least know who your talking about if your going to say something dumb like that.

For the Pistons sake they better hope "that dude from Florida" is Al Horford but he will never fall as low as they have the pick.

The Mavs didn't choke, they got strangled!

^^^Big ups to bballinyao06
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 10:11:53 am »

Quote from: "cselby"

oh snap! MVP Stan is layin' it down on me!

so I don't care about the college game. my loss.  :roll:

but Detroit has drafted a lot of solid talent, already mentioned on here.

Darko wasn't a bad draft pick, he was just drafted too high and was also shown in a bad light because he was part of one of the most star-studded drafts in history. he's a decent role player. he's just not a guy anyone would build a team around.

and Maxiell is the new Rick Mahorn.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 10:21:40 am »

Well if you don't know the college game..then how are you saying it's not a deep draft?

Soon....
naptown
Star

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 11:34:40 am »

Who's that dude from florida there's 4 of them coming out?
legenderypete
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 02:33:53 pm »

Nick Fazekas could be a useful player, he has a decent inside game and a good outside game, has jeff foster like ability to get rebounds without bein athletic, he would be a decent pick
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: