Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magic may make a move to land Rush  (Read 4075 times)
Magicman76
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 08, 2006, 08:18:27 am »

http://floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060708/SPORTS/607080326/1002

I think Rush would fit in nicely.

Looking forward to the future. Go Magic. Bring it back Cotto (28-0-23 KO)
Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 03:10:04 pm »

That would be a nice addition for the Magic. Rush has a nice shot he can provide help at the gaurd spot for the Orlando Magic.

Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 04:16:08 pm »

he'll be a good fit until JJ develops fully. I doubt he'll do much in his rookie season.

I don't think JJ will do more than what Sarunas Jasikevicus did for the Pacers as a rookie this year minus some assists. Just go out and shoot jumpers when needed.
jdavis
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 02:48:22 pm »

I think Kareem Rush would be a great pick-up for the Magic. It's looking more and more like Stevenson is going to leave, and Rush in my opinion is an upgrade anyway. Rush a JJ would give them nice depth at SG. The Magic in my opinion are a team on the rise. Dwight Howard is a STUD!!!
big bad kahoona
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 02:28:47 am »

There was a reason why he was cut in the middle of last season.

If i cant dazzle u with brilliance, then ima baffle u with bullshit...
AK-47
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 08:56:08 pm »

Great pick up if it happens, IMO. Always been a fan of Rush, will add to the Magic.
Kiwi1
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 09:53:30 pm »

Quote from: "big bad kahoona"
There was a reason why he was cut in the middle of last season.

Yeah but he won't be relied on to set the tone, i think there has been a culture established at the Magic that will sort him out, he's expendable so if he's not playing hard he'll ride the pine, maybe that will motivate him?
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 11:38:19 pm »

Ah, this wouldn't make much sense with JJ Redick being drafted by the Magic. I know you guys don't think hes ready, but I think that Otis Smith is going to throw him right into the fire next season. Hes gonna' be a player that sinks or swims.

But if Redick wasn't in Orlando, than Rush would be a perfect fit. To be honest, I would take Rush over Redick. Rush might not have the dead on shot that Redick has, but he is FAR more atheltic, and can take defenders off the dribble, to create his own shot...

cucumberjones
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 02:12:29 am »

"May make a move to get Rush," are you kidding me? No one else wants this guy. I'm not saying he isn't good, because he's definately a good shooter, but really no team wants him. I'd prefer Stevenson, or hell even Steve Francis, over Rush.

JJ Redick > Kareem Rush

Magicman.. you stole my avatar Sad
big bad kahoona
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 04:51:27 am »

Why would the Magic want 2 SGs who can shoot but cant guard? IMO since the Magic drafted Redick the should sign Stevenson since he's a great perimeter defender.

If i cant dazzle u with brilliance, then ima baffle u with bullshit...
Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 09:40:16 am »

Quote from: "big bad kahoona"
Why would the Magic want 2 SGs who can shoot but cant guard? IMO since the Magic drafted Redick the should sign Stevenson since he's a great perimeter defender.

Totally agree, I would love to keep DS but it doesn't look like he is resigning here so they have to look at a replacement, I rather have Flip Murray but Rush would not be a bad short term solution

Looking forward to the future. Go Magic. Bring it back Cotto (28-0-23 KO)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: