Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Boxing/MMA Thread  (Read 64827 times)
infinite
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2011, 10:41:06 pm »

What a complete and utter joke boxing has become. Marquez clearly won that fight, but of course the judges didn't think so. Paki-ow would have to be clearly knocked out in order for him to be declared the loser, if it goes to decision he's going to win every time. Between this, and the Mayweather/Ortiz fight, boxing has pretty much lost any credibility it might have had.

What the hell are you talking about? What did Marquez do to win that fight? He landed less punches. Threw less punches. He didn't even land the more powerful punches. Please tell me what Marquez did to win that fight.

Maybe if you've never seen a counter-puncher fight before you might think what Marquez did was amazing, but let's be real, Marquez wasn't busy enough to win that fight. The fight was close, but he simply didn't do enough to win.

BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2011, 12:47:51 am »

counterpunching is great, but Pacquiao impressively carries fights going forward.  for that reason, among others, Mayweather is scared to get in the ring with Pac and get that 1st loss.  

lol stop it. Mayweather's reach is +5 in on Marquez and Pacquiao. Pacquiao has a puncher's chance if he gets around the steroid test, but that's it.

Depressed Clown
MVP

Counterpoint/trolling

Respect: +1436

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2011, 08:21:28 am »

old-school Pride action this weekend with Henderson Vs Shogun. Anyone watching?
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2011, 02:52:03 am »

lol stop it. Mayweather's reach is +5 in on Marquez and Pacquiao. Pacquiao has a puncher's chance if he gets around the steroid test, but that's it.

so what you're saying is that Pacquiao won't be able to get inside on Mayweather. lololololplease  what's the next excuse for Mayweather after Pacquiao does the drug test that Mayweather asks nobody else to take?  is Mayweather gonna jump in the ring with his baby mama again and go to jail another time or two? rofl  i'm sure Mayweather could squeeze another two years out of that and make it a full 5 years that he's been ducking Pacquiao.  they can just finally get in the ring at a charity event or something in 2040 when Michael Buffer is as old as Joe Paterno and needs 10 minutes to get out his " lets get ready to rumblllllllllleeeee! "

" puncher's chance "??..........  

Count Olaf's Crazy Laugh

you do realize that Pacquiao has almost as many KOs as Mayweather has wins right? hahahaha  yeh he's gotta a puncher's chance alright.  and power to hurt Mayweather with either hand.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
infinite
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »

you do realize that Pacquiao has almost as many KOs as Mayweather has wins right? hahahaha  yeh he's gotta a puncher's chance alright.  and power to hurt Mayweather with either hand.

You do realize that Pac spent most of his career fighting at Featherweight right? Floyd's not a Featherweight and he has one of the greatest chins of all time. Pacquiao could hurt him, but I don't even think Pac has a puncher's chance against Floyd.

Pacquiao's KO% above 140 lbs.- 26%

Floyd's KO% above 140 lbs.- 42%(no counting the Ortiz fight. If you count the Ortiz fight then it's 50%)

Floyd doesn't have KO power, but his punches do carry good pop. If they ever do fight I think Floyd is just going to circle to his left all night and constantly hit Manny with his lead straight right. Floyd beats Pac by UD.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2011, 05:14:16 pm »

You do realize that Pac spent most of his career fighting at Featherweight right? Floyd's not a Featherweight and he has one of the greatest chins of all time. Pacquiao could hurt him, but I don't even think Pac has a puncher's chance against Floyd.

Pacquiao's KO% above 140 lbs.- 26%

Floyd's KO% above 140 lbs.- 42%(no counting the Ortiz fight. If you count the Ortiz fight then it's 50%)

Floyd doesn't have KO power, but his punches do carry good pop. If they ever do fight I think Floyd is just going to circle to his left all night and constantly hit Manny with his lead straight right. Floyd beats Pac by UD.

well with that prediction by Infinite hopefully Mayweather can conjure up the same confidence in himself that you have in him.  because if it was that simple Mayweather wouldn't have been ducking Pac for going on 3 years now. lol  a dude with confidence isn't going out of his way to NOT fight another man, asking for unusual drug tests, etc.  

to say that Floyd is gonna circle in one direction all night... hahahahahaha.  you do realize that Manny is a southpaw, no?  they're gonna be toe to toe literally unless Floyd puts his running shoes on ( very possible) + how slow do you think Manny is?  i ask that because he's fairly fast... one would even say " damn fast " and he fights in flurries.  so if Mayweather is " circling left all night " Manny, the southpaw, is eventually and naturally gonna cut the ring off... unless you think Manny is as slow as Butterbean.  i mean really.  Floyd will have to engage to Manny in this... champs don't lose to prancing and that's what makes fighting southpaws so different.  at some point Mayweather is gonna have to make it known that it's his fight and that's why the fight hasn't been made... he doesn't wanna open up and have to trade with Pacquiao.  

" Mayweather's chin is great "?... when has it been tested?... he's not only ducked Manny, but also ducked Cotto.  Manny's chin is the chin that's great and the kickboxing background, being hit by sticks, is what's built his body's tolerance.  regardless of the KO%s, Manny is packing more power in both hands... Shane Mosley couldn't believe how hard Manny hit.

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2011, 11:53:22 am »

what's the next excuse for Mayweather after Pacquiao does the drug test that Mayweather asks nobody else to take?

Mayweather asked Mosley to take it, and he did. Pacquiao on the other hand...

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2011, 12:23:36 pm »

it's protect yourself at all times

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2011, 12:37:23 pm »

Mayweather asked Mosley to take it, and he did. Pacquiao on the other hand...

Mosley's name was on the Balco list and he was desperate for pay days on his way out.  Pacquiao's name isn't on anybody's steroid list... just some stuff Floyd made up so he didn't have to fight him at that point... " wait it out "... he'll lose and lose luster or get old fast... " you won't even have to fight him ".  3 years later and people still wanna know wassup.

talk about what Mosley took, he took a real beating in the ring with Pacquiao.  Mayweather never once hurt Mosley, just out-skilled the old man with no legs.  Mayweather didn't wanna see Mosley circa-2001 though.  would've put the pound-game on Money. lol  lil too crisp, too strong.

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2011, 12:49:02 pm »

Mosley's name was on the Balco list and he was desperate for pay days on his way out.  Pacquiao's name isn't on anybody's steroid list... just some stuff Floyd made up so he didn't have to fight him at that point... " wait it out "... he'll lose and lose luster or get old fast... " you won't even have to fight him ".  3 years later and people still wanna know wassup.

Mosley fought Mayweather coming off 2 wins, so the "desperation" excuse doesn't hold. He took the test because he had nothing to hide.

I said this awhile ago and I'll repeat: Is Mayweather ducking Pacquiao? Yes. Is Pacquiao on steroids? Yes. Ask yourself, would you take a blood test for $30 million+? I'd take one for $30. All Pacquiao has to do to expose Mayweather is to agree to the test.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2011, 10:41:59 pm »

Mosley fought Mayweather coming off 2 wins, so the "desperation" excuse doesn't hold. He took the test because he had nothing to hide.

I said this awhile ago and I'll repeat: Is Mayweather ducking Pacquiao? Yes. Is Pacquiao on steroids? Yes. Ask yourself, would you take a blood test for $30 million+? I'd take one for $30. All Pacquiao has to do to expose Mayweather is to agree to the test.

lol excuse?  Mosley is on his last leg.  follow a career.  hell, watch a fight.  Mosley took the test because his name was involved with the BALCO scandal.  that's fact and he admitted that.  hit me with some facts.

just because you and i would take a drug test for 30 mill doesn't mean Pacquiao has to.  you have a high opinion of yourself, as do i, but get real.  Pacquiao has Mayweather in court for slander... gettin $ off his dumb ass ( like everybody else) regardless.  now would you just take your asswhoopin or say some dumb/cowardly shit that gets you sued for a substantial amount of money?  you and Mayweather have zero proof of Pacquiao doping, so it's fear talking... you see a buzzsaw that's superior and fighting the guy isn't worth it.  this is why Mayweather will never be in the class of a Hearns, Hagler, or Leonard.  or Pacquiao for that matter. lol  Mayweather isn't fooling anybody who knows boxing... he's getting called out by EVERYBODY who's anybody in the world of boxing.  anybody who understands boxing knows skill outlast physical brilliance... look to the case of Hopkins and Jones Jr.  Mayweather is trying to wait Pac out and fight Pacquiao on his terms... when Pacquiao loses some of his physical brilliance and steam.  oldest story in boxing.

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2011, 11:04:22 pm »

lol excuse?  Mosley is on his last leg.  follow a career.  hell, watch a fight.  Mosley took the test because his name was involved with the BALCO scandal.  that's fact and he admitted that.  hit me with some facts.

just because you and i would take a drug test for 30 mill doesn't mean Pacquiao has to.  you have a high opinion of yourself, as do i, but get real.  Pacquiao has Mayweather in court for slander... gettin $ off his dumb ass ( like everybody else) regardless.  now would you just take your asswhoopin or say some dumb/cowardly shit that gets you sued for a substantial amount of money?  you and Mayweather have zero proof of Pacquiao doping, so it's fear talking... you see a buzzsaw that's superior and fighting the guy isn't worth it.  this is why Mayweather will never be in the class of a Hearns, Hagler, or Leonard.  or Pacquiao for that matter. lol  Mayweather isn't fooling anybody who knows boxing... he's getting called out by EVERYBODY who's anybody in the world of boxing.  anybody who understands boxing knows skill outlast physical brilliance... look to the case of Hopkins and Jones Jr.  Mayweather is trying to wait Pac out and fight Pacquiao on his terms... when Pacquiao loses some of his physical brilliance and steam.  oldest story in boxing.

The slander suit is light money, and real talk, Mayweather has banked more than Pacquiao, so you know who needs that check more.

As far as the proof, we know Pacquiao is a natural bantamweight/featherweight that gained power and speed while moving up 3 weight classes. Again, I'm not going to sit here and tell you Mayweather isn't ducking, but for you and all Pacquiao fans to hear no evil see no evil in regards to the steroids is a joke. If Pacquiao is legit then Roy Jones should have been knocking heavyweights out.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:59 pm »

The slander suit is light money, and real talk, Mayweather has banked more than Pacquiao, so you know who needs that check more.

As far as the proof, we know Pacquiao is a natural bantamweight/featherweight that gained power and speed while moving up 3 weight classes. Again, I'm not going to sit here and tell you Mayweather isn't ducking, but for you and all Pacquiao fans to hear no evil see no evil in regards to the steroids is a joke. If Pacquiao is legit then Roy Jones should have been knocking heavyweights out.

lol really?  arguing who needs the money more?  who needs the check more?  question for you... which guy is living like an outlaw right now?  Mayweather has law suits coming from all over the place and Pacquiao is King in his country.  let's do a poll and see where everybody fits in on the subject of who's money is gonna last longer. lol  Mayweather is that dummy who blows it all eventually... and he's already working on it.

what Pacquiao and Roy Jones have done in regards to moving up weight classes has nothing to do with eachother.  Roy Jones is a dude that naturally walked around at 170lbs., outside of that... fighting MUCH bigger men is a bigger deal... that's why Roy Jones-Lennox Lewis never happened.  even when Pacquiao was in the bantamweight/featherweight divison he was naturally a stronger guy walking around on the average day at 140-145lbs.  that's why it's nothing for Pacquiao to eat 7000 calories a day and stay on course... he does that on the average.  been in kickboxing training long before he even picked up boxing gloves.  even though he's 5'6'' he's naturally a strong guy.  boxing experts projected he'd belong in the welterweight divison because of the natural power.  and he's done well for himself and proved them right... champion... destroying the stronger Cotto, etc.  excuses, excuses for Mayweather... are you his manager on the low?

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2011, 11:51:47 pm »

excuses, excuses for Mayweather... are you his manager on the low?

Uh truthfully I could give a f*** about both. If I was some super-Mayweather fan I wouldn't state that Mayweather is ducking multiple times. I was more of a Mayweather fan at the beginning of this whole ordeal, admittedly.  But Pacquiao is still obviously doping. And Mayweather's $ is still longer than Pacquiao's. Correct me if I'm wrong on either.

Pacquiao was not a natural 140-145 fighting bantamweight lol stop it. Only a blind homer can suspend their disbelief that much. So he was weight-draining every fight and still beating everyone? Was that the deal?

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2011, 12:21:21 am »

Uh truthfully I could give a f*** about both. If I was some super-Mayweather fan I wouldn't state that Mayweather is ducking multiple times. I was more of a Mayweather fan at the beginning of this whole ordeal, admittedly.  But Pacquiao is still obviously doping. And Mayweather's $ is still longer than Pacquiao's. Correct me if I'm wrong on either.

Pacquiao was not a natural 140-145 fighting bantamweight lol stop it. Only a blind homer can suspend their disbelief that much. So he was weight-draining every fight and still beating everyone? Was that the deal?

so you're saying Mayweather fans can't keep it real. mhm  that would be you then. lol  you say " truthfully ", well then which of your claims have been untruthful?  most or all?

on a regular day, no training, Pacquiao was 140-145lbs while dominating the featherweight divison.  it's nothing for a younger guy to lose 10lbs and keep his strength when his dietary habits don't change much.  that's another reason you can't compare what Roy Jones was doing vs. what Manny was doing... Roy was an older guy moving up and then dropping back down in weigh.    

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22   Go Up

Jump to: