Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: @Chrisbosh on twitter he just posted it so tweet away and tellem to stay...  (Read 3282 times)
Chapel
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: April 30, 2010, 05:16:11 pm »

I think it's what's best for the team and for him imho.

http://twitter.com/chrisbosh

Ok... Let me rephrase the question. Should I stay or should I go?

Chapel
ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:44 pm »

Realgm people believe that Chris Bosh did not write this.... If he did write this then he loses a lot of points in my books.
Newt
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:49:19 pm »

Realgm people believe that Chris Bosh did not write this.... If he did write this then he loses a lot of points in my books.

Agreed.  If Bosh did post that, it's the most unprofessional thing that he's ever done as a Rap.

I really dislike all of this social media BS.  I mean I realize it's the athletes that should use common sense when posting something for all the world to see, but most don't.  Such a distraction.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:37:16 pm »

But this account is a VERIFIED account. That means they check to guarantee that he is the real person (look at the top right when you click on the link)

He rephrased it he is basically asking opinions on why he should stay or go. Im gonna tell him to leave  Cool

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:49:33 pm »

Twitter is so f*cking dumb.

Soon....
chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 01:27:31 am »

I love it, whatever we say won't sway him away either way, but still great thing to do.

Chapel
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 08:33:17 am »

Must be legit if it's on the Raps NBA home page (now)

http://www.nba.com/raptors//index_main.html

at least we can see evidence that he really doesn't know what he wants to do yet?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:39:19 am by Chapel » Logged

Chapel
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 09:28:25 am »

I don't think this is unproffesional of him or anything (if it is even him). He's obviously not going to be like, "well, 500 of my Twitter followers said stay but only 498 said go, so I guess I will stay." He knows its a huge social medium and he's just trying to see what the fans think.

Soon....
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 12:00:58 pm »

If anything I think he's using a social medium to open up to his fans, no harm done in my opinion.  This should absolutely have no bearing on his "professional" dealings with this or any other club.   

DeMar DeRozan: Heading to practice.  ANOTHER DAY TO GET BETTER. Over 1 hour ago
ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 04:30:30 pm »

I don't think this is unproffesional of him or anything (if it is even him). He's obviously not going to be like, "well, 500 of my Twitter followers said stay but only 498 said go, so I guess I will stay." He knows its a huge social medium and he's just trying to see what the fans think.
No I know that he's not gonna base his decision on that, I just think its a little unprofessional. I think he is just doing it to build some hype about him this offseason.
oakley
Starter

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 11:35:34 am »

Twitter is so f*cking dumb.

^ This. Though, as much as I despise twitter, athletes like Terrell Owens and others were asking these "fun but useless" types of questions on their websites before this medium ever existed.

If it was his idea or his agent's to do this to create some hype, it worked, because during the ESPN games on Friday, the ticker had a headline of Bosh's twitter question cycle every few minutes (during Hawks/Bucks and Lakers/Thunder games). People can say what they want about Bosh, but the guy knows how to market himself (the youtube all-star voting video, Tonight Show, now this).

While we're on this social media thing, I really think he and Steve Nash would make great teammates, with both sharing a similar affinity to these types of media, and both also have quirky personalities, at times. On the court, they would mesh pretty well, too, IMO.

S&T: Bosh <> Amare? I haven't heard this scenario yet, probably because it is very unlikely to happen, but there is that lineage with Colangelo drafting him. While Phoenix would win that deal straight-up, with Bosh being marginally better (rebounding, scoring, getting to the line, mid-range), the question is, would Toronto prefer Stoudemire over Lee, Bynum (injured again right now) or any of the other names that have been floated around.

Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 12:30:47 pm »

I think Amare has the ability to take-over a game more than Bosh at this stage in his career.  We would be getting a steal, but then again before the all-star break his name was being thrown about for far less.

DeMar DeRozan: Heading to practice.  ANOTHER DAY TO GET BETTER. Over 1 hour ago
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 12:53:54 pm »

Amare? ew.

Soon....
Big Fundemental
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 01:32:33 pm »

Chris Bosh is like that awkward loser in the school trying to act cool, and failing to a hilarious extent. No knock on the guy, just everything he does makes me think socially inept.
oakley
Starter

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 05:01:23 pm »

Amare? ew.

There could be a name out there that we're not seeing right now that is better. Colangelo's options are very limited.

Thing is with Lee, for example -- with the cap coming in at 1 or 2 million more than what most people were expecting, the Knicks do not have to renounce his rights if they want to accommodate 2 max players. I don't know if that's been talked much about, but that is the case now. For that reason, Lee could be out of the conversation.

Bynum would be better than Amare, because he would solve the center position, but he has recurring knee issues. Also, the Lakers would have Bosh and Gasol (with Odom) as their featured frontcourt? I know the Buss family is rich, but 2 max players plus Gasol's deal that is almost a max deal on one team is hefty, plus they have Odom and Artest in really long contracts, as well. That, and remember the talk after the Lakers lost to the Celtics was they didn't have a big inside presence. Adding Bosh and subtracting Bynum would take them back to 2 years ago, not enough inside muscle to contend with the Howard's, Noah's, Lopez's (both), etc. Not to mention the most obvious; Gasol and Bosh would be redundant to the Lakers.

The other names the Chicago fanboys have been throwing around: Hinrich? Deng? Ugh. Then there's Miami and Beasley's name being thrown around. I don't know about you, but Amare, as lazy as he can be at times, I feel is a lot better fit here than any of those players.

Another possibility could be Yao, but the injury thing applies to him, also.

Two other names that just crossed my mind: Chris Kaman, Nene. Two thirds of the Clippers' roster comes off the books this summer plus a new GM will be in place by then, so a total overhaul could be coming. With Denver, they might want to shake things up after their disappointing playoff showing.

Maybe the best option would be to let him walk if the best they could get is Deng or Beasley. Who knows what will happen for certain?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: