Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: @Chrisbosh on twitter he just posted it so tweet away and tellem to stay...  (Read 3281 times)
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »

Amare? ew.
I mean, Stoudemire's a respectable player in this league, and much better than the Beasley's, Deng's etc. name's that have been thrown around.  Kaman I like but I don't think he makes us much tougher than Bargs at Center, and Nene's a good role guy, but again would kind of be settling rather than going after a major piece in rebuilding.  Not to say that I would start with Amare if I was Colangelo, but he may have to take the best of what's out there or walk like you said.  I'd still be holding out for Noah, or that proposed Rocket's deal, or even a healthy Bynum, but we're probably dreaming.     

DeMar DeRozan: Heading to practice.  ANOTHER DAY TO GET BETTER. Over 1 hour ago
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

Respect: +3

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 12:06:23 am »

As good as Bynum can be when he's healthy.. the bottom line is that he just hasnt been.. ever, over his whole NBA career, which is a concern to me.
And if he cant stay healthy when he's surrounded by other go-to options like Kobe, Gasol, Odom etc.. can you see him being healthy on a Raps team where he will be the primary option in the post and probably take twice as much banging as he does now?

Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 01:48:13 am »

Amare? ew.

There could be a name out there that we're not seeing right now that is better. Colangelo's options are very limited.

Thing is with Lee, for example -- with the cap coming in at 1 or 2 million more than what most people were expecting, the Knicks do not have to renounce his rights if they want to accommodate 2 max players. I don't know if that's been talked much about, but that is the case now. For that reason, Lee could be out of the conversation.

Bynum would be better than Amare, because he would solve the center position, but he has recurring knee issues. Also, the Lakers would have Bosh and Gasol (with Odom) as their featured frontcourt? I know the Buss family is rich, but 2 max players plus Gasol's deal that is almost a max deal on one team is hefty, plus they have Odom and Artest in really long contracts, as well. That, and remember the talk after the Lakers lost to the Celtics was they didn't have a big inside presence. Adding Bosh and subtracting Bynum would take them back to 2 years ago, not enough inside muscle to contend with the Howard's, Noah's, Lopez's (both), etc. Not to mention the most obvious; Gasol and Bosh would be redundant to the Lakers.

The other names the Chicago fanboys have been throwing around: Hinrich? Deng? Ugh. Then there's Miami and Beasley's name being thrown around. I don't know about you, but Amare, as lazy as he can be at times, I feel is a lot better fit here than any of those players.

Another possibility could be Yao, but the injury thing applies to him, also.

Two other names that just crossed my mind: Chris Kaman, Nene. Two thirds of the Clippers' roster comes off the books this summer plus a new GM will be in place by then, so a total overhaul could be coming. With Denver, they might want to shake things up after their disappointing playoff showing.

Maybe the best option would be to let him walk if the best they could get is Deng or Beasley. Who knows what will happen for certain?

you know what would be a bad *** deal for him? Al Jefferson and Kevin Love.............that would never happen though, lol. No way would he agree to Minnesota though I must say Minny also has some attractive piece though.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 11:12:58 am »

Amare? ew.
I mean, Stoudemire's a respectable player in this league, and much better than the Beasley's, Deng's etc. name's that have been thrown around.  Kaman I like but I don't think he makes us much tougher than Bargs at Center, and Nene's a good role guy, but again would kind of be settling rather than going after a major piece in rebuilding.  Not to say that I would start with Amare if I was Colangelo, but he may have to take the best of what's out there or walk like you said.  I'd still be holding out for Noah, or that proposed Rocket's deal, or even a healthy Bynum, but we're probably dreaming.     

I know Amare is better than Deng or Beasley, I just hate him. His defense sucks, he doesn't jump for rebounds (a problem this team already deals with on a significant level) and I think he's a bit of a difficult character. Repalcing Bosh with him would leave us precisely at the same level we are now, and possibly worse. Adding a player like Nene or Kaman or an athletic wing like Deng at least gives us a chance to give the team a new look and go in a direction we haven't before.

Soon....
Newt
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 01:32:21 pm »

As long as we have Bargs, he needs to be a PF.  Like Cselby said, adding another PF is leaving us where we are now, maybe worse.  I'm higher on Amare then some of you, I like him a lot but we need a center/wing a lot more.
oakley
Starter

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 04:45:11 pm »

I agree with everything you guys are saying on Amare, it's just that no matter if it is Bosh or Amare or Beasley playing PF here next season, they need to get a center, regardless, if that is one of the team's most pressing issues. The only difference in taking back a starting caliber PF in a Bosh S&T would be having to still look for a C and possibly moving Bargnani or making him a 6th man.

It isn't necessary that they address their need for a "back to the basket" player in a Bosh trade. They still have Evans, Banks, and Bellinelli that could easily be shopped as expiring deals, and they are most likely going to trade Calderon or Jack.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:48:33 pm by oakley » Logged

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 04:52:23 pm »

I think I will cry if they trade Jack.

Soon....
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 12:25:54 am »

I might have to join you..
If we start the year again as Calderon as the 'starting' PG for the Raptors, Im going to lose my ***.
1st, because he peaked physically 2 years ago, he's just not athletic enough to keep up with starting PG's today or to stay healthy.  2nd, because that would probably mean we did trade Jack, as I think it's pretty clear there needs to be a 1/2 split and this tandem thing just aint working out, it would probably mean Jack got packaged in a deal for help in other areas.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 09:45:28 am »

Not only that, but Jack quickly became my favourite player on the team with his bulldog mentality. He's one of the few players on the team intent on attacking the rim.

Soon....
Newt
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 09:55:19 am »

Not only that, but Jack quickly became my favourite player on the team with his bulldog mentality. He's one of the few players on the team intent on attacking the rim.

Not only that, he is the only guy on the team with that "swagger" that we're sorely missing.  This team is too nice, too easy going, missing that passion that we all want to see.  You can tell when Jack gets mad, he gets a certain look about him and you know that he's gonna play his *ss off.  I love that.

I'd rather see a passionate group of players busting their tail every night and have losing record then watching a talented group of guys with no apparent "heart" go out and play .500 basketball and smile about it.

Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 10:58:52 am »

A cry for attention?
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 11:48:15 am »

True, the team lacks that warrior attitude / streetball mentality ; Jack is one of the few people on the Raps that actually look like they give a *** when they're on the court. I'd rather watch a team that battles and fights every game and ends up with less wins than a group of people that feel entitled and play with no heart.

oakley
Starter

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 09:04:05 am »

I'd prefer if they kept Jack and traded Calderon, but the sad truth is Jack is the easier one to trade if only because of his contract. *sighs* -- back to square one.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 09:28:46 am »

Am I the only one who thinks Colangelo needs to be canned?

Soon....
oakley
Starter

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 10:00:43 am »

Am I the only one who thinks Colangelo needs to be canned?

There's no point now. MLSE picked up his extra year option in February. Unless they mutually agree to terminate the deal so he could go to New Jersey.....

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: