Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Flip Murray  (Read 7663 times)
BigZack1428
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 08, 2006, 08:17:44 am »

I think that he would be the perfect back-up to Rip. What do you guys think of the Pistons pursuing him?
Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 03:24:33 pm »

I don't think Flip wants to be a backup. He is a guy that think he can start for a NBA team and i would agree with him.

Cross
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 08:28:47 pm »

If he were to start, he wouldnt be very good.

He can't shoot nor play the best D. He's not fast but he can get to the hoop.

I think he would be agood player off the bench for us

Place to talk Pistons basketball and more!
Becar
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 04:14:05 pm »

I think he could actually start somewhere. Does anyone remember what he did with Seattle when Ray Allen was injured. He LIT IT UP. I just dont think he got the oppertunity in Cleveland to show what he had. If we DO get him I will be both shocked and EXTREMELY happy.
DSC
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 09:53:48 pm »

I think that he would be better than nothing, but as a SG I would prefer say, Rasual Butler.

His ability to play the occassional PG is the only thing interesting, but he still seems iffy to me.

I'd rather add a big with the BAE, and trade for a wing/PG(Davis + either '08 pick, or 2nd(s?) for Knight).
Becar
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 10:42:27 pm »

He has played SG all of his life. This isnt a new position to this guy. In my opinion, he is VERY SLIGHTLY behind bonzi wells in the best 2 gaurds available.
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 11:21:29 pm »

Quote from: "Cross"

Ah, I would tend to disagree.

Until this year, Flip hasn't gotten many starts in his NBA career. When he was traded to Cleveland this year, he played 28 games for the Cavilers, 25 of which were starts. He put up career highs in field goal percentage, three point field goal percentage, steals per game, and points per game. Flips stat line with the Cavs goes as follows...

Flip Murray:
14 PPG
45% FG
31% 3PT FG
70% FT
1.4 SPG

I would say those are pretty good numbers in reality. Saying that he wouldn't be a good starter really, just doesn't make sense.

That being said, I wouldn't want Murray with the Pistons, as he wouldn't start, and he doesn't put up the same good numbers off the bench that he does when starting...

DSC
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 12:15:46 pm »

Quote from: "Joshua"

Until this year, Flip hasn't gotten many starts in his NBA career. When he was traded to Cleveland this year, he played 28 games for the Cavilers, 25 of which were starts. He put up career highs in field goal percentage, three point field goal percentage, steals per game, and points per game. Flips stat line with the Cavs goes as follows...

Flip Murray:
14 PPG
45% FG
31% 3PT FG
70% FT
1.4 SPG

I would say those are pretty good numbers in reality. Saying that he wouldn't be a good starter really, just doesn't make sense.

That being said, I wouldn't want Murray with the Pistons, as he wouldn't start, and he doesn't put up the same good numbers off the bench that he does when starting...

Very Willie Green-esque.

Needs to play big minutes to be effective, but not good enough to demand those minutes.
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 08:50:09 am »

Quote from: "DSC"

Flip Murray:
14 PPG
45% FG
31% 3PT FG
70% FT
1.4 SPG

Very Willie Green-esque.

Needs to play big minutes to be effective, but not good enough to demand those minutes.

On other teams, he is good enough to demand those minutes. But not in Detroit, there is to much talent for him to get the 35 minutes per game he needs.

DSC
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 10:00:35 am »

Flip Murray:
14 PPG
45% FG
31% 3PT FG
70% FT
1.4 SPG

Very Willie Green-esque.

On other teams, he is good enough to demand those minutes. But not in Detroit, there is to much talent for him to get the 35 minutes per game he needs.

Who has that big of a need at the 2?

Charlotte?  Denver?  Houston?  That's all I can think of, and they have chuckers a the 3, that would be taking the ball out of Flip's hands.

Flip can either function in a Vinny Johnson role, or in a role of taking over for an injured star, IMO.
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 11:39:44 am »

Flip Murray:
14 PPG
45% FG
31% 3PT FG
70% FT
1.4 SPG

Very Willie Green-esque.

Who has that big of a need at the 2?

Charlotte?  Denver?  Houston?  That's all I can think of, and they have chuckers a the 3, that would be taking the ball out of Flip's hands.

Flip can either function in a Vinny Johnson role, or in a role of taking over for an injured star, IMO.

Flip Murray could start in Denver, Orlando, and Charlotte.

lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 01:56:17 pm »

He would be a good fit and he would sign for cheap but I think he'll go somewhere were he can get the startinr role like Denver or Houston

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

Hughes2James23
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 03:18:10 pm »

The whole reason Flip left Cleveland was because he didnt want to backup Larry Hughes, the most sensible place for him to go would be charlotte
lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 05:15:06 pm »

Charlottes not intrested

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 06:27:15 pm »