Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: @Chrisbosh on twitter he just posted it so tweet away and tellem to stay...  (Read 3280 times)
Newt
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 10:03:47 am »

I personally want to see how this off season pans out.  Regardless of our personal opinions of him he still has more pull and appeal around the league then most GM's.

I'm hoping for a bit of a youth movement without signing anymore big contracts.  At this point, assuming Bosh leaves which I hope he does I don't want to see the "quick fix" like the past two years, I'd rather try to build a team.  The only way I want to see a big splash is if something really outstanding becomes available.  Other then that I'm really liking the sound of the options Houston has, preferably with some picks included.

Anyway, I got off on a bit of a tangent but I'll give BC one more shot, let's see how he does.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 04:17:26 pm »

Am I the only one who thinks Colangelo needs to be canned?

No, I still want him to stay. Or maybe we should rehire Rob Babcock? Cheesy

Give him one more chance....................I know I am going to

@Newt I love the Rockets deals as well and have been high on it for a while, I also think deals with San Antonio and New Orleans could (with Collison or Paul) also be good for us. I just HOPE we don't trade Bosh in the east because what happened with us with Vince Carter and New Jersey will happen again. Then again if he wants to go to the East that is another thing entirely

AirForceNone
All-Star

Respect: +18

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 05:14:30 pm »

I have faith that BC can create a good team just not a great one.

He is too focused on offence.....and for that reason I'm out lol.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 05:19:15 pm »

Give him another chance...why so he can stock up on more bad contracts and irrelevant players. I mean think about he has set the team up with some serious bad contracts right at the same time his star player is about to leave. It will take some serious magic to turn this team around in my opinion.

Colangelo...has had a couple base hits but strikes out when swinging for a home run

He has scored a few nice goals but doesn't care to help his teammates

He has a strong arm but his accuracy is just horrible

Capable of driving the ball a long way but when it comes down to the putting green he chokes

etc..

Soon....
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 11:52:51 pm »

Give him another chance...why so he can stock up on more bad contracts and irrelevant players. I mean think about he has set the team up with some serious bad contracts right at the same time his star player is about to leave. It will take some serious magic to turn this team around in my opinion.

Colangelo...has had a couple base hits but strikes out when swinging for a home run

He has scored a few nice goals but doesn't care to help his teammates

He has a strong arm but his accuracy is just horrible

Capable of driving the ball a long way but when it comes down to the putting green he chokes

etc..

If you think about it, despite some huge contracts the little things he did were really some great things. Drafting Derozan we will see how that plays out but getting Weems, Amir, Belli, Jack, and Wright for basically nothing was a great start. I dont think Wright will be back but these other guys should be locked up tight.

If you think about it, I think he can make that move where he moves a huge contract when he first came to the Raps no one expected 47 wins and he did it. He was able to assemble good talent on his own with Parker and Jorge who helped us out a lot. Its too bad about Garbo's injury cause I seriously think he would of been a big part of our franchise now.

AlienOverlord
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 08:21:04 am »

Bosh didn't even make third team all NBA, can he really demand max money?
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 08:29:29 am »

Colangelo needs to stay this season to fix his mistakes. If Bosh leaves, you see what type of path he puts you on by next years trade deadline and if it's not a good one, fire him and have a new GM in place by next season's draft, it's that simple. However, his contract and the fact he should be forced to make initial attempts at cleaning up the mess he made would make me lean towards keeping him this year for sure.
Newt
Starter

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 01:04:16 pm »

Well let's look at it a different way.

Bosh wanted Turk.  That move was made to keep Bosh happy because BC had to do something to prove to Bosh that he was commited to building a winner.  A different off season with a different stock of FA's, we probably would have had someone else other then Turk.  Who else was available that Bosh would have been happy with?  Ariza possibly but if I recall he wasn't interested.  I know Barnes would have been awesome but he wouldn't have made Bosh happy.  BC also had to over pay Turk to get him from Portland.  

Calderon, he's been a dissapointment since he signed the big contract.  I personally thought the 10mill per for Jose was a deal at the time, locking up a good point guard on the rise. Unfortunately he hasn't lived up to expectations and I don't really fault BC for that, I think any GM would have done the same.

I'm still on board wth Bargs contract because I think that if we finally pair him with a center he will be worth every penny and even more. Maybe I'm wrong.

So at the end of the day his hand was forced on the Turk deal.  Calderons deal was good at the time, Jose has just s**t to bed and I personally think Bargs is worth it.

iNow consider the magic that he worked after signing Turk, everyone thought he was out of money to make more moves.  He pulled a serious rabbit or two out of the hat with some creative dealings. A lot of GM's wouldn't have been able to do that and I recall that most people were pretty excited with what he was able to accomplish after signing Turk, I know I was.

It's been a dissapointing couple of seasons but I want to see one more season to see what he does to right the ship.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:06:37 pm by Newt » Logged
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2010, 12:29:53 am »

You make some good points and I know I'm being a little pessimistic...but what can he really do to right the ship at this point? At best it's going to be a team of 5-6 new faces again and they're going to win 35-40 games but again miss the playoffs. It just seems like the team has been going in circles for a while now, but I am excited for the offseason, we can only wait and see.

Soon....
Newt
Starter

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2010, 06:16:39 am »

I hate to say it but I'm ok with another .500ish season if it means we've ridded the team of bad contracts and are set up for the future.  I can except a 35-40 win season if it means the team has a bright future.  What I'm sick of is the dissapointment of watching the "great team" that didn't pan out.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2010, 01:25:55 pm »

I hate to say it but I'm ok with another .500ish season if it means we've ridded the team of bad contracts and are set up for the future.  I can except a 35-40 win season if it means the team has a bright future.  What I'm sick of is the dissapointment of watching the "great team" that didn't pan out.

I agree with this,
I would rather win 30-40 games without Turkoglu and Bosh then win 20 or so games with still paying turkoglu, id give up the draft pick we would obtain from bombing a season if it would mean we could get turkoglu the hell out of here.
oakley
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 12:42:55 pm »

Defense, defense, defense. This is the heart of the matter and I've been saying it for the longest time, even when this team had that good run during the middle of this past season.

I could honestly care less if they lose Bosh (S&T or not) because it's not the end of the world. People, do not forget what Milwaukee did this season. They lost their all-star guard for the entire season and even lost their star big man right before the playoffs, yet still managed to give Atlanta a huge scare.

Yeah, I know, Atlanta is showing some huge cracks in their armor now against the Magic, but this is still the same team that whooped this sorry bunch a few times this year. Even if you take Bosh off this roster, compare the remaining Raptors roster to the Bucks roster of this past season (without Redd, but with Bogut), who out there could honestly say Milwaukee had a better team on paper?

The Bucks were one of the league's most atrocious offensive teams; all the stats around showed they had no reason to even finish with the record they did, but they did. Why? How? Defense. Yes, this very team managed to play defense with players like Delfino, and decrepit, old men like Stackhouse & Thomas, not to mention a few other outcasts.

It's been well-documented what Phoenix has done. In the last third of the season when most (myself included) thought they'd fade away and perhaps even miss the playoffs, they changed their philosophy to emphasize team defense. They realized that despite having a weak defender in Nash and a lazy defender in Stoudemire, their "team defense" approach, led by the emerging Lopez, not to mention old man Hill's renaissance was key. Now, even with Lopez missing the first two rounds, they were able to maintain this approach to achieve real success for the only the second time (you could argue first) in the Nash era.

IMO, a major change in philosophy is the only way to turn things around. Can old dogs learn new tricks? I don't see Colangelo embracing defense after over a decade in the league, touting the same old all offense/no defense ****.

The bad news is Colangelo and Triano are here for at least another year. The good news is Colangelo is in his final year of his current deal, and Triano has a team option for 11/12.

Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 12:51:05 pm »

Gherardini says that he'd expect 3 or 4 new faces this season, confirming Selby's prior statement.

My question if he expects 3 or 4 faces to help improve or 3 or 4 new faces because they're going to try to dump all the baggage?

If so, what young pieces are out their that teams would be willing to deal, that you'd be interested in?

Rudy Fernendez is one guy that wants a place to play that I think could help if rebuilding were to occur. Also, it seems like one of the Warriors many young big men would be available.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: