Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Boxing/MMA Thread  (Read 64200 times)
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2011, 10:29:20 am »

Don't really watch the UFC that much, but I was at BW3's and saw the Rampage vs Jones fight. I have to say I haven't been as entertained watching a UFC fight as I was watching Jones, that guy is not going to lose a fight for a long time.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2011, 11:44:57 am »

maybe Jones should put on a few pounds and move up to heavyweight.  dudes 6'4'' with a heavyweight's reach.  go fight the bigger guys if he wants more competition.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
eric
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2011, 11:39:04 am »

Looks like Bones is fighting Machida because Rashad Evans has a broken thumb or something.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2011, 02:23:16 pm »

old man B.Hopkins is in the ring AGAIN this Saturday.  he's already ahead of Mayweather on my all time list, but if he beats Dawson this weekend he starts climbing toward Roy Jones.  not sure if i'll ever give him the nod over Roy though... both in their primes, Roy kicked his ass.  great longevity though... ended Kelly Pavlik so he gets a bonus there. lol

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »

so this is what the fight game has come to

another disgraceful HBO fight.  i swear to God.  i'm only watching Pacquiao from now on.  old man Hopkins does his wrestling routine and jumps on Dawson's back for like the 3rd time in the fight.  Dawson says " fuck it, i'm tired of the b.s. " and dumps Hopkins on his back.  Hopkins grabs his shoulder and fight over.  Dawson wins. 

now, 1st of all, Dawson was digging in Hopkins' ass up until that point.  landed one shot that would've KO'ed any regular guy, but credit BHop for taking the punch.  so then predictably the Hopkins' wrestling show ensues... starts jumping on Dawson back.  throw a couple punches... jump on Dawson's back. lol  can't blame Dawson one bit for just dumping Hopkins on the floor.  Hopkins was literally on dude's back... feet off the floor even.  anyway i'm glad Dawson got the decision from the ref.  it's impressive that Hopkins is even still fight, but i'm tired of the damn wrestling.  between Mayweather and Hopkins, this is gettin ridiculous.  when is the next Manny-fight?

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »

Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson (Light Heavy Weight Title Fight) T.K.O 2nd round HBO 10/15/11

foolishness.

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2011, 05:19:03 pm »

Hopkins lerched over to that man like the Undertaker lol...and caught an atomic drop

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2011, 05:27:44 pm »

Hopkins lerched over to that man like the Undertaker lol...and caught an atomic drop

lol  it was like the 3rd time he did it too.  too damn " crafty " for his own good

Fair enough.
Depressed Clown
MVP

Counterpoint/trolling

Respect: +1436

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2011, 01:03:54 pm »

Haha Hopkins. Silly old tit.

On the subject of Bones Jones, he'll be able to make LHW for a while yet, I think. Doesn't appear to be a natural mesomorph so he should be okay until his late 20s.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2011, 09:10:24 am »

so predictable that May reacts after Arum calls him out.  i don't even know if i wanna see a Pac-May fight anymore.  both dudes are gonna be 3 years older.  this could've something special 3 years ago.  i still doubt it happens anyway.  Mayweather doesn't wanna get hit... and he will be hit more than he ever has in the ring with Pac.

Fair enough.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »

Place your bets now boys

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2011, 10:19:50 am »

What a complete and utter joke boxing has become. Marquez clearly won that fight, but of course the judges didn't think so. Paki-ow would have to be clearly knocked out in order for him to be declared the loser, if it goes to decision he's going to win every time. Between this, and the Mayweather/Ortiz fight, boxing has pretty much lost any credibility it might have had.

Soon....
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2011, 10:29:07 am »

Marquez clearly won that fight

lolwut?

That was probably the closest fight I've ever seen. To say that  either of them "clearly won" is utterly preposterous.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2011, 02:06:34 pm »

lolwut?

That was probably the closest fight I've ever seen. To say that  either of them "clearly won" is utterly preposterous.

fans usually side with the underdog when a fight is close.  

the bottom line is this... you go backwards, you run the risk of losing.  and Marquez was fighting going backwards the entire fight.  counterpunching is great, but Pacquiao impressively carries fights going forward.  for that reason, among others, Mayweather is scared to get in the ring with Pac and get that 1st loss.  because Pac is next to impossible to KO, especially when you have no power ala Mayweather, and he's gonna come forward and throw 600+ punches... hell usually around 1,000.  punch stats show who was the worker last night... Pac landed 176 punches last night and Marquez landed 138.  if you're not gonna knock down the champ or knock him out completely... you better come to outwork him.  and Marquez did what he always does against Pac... fight a good close fight, but come up short because he doesn't have the power to put Pac down and he doesn't pursue enough.

Fair enough.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2011, 03:11:48 pm »

just like their last bout, i think Marquez won it. what a shame, Manny really cant win against Marquez

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Up

Jump to: