Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: splitter to come over?  (Read 1878 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: May 23, 2010, 02:51:32 pm »

During yesterday broadcast of Celtics-Magic, Eduardo Agra, of ESPN Brasil, who was broadcasting the game, said he talked with Tiago's agent and he said they are already talking with the Spurs.

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 09:26:55 am »

i would imagine they've been talking to him for a while.... let's hope he comes over.... they'd have to offer him the full mle though to likely come over right>?

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:45:40 pm »

All I can do is just hope and think good thoughts.

Don't know if you folks listen to the 48minutesofhell podcast, but recently on there one of the guys said that most GM's he has talked to expect Splitter to be with the Spurs next season.  They were also trying to throw out the idea that it may not take the full MLE and that a contract similiar to Scola's 3 year deal with the Rockets that was worth about 13 million would do the trick.  I have my doubts about that.

I'm hoping some good news will come in the coming weeks before the draft that will let us know what his plans are.  Taking money out of the equation, this really is the best time for him to come over though.  25 years old when next season starts, if he takes a 3 year deal, then he can get a max deal from the spurs as he enters his prime.  Plus he would now be a starter and a big part of the offense as Duncan is slowing down.  It just makes perfect basketball sense for him to come now, rather than waiting 2 more seasons should he opt in for the remainder of his European contract.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: