Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This Team Doesn't Look Like It Has Any Direction...  (Read 1557 times)
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

Respect: 0

« on: May 18, 2010, 10:23:53 pm »

Im lost on what the Pistons can do to make themselves a legit team again. Our roster is filled with a bunch of guys who have to take 10 shots to make 3 shots and a bunch of guys whose stock has severely fallen the past few years. I cant even think of a team that would realistically want to trade for rip and tay, let alone villanueva or gordon. And lets face it, Stuckey and Bynum are pretty overrated. Jerebko will be soon. Were screwed.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:48:25 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:27:41 am »

Don't be so optimistic. Tayshaun was playing out of his mind when he came back from injury consistently getting 20+ ppg not to mention he's an expiring contract. Rip neaRly averaged 20 ppg despite being injured throughout the season. Valuable young players in daye and jerebko, and the 7th pick. This team is going to be so different by the time next season rolls around. Joe d has way more talent at his disposal then the first time he rebuilt the pistons.

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:34:37 am »

Don't be so optimistic. Tayshaun was playing out of his mind when he came back from injury consistently getting 20+ ppg not to mention he's an expiring contract. Rip neaRly averaged 20 ppg despite being injured throughout the season. Valuable young players in daye and jerebko, and the 7th pick. This team is going to be so different by the time next season rolls around. Joe d has way more talent at his disposal then the first time he rebuilt the pistons.

+2

Tayshaun prince will be a nice trade chip along with rip theres teams that garner both for there contracts rip contract is not fully guaranteed he only is guaranteed next season and season after that he is on a two year deal right now basically.  &th pick could be a surprise like brook lopez and jennings esque fans are so quick to give up.
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:04:08 pm »

I think a Rodney Stuckey and Rip for Tony Parker scenario is legit (to me). It works well for both teams if the Spurs are really looking to move Parker.

Prince is a great piece to have. Detroit can let his contract expire and resign him to a cheaper deal. They can trade him for a young piece, or draft picks that can help in the future, or they can package him in a trade with an undesirable contract to help their cap situation in the long term. Prince is a win-win-win player this year, unless of course, they trade him for a terrible player on a terrible contract, but I don't think Joe D would do that.....would he?
eSGee
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 01:31:00 am »

I really feel you on the lack of direction this team seems to have. I've been staying optimistic by hoping that Joe D has a grand plan in mind.
bmoss12
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:26:37 pm »

I think what they need to do is trade down to number 11 New Orleans Hornets doing a swap someway for Collison and draft Patterson!

BMOSS BABY!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: