Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Suns - Spurs  (Read 5659 times)
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: April 30, 2010, 05:21:32 am »

Alright, how are we feeling heading into the series?

I'm actually very confident, very close to over-confident at the moment.  With the way the top 6 guys are playing, I just don't see anyway they lose this series.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:34:45 am »

not to be cocky, i know we spurs fans arent cocky, but i predict spurs in 5. spurs win game 1, suns in game 2, then the rest belongs to san antonio

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 04:02:59 pm »

not to be cocky, i know we spurs fans arent cocky, but i predict spurs in 5. spurs win game 1, suns in game 2, then the rest belongs to san antonio

What about Barkley saying that the Suns will win? :p What do you guys think about his comment?

14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:45:57 pm »

What about Barkley saying that the Suns will win? :p What do you guys think about his comment?

More than ever, with these playoffs I really haven't given Barkley's comments much credence.  This is the same guy who said the Spurs had no chance against the Mavs.  I know Barkley is their to kinda be the funny attraction with some of his comments, but its getting to the point were I really only pay attention to what Kenny and C-Webb are saying when they come on.

He has been high on PHX for about 2 months now, saying they are a tougher team that plays defense and not, as he puts it, "that sissy ball."  What he doesn't seem to realize, is the Suns will be playing without Lopez who was a huge part of their defense, and they are back to playing front lines of Amare, Frye, Collins and Amundson.  Portland couldn't really attack that weakness in their series because they don't really have a traditional post up player, Aldridge is more of a fall away, jump shooting big guy.  TD will have the PHX front line for lunch.

Bruce XY, I would say that right now, I'm one of the few cocky Spurs fans heading into the series.  I would be unbelievably shocked if PHX wins this series.  They will have to shoot over 50% from 3 for the entire series for them to have a chance.

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 05:11:53 pm »

i hate being confident in a spurs series regardless of who they're playing... my stomache turns whether they're losing to the kings or losing to the lakers... sometimes i get so frustrated i'll stop watching the game.... hahaha im a pretty die hard fan.... regardless, i think the spurs have a good chance to come out of this series though lot's of analyst are still predicting the favourites and going with the suns in 6 or 7.   George Hill is playing exceptionally well, and because of that is consuming around 40+ minutes a game!!!!! which is great because it allows other players such as tony and manu in the guard spots to get a little bit of rest.... i think we will see a lot of small ball in this series but it'll be depending on some things.... as long as the spurs can defend the pick and roll then and contain the penetration of nash i think they'll be ok.  The thing now is that george hill will be able to guard nash, and he has the length and quickness to guard him well....

I am in the same boat as spurs fans and i am feeling fairly confident about the series, a lot more confident then against the mavs or even the potential of portland....

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 06:52:40 pm »

i hate being confident in a spurs series regardless of who they're playing... my stomache turns whether they're losing to the kings or losing to the lakers... sometimes i get so frustrated i'll stop watching the game.... hahaha im a pretty die hard fan.... regardless, i think the spurs have a good chance to come out of this series though lot's of analyst are still predicting the favourites and going with the suns in 6 or 7.   George Hill is playing exceptionally well, and because of that is consuming around 40+ minutes a game!!!!! which is great because it allows other players such as tony and manu in the guard spots to get a little bit of rest.... i think we will see a lot of small ball in this series but it'll be depending on some things.... as long as the spurs can defend the pick and roll then and contain the penetration of nash i think they'll be ok.  The thing now is that george hill will be able to guard nash, and he has the length and quickness to guard him well....

I am in the same boat as spurs fans and i am feeling fairly confident about the series, a lot more confident then against the mavs or even the potential of portland....

Couldn't agree more with that last statement.  I did notice on ESPN, 8 of the 10 analysts are picking the Spurs which I thought was interesting.

I also agree there could be more small ball from the Spurs in this series, which worries me that possibly Mason will get more time.  I like him, he seems very professional, but his shot has just been off for the 2nd half of the year.  I would much prefer Bogans getting more minutes, especially when you consider we will need him in a potential match up with the Lakers next round.  However, I do think Bonner will get more minutes in the series, and his 3-point shooting should be a big weapon.

I also want to see the Spurs run their offense through Nash at times, meaning when they play Parker, Manu, and Hill together whomever Nash is guarding have them run a high screen and roll every trip down the court.  Attempt to weardown Nash as much as possible.  The more minutes we see Dragic the better.

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 08:51:22 am »

i think whoever nash is guarding whether it be parker or hill, they have to attack him hard.... this should be a series where tony parker explodes for points with his quickness getting to the hoop... Nash has been bothered by hip problems so setting hard screens on him and making george hill and tony parker punish the lane hard would be a good idea.... hopefully it get's to the point where he just can't sustain the punishment the spurs will give him..... Let's get robert horry in there, hip check him and get him out for the series lol

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 09:55:27 am »

i was too cocky. the spurs wont win in 5. theyll do it in 4

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 05:00:08 pm »

Hahaha I wish they'd do it in four

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 09:27:16 pm »

Soon....
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 10:21:08 pm »

yeah well you might win for the first time in 10 years. plus it aint over yet

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 01:09:51 am »

yeah well you might win for the first time in 10 years. plus it aint over yet

kk.

Soon....
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 05:32:51 am »

sorry raptors fan but i just hate how they got the 3-0 lead. they switched on duncan and shot very good on 3s. thats midget basketball or sissy or whatever charles calls it. now i feel the same as he did

two-time
a.k.a. Escalade
Star

Respect: +13

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 01:38:34 pm »

GG

too bad the suns now will struggle to put up a fight now Sad

^^sickness by bbyao
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 07:44:46 pm »

GG

too bad the suns now will struggle to put up a fight now Sad

Are you really that doom and gloom about your Suns?  I think they can still be successful by being even more unconventional than they already were.  I think Lopez and Warrick can be halfway decent pick and roll players.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: